Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black taxi drivers

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

caseyann wrote: »
    Black Irish man :confused::eek:

Irish American :confused::eek:

You need to educate yourself mam!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Sorry i disagree for me they are not. The same as if we were in their countries and working and living they would never see you as one of their own.

I've got an adopted brother who is black, are you seriously telling me he doesn't belong here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Only four :rolleyes:just joking :D
    NO i simply judge not one of our own because he is not Irish.

How the hell do you figure black = non-Irish?

FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

What if he was a black guy originally from France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

procure11 wrote: »
    Ok let me get you clearly...You would not go in a cab with a black driver because you are not comfortable with them.
    Do you adopt the same approach to :

> Black occupants in a Bus- you generally aviod sitting next to them

>Black bus drivers

>Black People at the tills in a supermarket etc etc.

You have every right to dislike a particular kind of people or stick with as you put it" one of our own"...that is your prerogative.It just sounds a bit convoluted to purposefully and consistently aviod black drivers /people.Fairplay to you tho!

>

Yep thats how it is :)

The rest no i would smile and greet them as nice as they would me.If they don't they get same attitude back.
    I don't get the bus anymore thank god don't get me started about the freaks on buses:eek: good god :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Its a disgrace that Irish workers are finding it hard to make a living because of the flood of Africans driving taxis. If they are taking Irish jobs then they should be sent home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Its a disgrace that Irish workers are finding it hard to make a living because of the flood of Africans driving taxis. If they are taking Irish jobs then they should be sent home.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

Let's focus our attention on those Damn Brits first though, right? :rolleyes:

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I've got an adopted brother who is black, are you seriously telling me he doesn't belong here?

aww no Hun i am not saying that :) he is one of our own Irish family rearing then he is Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tippdar

my issue with taxis is not whether they're white,black , yellow whatever,:D its the inconsistencies with prices. i get taxis quite regularly , short journeys from the house to the dart station, its usually around 8 euro but now it seems it depends on the driver etc.

another thing i don't get is why do all the fares start at around e4.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

NO i simply judge not one of our own because he is not Irish.

What about his kids? They're fairly dark-skinned. If one of them grew up to drive a taxi would you refuse to board because they're not "one of our own"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

aww no Hun i am not saying that :) he is one of our own Irish family rearing then he is Irish.

So what if you have an irish child being raised by a black family? Does he become one of them then?

I think you should probably think about what you're saying and what it's saying about you.

procure11 wrote: »
    Irish American :confused::eek:

You need to educate yourself mam!

Very educated my dear ;) how many generations is that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SarahChambers

I am not racist, but I would never get into a taxi with a black driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

Let's focus our attention on those Damn Brits first though, right? :rolleyes:

You wouldnt be laughing 'MizzLolly' if you were a taxi driver trying to make a living. Typical middle class snobbery:rolleyes:

We walk and chew gum at the same time;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement