Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 Nations Bets?

• 08-01-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anybody have any advice on good bets to put on the 6 Nations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

wales are worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

For the tournament or triple crown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

I certainly wouldnt stick my money on England. They have lost too many key players like Robinson & D'Allaglio.

I'm actually going to put 20eur on Ireland to win the Grand Slam.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

I certainly wouldnt stick my money on England. They have lost too many key players like Robinson & D'Allaglio.

I'm actually going to put 20eur on Ireland to win the Grand Slam.

What sort of odds will you get on that!? Depending on how EOS picks the squad I might be tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

England to win, France second, Ireland third, Scotland/Wales forth or fifth. Italy propping up the table...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

toomevara wrote: »
    England to win, France second, Ireland third, Scotland/Wales forth or fifth. Italy propping up the table...

thats two obvious something funny will happen between the top 3,your better of betting on matches,when the ireland squad is named,if its good i would put a bet for ireland to beat england at twikenham

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

dc69 wrote: »
    i would put a bet for ireland to beat england at twikenham

Well, if you want to chuck your money away feel free.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

I think Ireland are an ok bet at 5's to win the Championship.

On a related note, closer to the championship there is always a bit of value to be had in the Top try scorer by country market, i.e. O'gara at 80's last year,

For the worst possible bet of the Championship, i see that the not very sharp people over at Boylesports have Denis Hickie amongst the favourites to be top Irish Tryscorer.

If they don't refund stakes to customers they should be reported.

Six Nations 2008 02 Feb 14:00 - Top Ireland Tryscorer
    Selection
    Price
    Shane Horgan
    4/1
    Denis Hickie
    4/1
    Andrew Trimble
    5/1
    Brian O'Driscoll
    11/2
    Geordan Murphy
    10/1
    Brian Carney
    10/1
    Gordon D'Arcy
    10/1
    Girvan Dempsey
    14/1
    Isaac Boss
    16/1
    Gavin Duffy
    22/1
    Peter Stringer
    66/1
    Ronan O'Gara
    50/1
    Eoin Reddan
    100/1
    Paddy Wallace
    66/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

toomevara wrote: »
    Well, if you want to chuck your money away feel free.......:D

i cant wait for england fans to realise how they will not get the grand slam this year or even win it.half of the reason the got so far in the wc was becuase australia have an insecurity about playing england and france had a bad day,england would do well to beat Ireland at Twickenham(if eddie names a good squad of course).

Advertisement