Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 New Season 2009/2010

• 20-08-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

It will all be announced today.

However Vincent Browne will be now sponsored by Halifax. (News can't be sponsored can it?) while they are also sponsoring a new business show hosted by Ivan Yeats called Business Matters.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

just after looking through Digiguide for the next two weeks and can't believe the amount of X factor repeats they are showing.

Saturday on TV3 =
    7:00 The X Factor 8:30 The Xtra Factor

Sunday on TV3 =
    3:00 The X Factor (R) 4:30 The Xtra Factor (R)

Friday on 3e =
    9:30 The X Factor (R)(R) 11:00 The Xtra Factor (R)(R)

Saturday on TV3 =
    3:30 The X Factor (R)(R)(R) 5:00 The Xtra Factor (R)(R)(R)

Why the need for a repeat of a show so many times that TV3 don't produce itself - and a show in which Irish viewers can't even vote for.

Apart from that - quite looking forward to the new schedule. Maybe possible announcement about the Deal Or No Deal but that might be ages away. A new car programme called Accelerate I think is there too, and they're going to be the official broadcaster of the Guinness's birthday celebrations in September (whatever that will show is anyone's guess).

And the Apprentice to look forward to aswell (along with itr being repeated probably every day after it's aired on TV3 and 3e. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    just after looking through Digiguide for the next two weeks and can't believe the amount of X factor repeats they are showing.

I am assuming that it is the new season?

I believe they have also produce a drama which is based on Lady Windermere's Fan, a modren take on the classic play now set in South Co. Dublin.

TV3 Launches Autumn Schedule
    TV3 today launched their Autumn Schedule in the Royal College of Physicians in Dublin. The latest schedule, which sees the station aim to broadcast over one third of air time with Irish programming, completes the three year plan to create a new roster of programmes for the Irish channel.

David McRedmond CEO of TV3 commented: "We have stuck to our guns through the recession to deliver what we believe is the best schedule on Irish television. This is thanks to 200 of the hardest-working, most creative people in Irish media who, despite redundancies and pay-cuts, are delivering two channels and an online service, 1900 hours of Irish programmes and a growing share of the market."

The upcoming schedule will be anchored by TV3's daily studio output. ‘Ireland AM’ - will be celebrating its tenth birthday, and also included broadcasting will be ‘The Morning Show with Sybil & Martin’; TV3's recently launched personal advice show ‘Midday’, which will adopt an all-female line-up with regular guests such as Amanda Brunker, Fiona Looney, Jules Fallon and Mary O'Rourke joining Colette Fitzpatrick; the ‘News at 5.30’ with anchor Alan Cantwell; ‘Xposé’ (including new presenter Sean Munsanje) and ‘Tonight with Vincent Browne’.

Airing on our screens on TV3 in the coming months will be the second series of the IFTA winning ‘The Apprentice’ followed by the new ‘The Apprentice: You're Fired’ show hosted by Brendan O'Connor in front of a live audience. Also in the lineup is ‘The Forgotten Irish’, a two-part programme on Irish emigrants in London; Donal MacIntyre's new six-part TV3 series ‘Ireland's Crime Capitals’; ‘Laura Windermere's Bag’, a feature-length drama special which is a contemporary take on Oscar Wilde; the Irish ‘Deal or No Deal’, in association with The National Lottery, presented by magician Keith Barry; TV3's first two-part drama series ‘The Guards’; a weekly business show ‘Business Matters’ fronted by Ivan Yates; a major prime time current affairs show ‘Midweek’ hosted by Colette Fitzpatrick and the return of live ‘UEFA Champions League’ with anchor Matt Cooper.

TV3's production unit, launched last year, will produce over 180 hours of peak time programmes, with new series including ‘Nick's Restaurant’ (the opening of Nick Munier's Dublin venue), ‘Healers’ (the world of alternative therapies) and the return of the award-winning ‘Undercover Ireland’ series.

Also included in the line up will be a series of one-off specials such as ‘The Boyzone Story’, ‘The Westlife Story’, ‘Facing Death’ and ‘Surviving the Recession’.

To maintain TV3's ratings, a select number of acquisitions on Irish TV return: family shows such as ‘The X-Factor’, ‘I'm a Celebrity’ and ‘America's Got Talent’; also returning to the line up will be the Irish filmed series ‘The Tudors’, ‘Fringe’, ‘Coronation St’, ‘Emmerdale’ and ‘All Saints’.

New acquisitions to the TV3 schedule are led by the top shows from the 2009 LA Screenings; ‘V’ (a remake of the classic series); ‘Glee’ (part comedy, part drama, part musical) and the highly praised new US comedy ‘Modern Family’.

TV3's Director of Programming, Ben Frow said, "We know what our viewers like - they like well made, intelligent programming - and this year we have produced a schedule that delivers this in abundance across all genres. We are taking risks with comedy, campaigning with our documentaries, experimenting with new ways to make drama and our entertainment shows are bigger than ever. It has been a fantastic year for TV3. I am proud and confident that this schedule signals a new standard for TV3 and reflects even greater things to come."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

So still no reasons to switch on this awful channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Glee, V and Modern Family are good imports. The Apprentice should be worth a watch and I'll tune in to see what Deal or no Deal will be like, but I'm sure that one will crash and burn.

• Advertisement

Glee, V and Modern Family are good imports. The Apprentice should be worth a watch and I'll tune in to see what Deal or no Deal will be like, but I'm sure that one will crash and burn.

The host of Deal or No Deal is a bit Ironic, oh and it looks like it is going to be a prime time show, why?

Why Brendan O'Connor for "You're Fired?"? Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Dr Sinnott

"TV3's recently launched personal advice show ‘Midday’, which will adopt an all-female line-up with regular guests such as Amanda Brunker, Fiona Looney, Jules Fallon and Mary O'Rourke joining Colette Fitzpatrick"

Suddenly Alan Cantwell doesn't look too bad. Who in their right mind would turn to any of these for 'advice'. Still I suppose if it's a woman having an affair with a married man then Brunker will be the one to have the advice there! Mary O Rourke could dish out advice on share pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Only thing in there for me is Fringe as I don't have Sky. Apart from that not much else.

Only thing in there for me is Fringe as I don't have Sky. Apart from that not much else.

You can say that about most TV. Anything on sky can be found somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Great to hear that there is going to be an Irish version of Deal or No Deal. Also glad that Glee is going to be on. I reckon that show (judging from the pilot ep) is going to be the hit of 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Elmo wrote: »
    You can say that about most TV. Anything on sky can be found somewhere else.

Hence the reason I don't have Sky :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Hope they copy the US format for Deal or no deal

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

iMax wrote: »
    Hope they copy the US format for Deal or no deal
    Nah, they need someone with facial hair.
    Must... resist... temptation.... to... name.... female.... RTÉ... star....uuuuugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

V and Glee are good imports. Deal or no Deal will most likely go in the same direction as the Irish Weakest Link and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Land Of Idiots

TV3's Director of Programming, Ben Frow said, "We know what our viewers like - they like mindless, insipid programming- and this year we have produced a schedule that delivers this in abundance across all genres.

There, fixed. I'm sure that's what he meant to say...

Dman001 wrote: »
    Deal or no Deal will most likely go in the same direction as the Irish Weakest Link and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

It's amazing how people quickly dismiss a show only after it's been named in the autumn schedule. Of course this also happened when they said they were going to produce their own Apprentice - and people slated that before it even aired. Let's just give it a chance when it comes along.

Be interesting though where it's going to fit in the schedule. Only slots at 8 are on Tuesday and Wednesday and then maybe on Sat and Sun - that's if they want to put it out a few times in the week.

It's amazing how people quickly dismiss a show only after it's been named in the autumn schedule. Of course this also happened when they said they were going to produce their own Apprentice - and people slated that before it even aired. Let's just give it a chance when it comes along.

Be interesting though where it's going to fit in the schedule. Only slots at 8 are on Tuesday and Wednesday and then maybe on Sat and Sun - that's if they want to put it out a few times in the week.

Many people slated the apprentice on TV3, I say it is an average show, just as the BBC and the NBC versions, hugely cringeworthy but I love that show :)

As for Deal or No Deal let me slate all versions of that show, all are dreadful. And no matter what a producer does with such a show it remains dreadful.

Monday to Friday 5pm or at the very latest 6:30, it is a day time game show it isn't for prime time.

Deal or no Deal will most likely go in the same direction as the Irish Weakest Link and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

No it will go in the same direction as every other version of Deal or No Deal and be mindless ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The only reason I slated before I have even seen it is because the majority or Irish game shows fail.

The only reason I slated before I have even seen it is because the majority or Irish game shows fail.

There are very few Irish game shows the two you mentioned were quiz shows, and were as good as the UK versions.

Again Deal or No Deal is a terrible, so bad phenomonially bad, nothing to do with being Irish, British, Italian etc its a unless game show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kriskross

I find it hard to believe Brendan O'Connor has gotten
    his own show!
    I wonder why?
    I wonder who had him in mind.
    O'Connor doesn't have any talent, from what I've seen,
    nor is he gifted in the looks department, with a mug only
    a mother could love.
    The chap isn't easy on the eye!

Kriskross wrote: »
    I wonder why?

Shinawhil produced You're a Star hence the connection.

He is no Adrian Childs, I think they should have gone with Aidan Cooney the Irish Adrian Childs IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Will def watch V and Glee

Deal Or No Deal will go out on Friday according the Star. So it probably means that it'll be on at 9pm.

And Bill Cullen on Ireland AM this morning said the Apprentice will go out on the 20th September - meaning that it would go out on a Sunday, or maybe he just got dates wrong and it will go out on Monday like last year.

Collette Fitzpatrick is going to have a busy time of it - Midday at 12, News at 5.30 and Midweek on Wednesday at 9pm.

Although I'd say Alan Cantwell won't be happy with him being dropped from the Midday show in favour of an all female panel.

Nothing said about 3e aswell - so expect more repeats of CSI, Law And Order and Malcolm. Not to mention they're putting XPOSE repeats back at 6.30pm. Didn't they try this already and it they removed it? :confused:

Collette Fitzpatrick is going to have a busy time of it - Midday at 12, News at 5.30 and Midweek on Wednesday at 9pm.

Although I'd say Alan Cantwell won't be happy with him being dropped from the Midday show in favour of an all female panel.

Nothing said about 3e aswell - so expect more repeats of CSI, Law And Order and Malcolm. Not to mention they're putting XPOSE repeats back at 6.30pm. Didn't they try this already and it they removed it? :confused:

Collette has been drop from 5:30 News no need for 2 presenters on that show anyway. Midday = The View(US) or Loose Women.

They should be using 3e as an extra channel, Xfactor extra and You're Fired.

Deal or No Deal in prime time on a Friday night :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

Kriskross wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe Brendan O'Connor has gotten
    his own show!
    I wonder why?
    I wonder who had him in mind.
    O'Connor doesn't have any talent, from what I've seen,
    nor is he gifted in the looks department, with a mug only
    a mother could love.
    The chap isn't easy on the eye!

Come on, he's smart and ballsy. The male Amanda Brunker, with bigger tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mazken

So happy that TV3 are getting in Glee!!! Saw the pilot show in the US and I'm hooked - yippeee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

personal advice show??

Advise

Amanda Brunker (How to write a chic lit novel of your life)
    Fiona Looney (How to be a token female on an all female panel show)
    Jules Fallon (Lets you know who she is, as you prob don't know already)
    Mary O'Rourke (How to skive off work before your lunch break, isn't she a TD?)
    Colette Fitzpatrick (How to present 3 programmes and keep your cool for less money than last year).

They will also be opening the boxes on the hit new TV3 show Deal or No Deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Elmo wrote: »
    It will all be announced today.

However Vincent Browne will be now sponsored by Halifax. (News can't be sponsored can it?) while they are also sponsoring a new business show hosted by Ivan Yeats called Business Matters.

The word is that his show will be renamed "Tonight with Vincent Browne" (which was the name of his RTÉ Radio show and indeed his 98FM show before that) and reclassified from news to current affairs in order to get around this. Where that leaves TV3's news output (which will essentially be down to less than 3 hours a week) I don't know.

Personally I don't believe either news or current affairs should be sponsored. It leaves open too much of a possiblity of editorial interference.

Advertisement