Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brooks Pure Range

• 30-10-2014 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Just in TK Max in Stephen's Green there today and saw various shoes from the brooks pure range. All for €39.99! Some bargain. They were in sizes from around 8 to 10½. They have the connect, flow, cadence and maybe another model too.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone give a summary of what the difference is between all these shoes, never quite clear in my head, they all seem to be minimalist to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

You could ask in TKMax? I'm sure they'd be happy to recommend a shoe that will get you many injury free miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Pure cadence is the stability shoe of the range. Supposed to be an option for people who have been using adrenalines or Ravenna's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Good value if you know exactly what you're looking for, but wouldn't be the place for sound advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a pair of cadence plus a pair of drifts. I'll try the drifts out for short runs, if I don't like them I'll wear them to work! Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Presume these are the originals i.e Pure Cadence 1.0. Current version is 3.0 or 4. If so these are usually on Sportsshoes for around 53.

Good spot though and certainly good value. I was up in Dundrum today but in the end I didn't have time to check TK Maxx. Probably just as well. I've already 7 pairs of running shoes.

They're the series two in TK Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

They're the series two in TK Max.

Great bargains there if you like Brooks.

picked up a pair yesterday. They were lovely , then I ran in them in the park in the wet and muck. Wife says to me when I got in ' throw them old ****ty runners out' -(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Just in TK Max in Stephen's Green there today and saw various shoes from the brooks pure range. All for €39.99! Some bargain. They were in sizes from around 8 to 10½. They have the connect, flow, cadence and maybe another model too.

I got a pair of drift and Flow yesterday in Carrickmines. It did briefly occur to me that the Pink and Black colour of the drift shoes was a little 'unmanly' but the sizes seemed to check out (UK 8.5= EUR 42.5) and they were in the men's section so I though no more about it. Took them for a spin tonight and they felt great.

However a bit of googling reveals they are definitely women's shoes
    http://www.runningtowardtheprize.com/brooks-pure-cadence-vs-brooks-pure-flow-shoes/#.VFftvMlm9to

Oh what to do now? I am conflicted...

menoscemo wrote: »
    I got a pair of drift and Flow yesterday in Carrickmines. It did briefly occur to me that the Pink and Black colour of the drift shoes was a little 'unmanly' but the sizes seemed to check out (UK 8.5= EUR 42.5) and they were in the men's section so I though no more about it. Took them for a spin tonight and they felt great.

However a bit of googling reveals they are definitely women's shoes
    http://www.runningtowardtheprize.com/brooks-pure-cadence-vs-brooks-pure-flow-shoes/#.VFftvMlm9to

Oh what to do now? I am conflicted...

A bit of spray paint in a manly colour like peach or lilac and you're sorted.

• Advertisement

A bit of spray paint in a manly colour like peach or lilac and you're sorted.

:D
    Feck it Didn't Bret the hitman Hart always wear Pink and black, and he was a man's man :pac:

bret-hart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭PaulieC

You'll be grand for the winter, not for long weekend runs though

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

I got 2 pairs of the Drift model in Tralee last week. Nice many colours too.:D

brooks-puredrift-running-shoe-review-2.jpg

There were still other models and sizes left, bigger and smaller. I took them for a longish run on Sunday and after 1h15min or so I developed a hot spot under my right big toe, exactly like it says here. Suppose I should've read the reviews first... :( Any ideas where I could buy some plain insoles or anything else I could do to avoid this issue? Because otherwise I really like these shoes!

inigo wrote: »
    I got 2 pairs of the Drift model in Tralee last week. Nice many colours too.:D

brooks-puredrift-running-shoe-review-2.jpg

There were still other models and sizes left, bigger and smaller. I took them for a longish run on Sunday and after 1h15min or so I developed a hot spot under my right big toe, exactly like it says here. Suppose I should've read the reviews first... :( Any ideas where I could buy some plain insoles or anything else I could do to avoid this issue? Because otherwise I really like these shoes!

Yep, I loved my Orange ones when I took them out for a spin last friday, felt great and I was thinking they will become my new show of choice.
    Unfortunately I have had a couple of sores pots on my calfs since that run (not blisters thankfully). On reading up on them I realise now they are zero drop shoes (I took out the insoles). I am used to running in 6-8mm drop shoes but obviously not 0 drop shoes!!
    Like you I should have read reviews before deciding to put 7 spritely miles in on the first run :pac: I'll look to build up a little slower in them in future.

I have since gone off my pink and black women's pureflow shoes unfortunately :(

Advertisement