Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crew cab tax question.

• 27-11-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi there just a quick question.
    Is it true that you need proof of having employees when it comes to taxing a crew cab? Eg hilux, l200, or navara etc.
    Ta.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

no........(not at the full rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Dony

MidlandsM wrote: »
    no........(not at the full rate)
    Thanks but I mean commercial tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭navara man

Dony wrote: »
    Is it true that you need proof of having employees when it comes to taxing a crew cab? Eg hilux, l200, or navara etc.
    Ta.
    yes. but some tax office don t look for proof of have 3 employees and some do.which tax office will you be taxing if in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

navara man wrote: »
    yes. but some tax office don t look for proof of have 3 employees and some do.which tax office will you be taxing if in ?
    Lads no tax office can ask of proof of any employees in order to tax a commercial because you dont have to have any employees to have a vat number, if you dont have a vat number put down your pps number and whatever your work is on the goods only declaration and get it stamped by the guards. This only has to be done the first time you tax a new (to you) commercial vehicle

aaakev wrote: »
    Lads no tax office can ask of proof of any employees in order to tax a commercial because you dont have to have any employees to have a vat number, if you dont have a vat number put down your pps number and whatever your work is on the goods only declaration and get it stamped by the guards. This only has to be done the first time you tax a new (to you) commercial vehicle
    yes did will if it a crewcab in some tax office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Dony

navara man wrote: »
    It'll be Drogheda.
    I have commercial discovery but from time to time I've one of two lads with me so a seat in the back would handy.
    Someone mentioned to me that I need proof of full time employees so didn't know what to think.

It'll be Drogheda.
    I have commercial discovery but from time to time I've one of two lads with me so a seat in the back would handy.
    Someone mentioned to me that I need proof of full time employees so didn't know what to think.
    in drogheda it look like will need to fill out crew cab declaration from which need 3 pps number of you paid workers to tax it as "goods vehicle" . ie navara

It'll be Drogheda.
    you should give the drogheda tax office a call just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭elainerut

anyone know the story with mn tax office... lookin to get one of these (navara)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

I taxed my L200 crewcab for the first time in August 2011 I had a heap of paperwork and proof from the inland revenue that I was self employed But never needed or was asked for proof of having employees

What I needed was
    DOE cert
    Crewcab decloration
    Proof of having my own company (Tax cert)
    I think that was it, I have been taxing in on line ever since, Hope this helps

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

I taxed my L200 crewcab for the first time in August 2011 I had a heap of paperwork and proof from the inland revenue that I was self employed But never needed or was asked for proof of having employees

What I needed was
    DOE cert
    Crewcab decloration
    Proof of having my own company (Tax cert)
    I think that was it, I have been taxing in on line ever since, Hope this helps

Can you tax commercial now online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Yes, in the same terms as a private car (need valid test and up to 28? days into the month after before the pin becomes invalid).

• Site Banned Posts: 2 fusilverfish

If you've any live stock you can apply for a herd number. I think even if you have a few chickens you qualify.

As another poster said get a goods vehicle declaration form and put down your pps number and get it signed by the gardai you should be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Once I had taxed it for the first time in The tax office, Every other renewal came with a pin to do it on line I also forgot to mention I need my comercial insurance cert

Hope This helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

I never get a pin with my renewals for 4x4 commercial. Pain in the arse queuing at tax office. Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I never get a pin with my renewals for 4x4 commercial. Pain in the arse queuing at tax office. Must check it out.

Neither do I, it's because I pay anually and the DOE expires a few days before the tax is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I think you need to have at least a month of doe remaining before tax renewal date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ravenelli

I'm thinking of buying a second hand 08 2.4 Hilux Crewcab and have a couple of questions! Does the fact that its already taxed as a commerical mean it will stay in that category or does it automatically change to private until proven otherwise. I also do not own a company. I had a single cab hilux and just had to get a letter from my boss at the time (on company letter head), signed form from the Garda with just my pps number on the form? Is this a once off or do you have to declare every couple of years? Can't afford to be wrong so any advice appreciated.

Herd license sound like a good idea - how do you get one of those?

Ravenelli wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a second hand 08 2.4 Hilux Crewcab and have a couple of questions! Does the fact that its already taxed as a commerical mean it will stay in that category or does it automatically change to private until proven otherwise. I also do not own a company. I had a single cab hilux and just had to get a letter from my boss at the time (on company letter head), signed form from the Garda with just my pps number on the form? Is this a once off or do you have to declare every couple of years? Can't afford to be wrong so any advice appreciated.

some tax office you will need to fill out " crewcab declare form" which will need 3 pps number of your paid work . if you need to fill out that form it will be impossible tax it as " good vehicle" if you don t have any worker...

best thing would be call the tax office a see what they say

• Advertisement

yeah, ring them, different counties have different policies, which is a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Ravenelli wrote: »

If you are calling it a herd licence, forget about it. You need to have land, cattle and handling facilities for them. Private tax would be way cheaper.

ahhh feck, so the bloke down the pub is wrong then, saying all you needed was a few chickens out the back of the house to get a herd number........lol

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazy chester

Just wobdering if its the same for the bigger crewcabs, lwb transits etc?
    Also anyone know if Laois/Kildare tax offices ask for the crew cab declaration??

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazy chester

*wondering

Just wobdering if its the same for the bigger crewcabs, lwb transits etc?
    Also anyone know if Laois/Kildare tax offices ask for the crew cab declaration??

yes, they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IConLive

Is that just the declaration or the 3 employees pps numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kingfisher01

Hi im thinking of purchasing a navara does anyone no if drogheda tax office look for proof of business and the 3 pps numbers as ive always had a van and use to put my own pps number down to cover me with getting it stamped in the station thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

It'll be Drogheda.
    Hi im thinking of purchasing a navara does anyone no if drogheda tax office look for proof of business and the 3 pps numbers as ive always had a van and use to put my own pps number down to cover me with getting it stamped in the station thanks
    Hi guys any update on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 elreberendo

I have searched on the forums but still can't get an answer about this.

I have seen many crew cab jeeps with low tax for sale on Donedeal, however, how does this affect to the insurance? I mean, I don't own a company and I would use the car for private purposes and drive it with my wife and son.

It sounds like my insurer (AXA) would not cover in case of claim, etc... but on the other hand I think is mad to pay €1.294 a year for the tax.

Any advise or first hand testimony would be welcome!
    Thanks a mill.

Advertisement