Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Just goes to show you what the Crucible can do to a player, to miss a red any amateur wud pot with his eyes closed!

Gotta feel for Judd, he looked close to tears in the final frame and to almost get the 4 snookers must make it even harder for him, i hope he learns from this experience because snooker needs him as much as it needed White, Higgins and Ronnie.

Great match, im exhausted! :(:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Was'nt Trump 40 behind with the last red remaining? That way the pink as the free ball plus the black would have left him 32 behind with 35 on the table and all the balls on.
    Mind you who's to say he would have cleared up especially after missing that red with the rest.

Just goes to show you what the Crucible can do to a player, to miss a red any amateur wud pot with his eyes closed!

Gotta feel for Judd, he looked close to tears in the final frame and to almost get the 4 snookers must make it even harder for him, i hope he learns from this experience because snooker needs him as much as it needed White, Higgins and Ronnie.

Great match, im exhausted! :(:D

Its all a learning process, even the gifted players have to learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Question. Trump got a few good snookers in the final 5 minutes that Carter missed. There was a good chance of him missing again, why didn't Trump just have the balls replaced instead of trying to get another snooker?

Degag wrote: »
    Question. Trump got a few good snookers in the final 5 minutes that Carter missed. There was a good chance of him missing again, why didn't Trump just have the balls replaced instead of trying to get another snooker?

No miss can be called when the opposing players needs snookers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

that's it..providing i have a job. taking last week in April/First week in May for my holidays next year.
    Head melted i missed all this action today.
    Is it O'Sullivan & Williams to finish their match for the evening session tonight?

syngindub wrote: »
    that's it..providing i have a job. taking last week in April/First week in May for my holidays next year.
    Head melted i missed all this action today.
    Is it O'Sullivan & Williams to finish their match for the evening session tonight?

O'Sullivan v Williams finish tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

zack01 wrote: »
    No miss can be called when the opposing players needs snookers
    So the balls couldn't have been replaced? I was always under the impression that the balls could be replaced on a foul snooker.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    So the balls couldn't have been replaced? I was always under the impression that the balls could be replaced on a foul snooker.

The only time the balls will not be replaced is when the opposing has reached the snookers required stage and sometimes during a frame when snookers are not required and the referee deems the escape attempt a fair and honest attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Absolutely great to see the Captain through. Trump is over- rated and shouldn't be favourite for all the tournaments he enters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Delighted for Carter. Heard it was an ill tempered affair, what was the handshake like at the end?. Any animosity?.

Delighted for Carter. Heard it was an ill tempered affair, what was the handshake like at the end?. Any animosity?.

Ill tempered?? where did u hear that>?

snookerbacker blog. I believe they even participated in some tweets against eachother last nite after yesterdays session.

snookerbacker blog. I believe they even participated in some tweets against eachother last nite after yesterdays session.

No no, that was all in good form, no animosity at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Absolutely gutted for Judd Trump......I'm after taking to him since last years Championships.

What a final frame though and what a match!

Used to like Ali Carter but I didn't thnk he carried himself well during the match at all. And especially after listening to his interview afterwards he seems like a bit of a di*k!!

But then again, I'm a fan of Trump so maybe it's just me being slightly biased

Wilberto wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted for Judd Trump......I'm after taking to him since last years Championships.

What a final frame though and what a match!

Used to like Ali Carter but I didn't thnk he carried himself well during the match at all. And especially after listening to his interview afterwards he seems like a bit of a di*k!!

But then again, I'm a fan of Trump so maybe it's just me being slightly biased

They are both Essex boys so a bit of rilvalry was always on the cards.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I thought trump was disrespectful at the end, stalling in shaking Carter's hand. I don't like either player that much to be honest.

Anyway what are the odds for a Williams comeback? true, he's a bit of a knob but I've never warmed to Ronnie, ever. Am I weird..:D

• Advertisement

No no, that was all in good form, no animosity at all.

Oh right, my sarcasm radar must have been switched off so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Didn't like the sarcastic clapping from Carter when Trump accidently snookered him. I think there would be a lot more said about it if it was Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I thought trump was disrespectful at the end, stalling in shaking Carter's hand. I don't like either player that much to be honest.

Anyway what are the odds for a Williams comeback? true, he's a bit of a knob but I've never warmed to Ronnie, ever. Am I weird..:D

Ragin I didn't see that game today. Saw the highlights and it looked to me like Trump was just looking the other way when Carter finished.. Nothing like what you suggest.

Ronnie played some incredible snooker yesterday. He's a class act. Used to be a big fan, but don't like the way he has been recently. He didn't turn up for the fans in Galway either.

Mark Williams said in an interview on the BBC yesterday that the reason he lost his form was due to him getting in a lot of financial bother. He said that he now plays solely for the money, and not the trophies. Can't imagine that would be the best for the head. In the same video, it showed him driving a Ferrari!

Ronnie has the first frame of the evening to go 12-5 up. Mark just missed an easy red and left a sitter for Ronnie. Could be all over.

Oh right, my sarcasm radar must have been switched off so!

Ok im lost now, :confused:

edit, im with ye now, sorry ;)

Ronnie wraps up the win 13-6.

Meanwhile a dream start for Higginson as he wins the first four frames to level the match at 10-10. It's the best of five now for a quater final spot now.

A little more insight into today's match with Carter and Trump

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17902265?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

zack01 wrote: »
    Ronnie wraps up the win 13-6.

Meanwhile a dream start for Higginson as he wins the first four frames to level the match at 10-10. It's the best of five now for a quater final spot now.

Jones wins 13-10, he won the three frames after the break which included a 135 total clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

When is O'Sullivan vs. Robertson?

While I'd love to see O'Sullivan come back and win it, Robertson is probably my favourite player, seeing Murphy is gone.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm going to stick my nose out and say Carter for the Championship this year :P

Tuesdays lineup

10am
    QF1 Stephen Hendry v Stephen Maguire
    QF4 Ryan Day v Matthew Stevens

2.30pm
    QF2 Jamie Jones v Ali Carter
    QF3 Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson

7pm
    QF1 Stephen Hendry v Stephen Maguire
    QF4 Ryan Day v Matthew Stevens

Hendry vs Maguire will be interesting. If Hendry keeps his consistantsy going against Maguire I see him winning by a decent margin. Then again in the last few years you never know what you're gonna get so lets see what happens. Day vs Stephens is probably the weakest QF this year. Stephens hasn't played at his best yet and although Day was impressive in the first round, his last 16 match left a lot to be desired, although his fight to the finish was impressive.

Jones vs Carter will be impressive. Both might be slightly drained after crawling across the finish line tonight. Jones safety play will be need to be upped if he wants a good session. Ronnie vs Robertson... well what can we say! Ronnie has been in awesome form so far, if he keeps it going he'll keep Robertson well under wraps and might keep him under wraps for the session! Robertsons no slouch though, I reckon it will be a big tactical session with safety play determining the outcome of it.

Advertisement