Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SELLING ITEMS ON THIS FORUM - READ THIS FIRST

• 12-02-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

Posters may offer items for sale on this forum, but the following conditions apply -
    • You may only offer items for sale that are athletics/running related
    • You may only offer items for sale it you have at least 25 previous posts on Boards.
    • You may only offer items for sale if you have posted in A/R/T at least one month earlier.
    • Private sales only, no commercial users.
    • No bumping of threads - one opening post, and responses to legitimate queries only. (and no reposting adverts)

Boards.ie accepts no responsibility for any transactions resulting from adverts placed here.

Informative thread titles please - the title should say exactly what you are selling, and that it is for sale. Eg "For sale - Garmin 305 ", "For sale - Size 8 Sketchers Go Runs", "For sale - 10 speed black campagnolo veloce rear derailleur"
    Post edited by RacoonQueen on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Are they all to be collected under this thread (like a mini sub-forum) or are people to open a new thread each time something is for sale?

I won't be doing any product placement in my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

A new thread when you're putting stuff up for sale.

(if someone is selling a bike piece by piece we might take all the "derailleur for sale", "pedals for sale", "wheels for sale" threads and combine them. I don't expect that to happen, but just in case...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I know this sounds really obvious but Could I suggest some simple rules for the thread title

i.e. The thread title must have the term "for sale" and the item name

- Garmin 305 for sale

Vague title threads could get annoying, if you think it is a question about an item and its a for sale thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

What about 'wanted' items threads? e.g I'd be interested in say a footpod for a garmin so I'd put up a 'Wanted - Footpod for Garmin 305', might trigger someone who had one lying around unused to offer it to me for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Gringo78 wrote: »
    What about 'wanted' items threads? e.g I'd be interested in say a footpod for a garmin so I'd put up a 'Wanted - Footpod for Garmin 305', might trigger someone who had one lying around unused to offer it to me for sale.
    I can just picture it:
    Wanted: Entry to Connemarathon Ballycotton Dublin Marathon...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Gringo78 wrote: »

Sure, no problem

Advertisement