Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hilux no power

• 21-08-2015 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Have a 03 hilux will rev no problem no smoke. But no power until I get the revs up which takes ages. If I reverse up hill plenty power but very sluggish driving forward. Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Crap in the fuel tank or fuel lines possibly. Fuel filter would be my first port of call, and then check the tank, as I think there's a gauze in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 timjack

Serviced last week taught it might be that. No change.thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hillbillyhilux

I have a hilux of the same year and found that it was down on power due to a crack in the flexible pipe joining the air box to the engine. Easy enough repair with duct tape, although
    "Milner off road "sell a replacement part cheap enough.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Depending on the age, and the fuel system, if the fuel filter was replaced, it's possible that the pipes are drawing air, and this will allow the engine to run, sort of, but it won't produce any power worth talking about. I had this issue recently on an Isuzu, only solved it by replacing the fuel pipes that connected to the filter body, and putting decent clips on the pipes, the OEM clips that were on there were designed to be easy on off, but as the pipes aged, they didn't exert enough clamp force to prevent air being sucked in.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement