Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Following on from that calf implants thread, does anyone know where I can get some? I'm almost positive I have the world's smallest calves.

I could give you a run for your money on that front.

I obviously don't mean that literally, as i have no calves and therefore can't run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I could give you a run for your money on that front.

I obviously don't mean that literally, as i have no calves and therefore can't run.

No I doubt it. I have the smallest, most insecure calves. I have a major problem with them. They really effect my day to day life. Every time I'm in the gym or in a shop and a girl asks me if I need any help I just know she's mentally rolling up my trousers. Isn't there some sort of clinic that can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Are you guys making fun of me? /calveless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Is it still on in the Helix in DCU? Email the weightlifting club and see if they can help. There's a rake of equipment there just collecting dust atm.

dcuweightlifting@gmail.com

I'll send them a mail about it to let them know your not gonna rob it or anything.

Your not gonna rob it, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Took 200mgs of caffeine 2.5 hours ago...dont think its enough, im wary of doubling the dose though, i wonder would 300/350 be enough next time....given my session is at 8pm aaaand id like to sleep tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Is it still on in the Helix in DCU? Email the weightlifting club and see if they can help. There's a rake of equipment there just collecting dust atm.

dcuweightlifting@gmail.com

I'll send them a mail about it to let them know your not gonna rob it or anything.

Your not gonna rob it, right?

it is indeed!

though watching clips of the show on youtube, a 7ft bar might not fit on the platform...

2.5 hours before training?

If you double that at 8pm don't expect to sleep before 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

2.5 hours before training?

If you double that at 8pm don't expect to sleep before 2.
    im generally trying to figure out the optimal amount and time before training, i wont be taking any more tonight :)

im generally trying to figure out the optimal amount and time before training, i wont be taking any more tonight :)

Bout 30mins depending on how long you take to warm up. There is nothig fun about a pile of caffeine kicking in when you're standing there with an empty bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Parsley wrote: »
    it is indeed!

though watching clips of the show on youtube, a 7ft bar might not fit on the platform...

They have a wimmins bar too, just don't tell anyone what the yellow sticker means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

I generally take 3 200mg tabs an hour before I train.

BUT I'm special

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    They have a wimmins bar too, just don't tell anyone what the yellow sticker means.

emailed em there, cheers!

"170kg from the high blocks. Donny pointed to this bar and said "I am going to snatch the **** out of you. Then he announced to the whole gym "I am going to snatch the **** out of this bar". Then he grabbed it it and snatched the **** out of it."

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

5nbHA.gif

Somebody find me one of those singlets with the massive stripes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Somebody find me one of those singlets with the massive stripes.

Ultimate performance light weight singlets now available.

Hello and welcome to another episode of good idea/bad idea.

Good Idea:

Buying Peri Peri sauce to go with your kilo of turkey

Bad Idea:

Drinking from the bottle while waiting for it to cook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Hope you had milk nearby!

1kg turkey is ~300g of proteinz? Nice

Hope you had milk nearby!

1kg turkey is ~300g of proteinz? Nice

No milk for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Anybody do chin/pullups with lifting straps? I remember reading some record holder using them, I tried it ages ago but couldn't figure how to get them in place. Might have to stand on a box to be able to wrap them around the bar properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

rubadub wrote: »
    Anybody do chin/pullups with lifting straps? I remember reading some record holder using them, I tried it ages ago but couldn't figure how to get them in place. Might have to stand on a box to be able to wrap them around the bar properly.

was just thinking about this yesterday. I think standing on a box is the only way too do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

Or you could just stand up and wrap them, then lift your feet of the ground?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Wood wrote: »

Some of us shortarses have to stand on a box/jump just to reach the bar. :o

Are you at the stage where grip is a limiting factor rubadub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

gravity is a limiting factor for me on chins + pull ups, i never considered using straps so im going to try it tomorow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

rubadub wrote: »
    was just thinking about this yesterday. I think standing on a box is the only way too do it now.
    Wood wrote: »
    GASMANN wrote: »
    gravity is a limiting factor for me on chins + pull ups, i never considered using straps so im going to try it tomorow

Maybe these are what you want lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

looking at the pic id say straps would be better

If gravity is your enemy then strapping ain't gonna help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

looking at the pic id say straps would be better

Probably be more secure alright, but for the convenience of getting in position the hooks might be easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Maybe these are what you want lads.

No...im pretty sure not being a fat b*stard is what i need.

Advertisement