Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adidas.ie Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Is it courier or postal delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Is it courier or postal delivery?

According to my order confirmation it has been shipped wtih UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Cheers OP, got 3 pairs of runners for 111euro delivered.
    No way I'd get 2 pairs in store for that price alone!
    Didn't want to be spending but should be me sorted now for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

splurged on these after some post purchasing research I think they may be too narrow for me! o well! they've a decent return policy :)
    wrstan wrote: »
    Picked up a pair myself. Unusually for me it was based on no research. But at €52 it was hard to pass up. They've already left the building according to the mail I've just got, so I'll report back. In the meantime, anyone with any experience of these (sonic boost) I'd love to hear it.

Ta

Got me a pair of these too.

Many thanks to the OP

mine arrived today and yep theyre too narrow :( such a shame they look awesome (red ones!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

mine arrived today and yep theyre too narrow :( such a shame they look awesome (red ones!)

I've ordered a pair of those as well, hope they;re not too tight.

Although going by my experience with UPS over Christmas, they'll probably be here by Easter.

• Advertisement

Technique wrote: »
    I've ordered a pair of those as well, hope they;re not too tight.

Although going by my experience with UPS over Christmas, they'll probably be here by Easter.

ordered mine last thursday, arrived today!

That's too bad, are you going to send 'em back? try and get a bigger size? suffer in the interests of awesomeness?

Mine should be here by tomorrow, by your timing. The anticipation is killing me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Any signs on a review? Was tempted to get the Sonics for the cushioning but can't see reviews anywhere. Got adios 2 in a half size bigger then normal small bit tight but should stretch out

That's too bad, are you going to send 'em back? try and get a bigger size? suffer in the interests of awesomeness?

Mine should be here by tomorrow, by your timing. The anticipation is killing me :D

yea returning them, too long & narrow for my chubby feet! O well I'll enjoy shopping for a new pair at least :)
    damo80 wrote: »
    Any signs on a review? Was tempted to get the Sonics for the cushioning but can't see reviews anywhere. Got adios 2 in a half size bigger then normal small bit tight but should stretch out

I just read the customers reviews from the website

damo80 wrote: »

They seem to be a neutral cushioned shoe, which is why I took the plunge.

• Advertisement

adios 2 arrived. will have to return them as they're too small (so narrow) for me in UK size 9. they are more like an 8.... see that they are rated 9.5 in US size, not 10 (should be a size bigger than uk size e.g. 9 should be 10 in US). what's the return process - can you ask for a revised size or just return for refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

glasso wrote: »
    adios 2 arrived. will have to return them as they're too small (so narrow) for me in UK size 9. they are more like an 8.... see that they are rated 9.5 in US size, not 10 (should be a size bigger than uk size e.g. 9 should be 10 in US). what's the return process - can you ask for a revised size or just return for refund?

$hit, you've got me worried now. Mine arrived at parents' place today, will be going back in two weeks to try em on and pick em up. Fingers crossed. I did have another pair of Adidas to go by though when I was trying to figure the size. My foot is not exactly narrow and not broad. We'll see I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

From memory an Adi UK 10 is 44 2/3 in European sizing, whereas Nike for example is 45. I've always found Adi across the brands run a little smaller, never had a major issue myself as I reckon I'm a 9 3/4 :pac:, so I always fall between 2 stools.

what's the return process - can you ask for a revised size or just return for refund?

yeah can return by it freepost(ups) for a full refund if its not worn and the tags are still attached! You shouldve got three stickers in your package two of which you put on your return box (the other is a receipt). You fill out a tiny form which theyve also provided where you tick a box telling them the reason for returning it. You then ring up UPS (1890 995 500 the number on the adidas website is no longer in service!) and schedule a free collection, pretty handy! all in all your only expense is the original delivery cost

yeah can return by it freepost(ups) for a full refund if its not worn and the tags are still attached! You shouldve got three stickers in your package two of which you put on your return box (the other is a receipt). You fill out a tiny form which theyve also provided where you tick a box telling them the reason for returning it. You then ring up UPS (1890 995 500 the number on the adidas website is no longer in service!) and schedule a free collection, pretty handy! all in all your only expense is the original delivery cost

that's pretty good. not as good as amazon who will actually credit you immediately so you can order something else, even before sending back your original item!

I tried on the adios uk size 9 again and actually the length is ok. it's just that they are quite narrow. I ran up and down the hall a bit and they would be very usable as my feet don't hurt wearing them. I would be afraid that they would split though after not much use!

do you know if it's possible to change the size as opposed to getting refund. maybe I'll just ring them up...

do you know if it's possible to change the size as opposed to getting refund. maybe I'll just ring them up...

not sure man best to ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

that's pretty good. not as good as amazon who will actually credit you immediately so you can order something else, even before sending back your original item!

I tried on the adios uk size 9 again and actually the length is ok. it's just that they are quite narrow. I ran up and down the hall a bit and they would be very usable as my feet don't hurt wearing them. I would be afraid that they would split though after not much use!

Sorry for off topic question but that's amazing customer service by Amazon. What happens if you don't return the item after being immediately credited and ordering something else? I'd say some people don't bother returning the original item

Well I got home to a big white Adidas box today, containing my shiny bright reddy/orange Sonic Booosts! Delivered within the week!
    Nothing would do me but to try them on - they do not go well with pin stripes, that's for sure. :D

In terms of fitting, they are definitely somewhere along that fine line between snug and tight - not much room to swell, but a good length for me, so I decided there was no advantage in another half size. So off to give them a whirl on an EZ 10k, which included a few mucky off road miles, meaning that Adidas is not likely to take them back anytime soon!

I'm not sure that I fell in love with them on the first few strides, but then sometimes the best relationships start that way. I'm thinking of Parkrunning them tomorrow and taking them on an LSR on Sunday, so I guess I'll have a good idea as to whether this relationship is likely to bloom or whither by then.

More Anon!

turniphead wrote: »
    Sorry for off topic question but that's amazing customer service by Amazon. What happens if you don't return the item after being immediately credited and ordering something else? I'd say some people don't bother returning the original item

I don't know but I imagine they will hit your credit card! It is amazing service - they are leagues ahead of the rest in online shopping.

• Advertisement

In terms of fitting, they are definitely somewhere along that fine line between snug and tight - not much room to swell, but a good length for me, so I decided there was no advantage in another half size.

same with the adios that I got. I'll keep them even though there is not much leeway in terms of width. If I return them I won't have the option of getting another pair for the €55 delivered that I got them at. they should be fine and if they do come apart within an unreasonable timeframe (don't think they will) then will complain, send them back and get a refund for not lasting long enough.

More Anon!

I feel this relationship could be developing :rolleyes:. Gave the sonic boosts a good workout today at Marlay Parkrun. Lots of muck and puddles!

They felt pretty good. Not at all tight! I didn't feel conscious of them at all, which is always a good sign.

And at €56 inc. P&P, they knock the socks of the standard €165 that Asics try to get away with!

Got my retina burning orange sonic boosts today. Got half a size bigger than I normally get in running shoes. I've been wearing them around the house and they feel fine, not too tight.

Sent back the Adios as in that size they just weren't going to be comfortable. Will wait for another sale and will probably go for the Hagios if they are available - in at least 1/2 a size up!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

Received sonic boosts last week, went half size up from my other most recent adidas purchase (quite a few miles on these and they are fine, supernova's I think). They felt ok around the house if a bit narrow. Turns out they are too effin narrow as I found out on my first (and only) run in them. Had fairly severe pain after about 2 miles which I am fairly sure is due to my feet being squeezed too much. Bugger.

got the full refund from Adidas (incl the delivery cost) in any case. sounds like a full size up is required for a lot of adidas runners over normal size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

got the full refund from Adidas (incl the delivery cost) in any case. sounds like a full size up is required for a lot of adidas runners over normal size.

Id go up a full size in new balance and Adidas.Haggio much wider than Adios.

Id go up a full size in new balance and Adidas.Haggio much wider than Adios.

have new balance same size as normal (nb00 road) and they were fine. it's just the narrowness of the adios that didn't work. length was fine.

Backstage sale is on again. Follow the details in the original post.

Use the code EXTRA20 to get another 20% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭Duanington

Technique wrote: »
    Backstage sale is on again. Follow the details in the original post.

Use the code EXTRA20 to get another 20% off.

That code doesn't seem to be working today ( although it did yesterday), has it expired? ( thanks for the heads up by the way)

Advertisement