Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

Help help OMG. This weekend has been so bad. Loads of drink and takeaways :( dreading tuesday way in but going to go face the music. God this isn't easy. Will get bk on track tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Polly if it's any consolation, I broke it for all of Saturday and Sunday and Im only two weeks in!! Not letting it bother me, back with a bang today. Good luck tomorrow with weigh in x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

polly27 wrote: »
    Help help OMG. This weekend has been so bad. Loads of drink and takeaways :( dreading tuesday way in but going to go face the music. God this isn't easy. Will get bk on track tomorrow

I'm the same two weeks stayin the same this week going to be gain. Head in my book 2mo new mag is out so loads of new recipes going to have great loss next week

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dancingshoes

every one feels like this on Monday, cos the weekends are a different and we all tend to let go a bit, but just think of all the good meals you have had. I was at a wedding and ate and drank all day, but no point in worrying about it, hopefully I am this confident before WI on thursday :D

bulmersgal wrote: »

I'm the same two weeks stayin the same this week going to be gain. Head in my book 2mo new mag is out so loads of new recipes going to have great loss next week

So my body weird I ate junk food every day mc Donald's, curry chipper, crisps and went tall ships twice eating junk n drinking and I lost 3lbs?????

My body is weord

• Advertisement

thanks every one for your comments, i wasnt going to go today as felt like crap but i said if i was seriois about this i would go especially on the bad weeks when i was convinced i was up, well i was down a half pound, its a miracle but one im willing to take, it just goes to show that you should never miss a week as i would have been thinking i was up if i didnt,

so happy 1 and a half gone in two weeks, nothing is going to stop me this time, heres to next week already, good luck everyone :)

thanks every one for your comments, i wasnt going to go today as felt like crap but i said if i was seriois about this i would go especially on the bad weeks when i was convinced i was up, well i was down a half pound, its a miracle but one im willing to take, it just goes to show that you should never miss a week as i would have been thinking i was up if i didnt,

so happy 1 and a half gone in two weeks, nothing is going to stop me this time, heres to next week already, good luck everyone :)

Congrats Polly that's great x

thanks a million, really happy as a loss is always great, how did your weigh in go x

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

i've my WI tomorrow and think i've had a pretty good week. Hope to get my 0.5stone award so need 1.5lbs

thanks a million, really happy as a loss is always great, how did your weigh in go x

Lost 1lb so five gone now in two weeks. Was hoping to have bigger loss for the second wk but I broke it all weekend so couldn't have expected much more in fairness! Just finished my daily Curly Wurly, nom!

• Advertisement

So my body weird I ate junk food every day mc Donald's, curry chipper, crisps and went tall ships twice eating junk n drinking and I lost 3lbs?????

My body is weord

I wouldn't mind a weird body like that, that's a great loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

ok, so I had my first attendance at a slimming world group and my first weigh in

11st 7lbs, so for my height, I'm looking to loose at least 2 stone.

here's to the new beginning...

My body is weord

I wouldn't mind a weird body like that, that's a great loss!

It's a great loss but I don't feel I deserve it, I hate when I try I fail and when I fail I win with great loss. I think I really need to try for few weeks and hopefully numbers show only 1/2 lb to get a 1/2 stone.

On a great note I'm finally 10 stone something been 11 stone for way to long. I was 11 5 1/2 when I joined but was 11 13 at start of year so delighted to be 10 13 as jan 11 I was 10st 2 lb so would lOve to be under that by jan13

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭okiss

I know how you feel getting under a certain stone weight. I have lost over 3 and a half stone so my next target is the 4 stone weight loss.
    To Polly27 - I know that when you have a bad week you don't feel like going to sw but I think that is when you need to go. I had one week when I ate all around me and put up 3 and a half pounds but in the following 2 weeks this was gone.
    I have not missed a sw class since I started. I am now wearing clothes that have not fitted me in 5 years. Several people have noticed that I have lost weight recently.
    To emma_mc123 make sure to eat a min of 5 syns each day and join the sw website as a member as it has a lot of information which will help you.
    You can also get the syn value for a lot of foods.
    If you have any questions just put them here and we should be able to help you out. If your eating bread get the dunnes better for you 3 slices is you healthy b. Just be very careful with bread as some slices could be 5/6/7 syns.
    Good Luck everyone hope we all have a good week.

well im just home frm WI and i was down 4.5lbs so delighted i could scream it from the roof. so i got my half stone award and slimmer of the week but i did work my backside off this last week (but i did have 2 Chinese's as well as a few packs of crisps but i didn't go over my daily syns)

so i've 10lbs down so far and want to lose 3.5-4stone in total

Wow that's fantastic Ditzy, well done!!!

okiss wrote: »
    To emma_mc123 make sure to eat a min of 5 syns each day and join the sw website as a member as it has a lot of information which will help you.
    You can also get the syn value for a lot of foods.
    If you have any questions just put them here and we should be able to help you out. If your eating bread get the dunnes better for you 3 slices is you healthy b. Just be very careful with bread as some slices could be 5/6/7 syns.
    Good Luck everyone hope we all have a good week.

thanks very much :)
    I've had a few more syns today than I wanted, but less than I thought after I counted it all up. Surprising amount of freedom :) done my groceries for the week so I'm looking forward to cook some yummy dishes

I'm lucky enough that I actually don't eat a lot of breads etc, my weakness is diary products! but I'm working on it

emma_mc123 wrote: »
    thanks very much :)
    I've had a few more syns today than I wanted, but less than I thought after I counted it all up. Surprising amount of freedom :) done my groceries for the week so I'm looking forward to cook some yummy dishes

I'm lucky enough that I actually don't eat a lot of breads etc, my weakness is diary products! but I'm working on it

im the same as you emma i love cheese and milk, i've gone from drinking half litre a day of full fat to about 200ml of semi skimmed milk and usually allow for a little bit of cheese (i love the extra light laughing cow triangles spread on a ryvita cracker)

Wow that's fantastic Ditzy, well done!!!

thanks comfyknickers :)

Feeling really annoyed today, only lost one pound last week and so far nothing this week, Im only on my third week so I would have hoped for a good losses in the early weeks before things slow down to a more reasonable weekly loss. Sticking to plan and considering I've four stone to lose, you'd think it would come off a bit quicker at the start. Did lose 4lb in fairness first week but still, my eating has changed so much for the better, I would like another pound or two gone by now!

Anyone else had similar starts that can inspire me to cheer up??

Sadcomfy :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

I was the same great starts then slowed down wk 3 to 1 lb so decided to get my ass moving and started walking and a little aqua aerobics to try keep going in the right direction. Week 4 i was 1.5 down and wednesday evening week 5 got a 2lb loss so the exercising is definately working i have 3 lbs to the first stone so really hoping to get it in the next 2 weeks.

I know its soooo disheartening especially when you feel your being so good and sticking to the syns and all the advice but for me the little exercise ive introduced has kickstarted my body into losing again so im happy.

Are you exercising much? Also you are still losing not gaining so its still working:)

Feeling really annoyed today, only lost one pound last week and so far nothing this week, Im only on my third week so I would have hoped for a good losses in the early weeks before things slow down to a more reasonable weekly loss. Sticking to plan and considering I've four stone to lose, you'd think it would come off a bit quicker at the start. Did lose 4lb in fairness first week but still, my eating has changed so much for the better, I would like another pound or two gone by now!

Anyone else had similar starts that can inspire me to cheer up??

Sadcomfy :-(

Dair wrote: »
    I was the same great starts then slowed down wk 3 to 1 lb so decided to get my ass moving and started walking and a little aqua aerobics to try keep going in the right direction. Week 4 i was 1.5 down and wednesday evening week 5 got a 2lb loss so the exercising is definately working i have 3 lbs to the first stone so really hoping to get it in the next 2 weeks.

I know its soooo disheartening especially when you feel your being so good and sticking to the syns and all the advice but for me the little exercise ive introduced has kickstarted my body into losing again so im happy.

Are you exercising much? Also you are still losing not gaining so its still working:)

In fairness I am not exercising but I still felt the food change alone should see a loss, especially after losing 4 the first week. I also find my stomach is not the best either, I don't know if it's all the fruit or just my body getting used to "healthy food" :) . I'll have to try to move my butt, I work full time and only get home to start dinner close to 7pm so it's difficult but I could get out walking even at lunchtime so I'll start that next week and see what happens. Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cupcake123

Hi guys havnt posted in a while but just wanted to give a little update ....Joined 1st Feb and im now 4.5 lbs off 4 stone with Sw :D...I've still lots to go but the difference its made to my life already is amazing,i've lost 7.5 inches of my waistand 6.5 off my hips ,bringin me down 4 sizes ...i was voted as woman of the year by my fellow class mates which i did not expect but the boost it has given me is something else ..The support in Sw is amazing ,everyone is rooting for ya to lose ur weight and get to your dream weight,we have regular walking meet ups during the week which spurs everyone on and the FB page is full of support also when people are strugglin and lots of tips and advice also ...I recommend to anyone ,i've tried them all but if you sincerely want to lose weight and ur heads in the right place for it YOU WILL DO IT ...My tips is buy a journal and keep ur own food diary every day ,it doesnt take long and you can see clearly all ur syns add up and not forgetting any of them ,Loads of superfree ,i cant stress this enough!pack up ur meals with veggies and ,chopped up favourite fruits with a muller on top for afters ...Vary your meals,dont get stuck in a rut with the same old dinners every week ,experiment embrace the cooking ,WHen cooking make extra and freeze some for that lazy day when ur not in the mood to cook ...its as easy to make 2 curries as one ....Plan your day in advance ,if you have an event save 5 syns a day so you can have that treat or few bevvies at the weekend and ur not feelin dprived ...Exercise ....I started with 3 walks a week at half hr a go ,now i still do 3 but for 45mins-1hr...Ive no intention doin extra exercise that i wont keep up in the future !!I enjoy the odd swim now and again too or a cycle ..mix it up !!!Above all enjoy it ,enjoy the class ,stay to class its so important for your loss ....
    The one thing i had to get over are the weeks you have been really good and it doesnt show on the scale ,its disheartening ,but if you follow through and continue to have another good week and another if need be IT WILL SHOW EVENTUALLY !DONT GIVE UP GOIN AH FECK THAT CAuse it will show ,your bodies are changing and fluctuating all the time so dont get over focused on the scales ...take your inches and see the results in a couple of months time ...you will be amazed ....Stick with it guys its so worth it ,i do truely believe that im smiling alot more as the lbs are melting away and i cant wait to reach goal and enjoy the life i know ive been missing out on because of my weight !!!! Good luck everyone on your journey's:D

Great post cupcake, very inspirational, especially for me given my current state of mind!! Congrats on the amazing weight loss x

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭okiss

Hello Cupcake,
    Like you I am now 4.5 lbs from a 4 stone weight loss and I started on the 15 Feb 2012. I was named as woman of the year in my group.
    I have not missed a class since I started.
    I agree with you that some times your doing everything right but the scales is not showing this don't to give up. I had a few weeks of staying the same or down half a pound and then had a 6 and half lb loss.
    I was very unfit when I started and started do a walk which took me 35 mins. I got this walk down to 27 mins. I am now doing a longer walk of 40 -45 mins a day and I am trying to do this 6 days a week.
    I am sorry that I did not measure my hips ect but I am fitting into a trousers four sizes smaller than when I started & a skirt that has not fitted me in at least 6 years. I agree with staying for the class - some one will tell you about something new, something that worked for them and you will make some new friends.
    If you have a bad week go to class as the damage may not be as bad as you think. If you miss a class it is easy to miss another and then you just give up.
    With sw you eating proper food and you can see the difference in yourself as you lose the weight. I agree that you have to stick with it but the rewards are worth it. Shopping can become a joy not a hardship - you can buy the clothes you want not the clothes that fit you in black.
    You can walk a distance without feeling out of breath and on a warm day you don't feel like you have to change you shirt a few times.
    Good Luck to all.

Hi guys, your stories are truly fantastic. Almost 4 stone is great since feb :-D

I'm getting through my first week and think I'm doing well enough, it's tough living with housemates that have biccies everywhere but I'm actually quite proud of my will power. My next test will be tomorrow when back at work sitting so close to the vending machine :-o

Comfyknickers - I know it's tough when your loss slows down but the crappy thing about our bodies is, when we cut down what we eat, our metabolism slows down to match it. The only way to increase this is to move about a bit more.
    Are you near a gym or pool? I love to go swimming and to some circuits and weight classes. But even a quick cycle or walk Is great for you.
    I went to play badminton with a friend yesterday, was so enjoyable I think I might look to do it on a more regular basis. Just need to find a regular partner

There are so many options for exercise, you just need to find something that fits for you

Hope you find your fit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kazzy1703

Hi all. I'm completely hooked on SW. I have tried everything else and spent upwards of 10k on fixes but Slimming World has to be the one for me. I'm really happy with my progress to date. Since joining the first week in May, 18 weeks ago, I am now 57lbs lighter....and in total this year I'm 73lb lighter. From Jan till I started in sw in may I'd only managed to lose 16lb on my own... I had my first stone gone in 3 weeks and the 2nd on week 7...3rd stone week 12 and 4 stone week 18...it's slowing down a little now so I've combined my sw with an app on my phone 'MyFitnessPal'... I know sw says u can eat as much free foods as u like but I limit my intake of potatoes rice pasta etc and it seems to be working. Regardless of what is free or not there are calories in everything so my app helps me keep a diary and keep an eye on my calorie intake. I'm a new person since joining sw...got slimmer of the month every month since I started and got my groups woman of the year too... good luck to everyone who are just starting out... if I can do it anyone can xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kazzy1703

okiss wrote: »
    To the person who put up weight in the first week don't go on slimfast. Your better off eating real food to lose weight. A lot of liquid diets will make you lose weight but once you start to have a normal diet you weight will generally go back up. i would try sw for another 2 weeks and you need to remember the following.
    1. Each meals has to be 1/3 meat or poultry, 1/3 superfree foods and 1/3 free food.
    2 Syn your bread if you use your healthy b for cereals ect.
    Only eat the Dunnes bread mentioned.
    3 Eat 5 to 15 syns each day - this will help you lose weight
    4 Do body magic.
    5 Drink plenty of plain water use sugar free dilute drinks if you find water hard to drink.
    6 If you eat pasta or noodles only eat the dried one as per the book, some of the fresh pasta, precooked noodles ect have syns.
    7 If you are unsure about something check out the syns before eating on the slimming world site.
    8 If you are working out syns 20 cal =1 syn - handy if you are out and need to buy some food.
    9 If you need to buy something to eat rather than a sandwich go for a prepacked salad with no dressing and or a packet of cold meat or cooked chicken.

The 20 cal =1 syn rule only applies to crisps/sweets/biscuits so be careful with this rule

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dibbs27

Hi All - an internet search led me to you!lol Seriously, started reading and thought would like to join you all. The losses have been fab. Well done. I have 3stones to lose and really want to succeed this time. Live in France so no SW classes here. Did join online, expired yesterday, but I just seemed to go mad as soon as I joined so not much of a waste of money! This afternoon, have done an excel spreadsheet with exercise on that I shall tick off daily as having been done. I say I did but husband did really. Am determined to do it. Felt so embarassed yesterday as my son goes to an English school once a week and it moved to a new place yesterday and so there were a bunch of us there helping to move all the stuff. Trips up and down stairs and I was the only one with a red face (although I do get a red face easily upon exertion, always have done. Think of beetroot!lol) and sweaty. Mortifying really. I shall be wearing my nice clothes in my wardrobe by Christmas. I shall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 dancingshoes

great stories Okiss and cupcake,gives me inspiration esp as I have had a gain this week, I was up 1lb and welcome dibbs.

I am not going to give any excuses because I will make up the difference next week, also my running is still going well, I have finished week 3 of the Couch to 5 k programme, really enjoying it now :)

SW: 14 3.5
    Wk 1 14 2
    Wk 2 14 0
    Wk 3 14 1
    (total loss 2.5)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement