Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tolls and the tools who decide the prices.

• 18-09-2006 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Passing the toll signs at the strat of the Fermoy Bypass today.

Here are the rates

0.90/1.60/2.90/3.70/4.10 and one other I missed, but do you spot anything?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭trout

yeah ... but do you really want them rounded UP to the nearest euro ?

some bright spark leather elbows on a tweed coat focus group swaying public private partnership lovin' shares in NTR holdin' plonker is bound to suggest this soon ... and make it sound plausible

tolls in this country make me so angry ... especially when you see how they can work abroad, with real savings in journey times for people happy to pay, and credible if slower moving alternative roads for those unwilling to pay tolls ... grrr:mad:

/*end rant*/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd sooner they were honest and simply rounded the price, no-one cares about 10 cents in this day and age.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭trout

mike65 wrote:
    I'd sooner they were honest and simply rounded the price, no-one cares about 10 cents in this day and age.

agreed ... but over time all those 10 cents add up ... i would begrudge the extra tbh ... if would be more palatable if some of the tolls were to be rounded down ... 0.90/1.60/2.90/3.70/4.10 becomes 1.00/1.50/3.00/3.50/4.00

i find it hard to link honesty with tolls ... :rolleyes:

Advertisement