Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The worst place in Ireland......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ Saige Prickly Bandage

Derry is in Northern Ireland not Ireland.
    The sooner people come around to accept historical FACTS, the sooner we can all relax and eventually sort out this whole issue.

But I do love stirring the proverbial sh*t, so one word: Londonderry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

^ Tell that to the nationalist majoritive of Derry ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ Saige Prickly Bandage

dlofnep wrote:
    ^ Tell that to the nationalist majoritive of Derry ^

Do you have their address?

The nationalist majoritive,
    Londonderry,
    Uk
    :)

Accept the facts!!! If you want to change things, thats great, work away. But you've got to know where you're coming from to know how to get somewhere else (if that makes sense)

I think you'll find the name is Derry. Just visit it for yourself and speak to any person there. I'm sure you can work out the ratio pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

dlofnep wrote:
    Derry is in Ireland Slow Coach - keep your Paisleyism to yourself. This isn't the first thread where you've swoggled your anti-free-irish sentiments.

You don't know the first thing about me. So STFU.

I served 26 years in this (Free) state's defence forces, so I am, by definition, a free stater.

The "Free State" is 26 counties, of which Derry is not one. So Derry is not in Ireland.

You still haven't said what France has to do with anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

My mate from Derry says EVERYONE calls it "Derry", including unionists. The only time unionists call it "Londonderry" is when they want to piss off nationalists.

On topic: Mitchelstown, County Cork. A boil on the landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I hate Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I hate Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Derry is in Ireland, it is not in the Republic of Ireland but it is in Ireland. There is no political entity known as Ireland. Ireland is the island, not just the 26 counties. Hell not too long ago I heard Ian Paisley admit that he was Irish.

The worst place in Ireland is Portarlington, depressing place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dudess wrote:
    On topic: Mitchelstown, County Cork. A boil on the landscape.
    But what about the cheese? Did you stop for one minute and think of the thriving cheese industry of Mitchelstown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Page 3, over 40 posts and nobody has said Limerick yet.

I'm not saying it's the worst by any means (in fact it's one of the best) but still, it usually gets picked on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Amy Elliott

No 'ass to mouth'?

That's a disgrace!

That's correct and there's no Automatic Teller Machine in the side of a wall to get money out of either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Limerick city. Nuff said.

• Isn't it great, a discussion about the worst town in (the island of)Ireland turns into an argument about Norm Iron! :rolleyes:

No wonder things never get done! :rolleyes:

Moate (traffic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is anywhere worse than Dalkey?

People are either rough arse council house dwellers who think, because they live in Dalkey, they are posh. Or posh people who know they are posh and treat everyone like dirt.

Nice chipper though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Mullingar
    The town has grown so much but nothing at all to do in the town. All the shops are closing down and you have to go to Athlone or Tullamore to go shopping for clothes, electrical items etc. To get a decent job you must commute. Nothing to do at the weekends only drink. The town has gotten so rough at night aswell.

On the other hand, moved to Cork a few months ago and I love it. People are extra nice and friendly, just realised how rude people are in Mullingar. Great jobs, shops and lots of things to do other than drink every weekend.

Cork rocks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

On the other hand, moved to Cork a few months ago and I love it. People are extra nice and friendly, just realised how rude people are in Mullingar. Great jobs, shops and lots of things to do other than drink every weekend.

Cork rocks!!!!

Shhhhhhh!!!! You're not allowed to say that, you'll upset too many people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Newbridge in Kildare. I've never once liked that place. There's not much too it and it's not very interesting.

Cork rocks!!!!
    Beans, I think you have a bright future ahead of you in our fair city by the Lee! Now, for God's sake will you change your location to the glorious People's Republic!
    But what about the cheese? Did you stop for one minute and think of the thriving cheese industry of Mitchelstown?
    Golden Vale or no Golden Vale, tis a sh*t heap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Illkillya wrote:
    Clearly you've never been to Dunmanway.

Dunmanway! Couldn't have said it better my self. it's a hellish place trapped in the 1950's also Carna in Conemara

Yeah Dunmanway's a dump. I find that side of West Cork (Crookstown, Newcestown, Crossbarry, Enniskeane etc) really depressing.
    But I've a good few friends from round there and they tell me Gatsbys was good - scary but good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Northern Ireland, I went on a weekend there a few weeks ago. I thought it was an awful shíthole altogether, the nicest places we're still falling apart. And I felt like kicking the shít out of every single person in the towns were they hang out the UJ's, Scottys and Norn Iron flags! And they have St.Patricks grave in a protestant grave-yard! No offence but he was catholic, and that extreamly pissed me off!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

ALL of Northern Ireland - isn't that a bit of generalisation? I've been in Derry, Tyrone, Down and Antrim. I found that - like most places - there were some nice parts, some not-so-nice parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

I love Derry...its savage..been a few times and loved it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anywhere is better than Furbo ;)

Slow coach wrote:
    You don't know the first thing about me. So STFU.

I served 26 years in this (Free) state's defence forces, so I am, by definition, a free stater.

The "Free State" is 26 counties, of which Derry is not one. So Derry is not in Ireland.

You still haven't said what France has to do with anything.

I know enough that you're trying to push buttons with the nationalists on here by making jibes at the importance of Michael Collins' and Éamon De Valera's lives and their accomplishments. And then to say Derry isn't in Ireland, which it 100% is. I don't care where you have served, I despise your kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

derry is on the island of ireland but it is not part of the republic of ireland so therefore the debate is over. They have a different government up there, a different flag, a different currency etc so it might as well be Manchester we are talking about.

This sh**e about nationalist/catholic majority doesn't mean anything. There are more poles living in New York than there are in Warsaw; so i suppose based on that type of thinking New York should be part of Poland.

Listen i like Derry as much as the next person, my aunt (a catholic) lives across from a very rough protestant estate near Altnagelvin. She and her husband are the only catholics in the area and she has seen riots and car burnings on the road near her house. But until Derry or Armagh or Tyrone or Fermanagh or Down or Antrim officially become part of the Republic and are governed by boyz and girlies there in Leinster House, you will just have to accept that Derry and rest are part of the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Leixlip is a bit of a dive tbh

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote:
    This sh**e about nationalist/catholic majority doesn't mean anything. There are more poles living in New York than there are in Warsaw; so i suppose based on that type of thinking New York should be part of Poland.

Not when there's more americans living in New York.

The difference is the people from Derry are Irish, I think they can decide as a majoritive what they want from their city. it's a democracy, something that was taken from us by force.

Derry is apart of Ireland, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a pawn to the imperialist world.

Advertisement