Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeptics...what conspiracy theories could you have some faith in?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ThelotusKid

I’m guessing you were brought up in some religious cult – I’m going for Jehovah Witness.

As an adult, (guessing you’re in the mid-thirties) with a woefully underdeveloped emotional cognition, you seek societal acceptance through chameleon-like adaptations, as you wander from group to group looking to get laid, never committing to any particular philosophy, unless, it’s demanded by the particular group (or by a powerful individual within the group).

Quite recently, (within the past 5 years) an event occurred, (most probably the ending of a romantic relationship) that triggered a violent retreat from reality, which, due to your previous impotence, you fiercely defend.

Do you want to hear more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Yes keep going.

Only if you explain the interest in ‘Doom’.

When, where and why – explain.

Only if you explain the interest in ‘Doom’.

When, where and why – explain.

Do you know who DOOM is?

I know you're not in the habit of answering straight questions, and prefer to respond to enquiries with a question of your own, but what is your interest in 'DOOM'?

When, where and why - explain.

And, no, I don't know who 'DOOM' is, apart from being a rapper.

• Advertisement

I know you're not in the habit of answering straight questions, and prefer to respond to enquiries with a question of your own, but what is your interest in 'DOOM'?

When, where and why - explain.

And, no, I don't know who 'DOOM' is, apart from being a rapper.

My interest in DOOM is irrelevant to this thread.

If you want to discuss him, Please do so in the appropriate forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055994547

Now you have yet to address any of my questions. So I would be obliged if you would outline on what points I was 'creamed'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Joe might want to, but the rest of the forum probably doesn't.

Please take this to PM.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

C. Wright Mills called them the power elite, and claimed that 2% of the population controlled 80% of the wealth.
    Or in the case of the USA (richest country in the world etc.) , back in 2005 Bill Gates controlled more wealth than the bottom 40% of the population ( 110,000,000 people )

The whole legal system is full of complicated laws. Not too complicated to be unworkable, but complicated enough so that it's worth rich people hiring lawyers to avoid taxation and the full rigours of the law. Complicated enough so the rest of us who can't afford lawyers get stung.

I was going to post graphs of wealth distribution in the US but there was no point.

Note: Because of their small percentage share of total wealth, both the “4th 20%” value
    (0.2%) and the “Bottom 20%” value (0.1%) are not visible in the “Actual” distribution.

It would be interesting to do the same for Ireland, but take into account wealth flows out of the country / factor in realistic prices for property

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭deem79

This is pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

I think the word the way the word "Conspiracy" is used in the media is a conspiracy to label anyone on who comes up with a different explanation of events the main stream as insane.

Perfect way to silence or marginalise Critics and Skeptics is to say they are "Conspiracy theorists"

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

Belfast wrote: »
    I think the word the way the word "Conspiracy" is used in the media is a conspiracy to label anyone on who comes up with a different explanation of events the main stream as insane.

Perfect way to silence or marginalise Critics and Skeptics is to say they are "Conspiracy theorists"
    No! Surely not? anyone who suggests such a thing must be some kind of loony.
    Rupert Murdoch and Dennis O' Brian both agree on this and sure How could they be wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,339 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bigfoot,
    Seems possible, Just an animal after all,

Advertisement