Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Telephone Exchange Locations

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

royan wrote: »
    Anyone have a location for the Glenealy exchange? It seems to have just been enabled for ADSL (rumour confirmed by online checkers) possibly just yesterday when we moved in to our new place there...

James
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/user?uid=118359808684743111028&hl=en&gl=uk

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭royan

Great, thanks. I saw the earlier comment about mapping them all, but there was no followup. Apparently I should be able to get a better rate than I ever did when living in the UK, which is a pleasant surprise.

James

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Would finish the map if anyone replied to my queries :(
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Need to know precisely where these exchanges are , STD code where known

ATHGARVAN Newbridge area kildare 045
    BATTERSTOWN se meath nr dunshaughlin 01
    COLPE CROSS nr Drogheda 041
    CURRAGHEEN tipp limerick cork
    DEEPFORDE drogheda housing estate?
    FOXHOLE youghal ?
    JOHNSTOWN kildare/wicklow 045
    LINSFORT boyle or buncrana roscommon or donegal
    PELLETSTOWN D15/Meath area? 01
    TULLYALLEN 041

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Alun wrote: »

damn, beaten to the punch. :)

i posted that in one of the upgrade threads a month or two ago.

I wonder if the google maps user Bohrio is the same as the boards user Bohrio that I've seen in the broadband forum recently?

This is wandering OT, but I'm loath to start a new thread as it's probably answered somewhere else (though my search-fu fails me today)... Is there a list of which DSL providers are just reselling Eircom's service, and which have their own equipment in exchanges?

• Advertisement

not quite yet :)

most large exchange in big cities have anywhere up to 4 in them , some Dublin exchanges have BT and Homevision and Smart and Magnet as well.

Outside Dublin is usually either or both of BT and Smart in larger towns .

Gorey and Ballinasloe are BT only ( albeit ADSL1 not ADSL2) but Ennis has nobody .

Best simply name exchange and see !

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Best simply name exchange and see !
    Right, well.. Glenealy? I'll bet that as it's only just been ADSL activated there's only Eircom in there.

You've probably seen SamKnows for UK exchange information, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

Anyone know the location of the exchange in Milltownpass, Co. Westmeath. thats if an exchange even exists - I think it must be one of those small exchanges in a cabinet - though any numbers I know on it fail the line checker. I've heard it was to be upgraded..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭brimur69

Sorry for posting in an old thread but does anyone know, exactly, where the DOUGLAS EXCHANGE in Cork is? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

brimur69 wrote: »
    Sorry for posting in an old thread but does anyone know, exactly, where the DOUGLAS EXCHANGE in Cork is? Thanks

51.8757621, -8.4360807

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

Anyone got the details of the dundalk exchange ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Salvation wrote: »
    Anyone got the details of the dundalk exchange ?

54.0011984, -6.4012422

53.970564, -6.3888214 - Dundalk Blackrock

cheers :)

Anyone got the co-ordinates for the exchange in Inniskeen in Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Salvation wrote: »
    Anyone got the co-ordinates for the exchange in Inniskeen in Monaghan
    I'm not sure I trust the google-provided coordinates to the nearest metre but this streetview link (http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Inniskeen&hl=en&ll=54.002658,-6.57797&spn=0.049841,0.154324&sll=53.401034,-8.307638&sspn=6.475044,19.753418&z=13&layer=c&cbll=54.002658,-6.57797&panoid=YuxUL-_pUL67FJlcB48Igw&cbp=12,57.13,,0,-1.73) contains the coordinates just outside the exchange. The shed-like building with two tall poles right behind it, is the exchange. Beside the community centre.

ah yes thanks right beside the national school thanks :-)

Now to find if it is ADSL 2 enabled :)

You can pull 75% of exchange locations out of this old map but because it is eircom data it is crap!

http://handelaar.org/maps/exchanges-4km.php

( use View Source) , copy and paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 philroche

@Sponge Bob Any chance you have the coordinates for the Cootehall (COT) exchange?

philroche wrote: »
    @Sponge Bob Any chance you have the coordinates for the Cootehall (COT) exchange?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39502907/query21Public.html

Tick DSL or non DSL and the exchange area underlay....as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 philroche

Excellent. Thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

It ain't my work. Great piece of mapping though.

The bulk of the location data came from a KMZ that was sent over to me from a tech who had gone back to his home in Poland. I think it was an inhouse job created for a Network Maintenance company. After the KMZ data was cleaned up a tad and then checked someone mapped it in a frankly superb piece of Gmaps integration and with Bing Aerials added for extra visibility.

But my thanks for most of the location data goes to Poland. If anyone wishes to correct or add any elements of it they may PM me any time and I will make sure the database is updated. If anyone wishes to improve on the Gmap integration they are of course welcome.

Dark Fibre MANs BT Aurora and eircom fibre is to be added as an enhanced underlay option in Q1 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aidan765

Can anyone help me find the closest exchange to the maxol petrol station on the castletown road in Dundalk? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Aidan765 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me find the closest exchange to the maxol petrol station on the castletown road in Dundalk? Thanks.
    Depending on exactly where you are on that road or indeed which pole serves your house, you could be served by a small exchange on the Castletown Road or by the main Dundalk exchange near the Marshes shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Anyone know where the Balbriggan exchange is? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Beside the community college on corner of Temple ville & Drogheda St.

BTW #necro

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

ED E wrote: »
    Beside the community college on corner of Temple ville & Drogheda St.

BTW #necro

thanks

Advertisement