Knitting - help and advice super thread! - Page 84 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-06-2015, 12:29   #1246
janmaree

I know what it's like to mislay a favourite pattern but I'm having a problem visualising the sleeves as you describe them. You may already be familiar with Patternfish and Elann.com but if not, I find they have great patterns and really useful search options (especially Patternfish). Elann have a good selection of free patterns to download as does the Drops website. If you can find an hour to kill, you may see what you're looking for or at least something close. Good luck!
Advertisement
17-06-2015, 12:34   #1247
wmpdd3

Yep tried all those. I love drops and pebbles, Nordic patterns seem to look the most modern when made up.

I think I'm just going to Wing it.
08-07-2015, 21:57   #1248
janmaree

Bergere de France knitting patterns

I'm about to try one of their patterns for the first time, just waiting for the postman! Has anyone knit any of their patterns before, are they straightforward enough or very complicated? The pattern will be in English but the warning is that it's written in the continental style, whatever that is, and leaves it up to the knitter to interpret. I may be worrying about nothing and I do have a good bit of experience but I'm a little apprehensive. I love the pattern and have bought the wool so there's no turning back! Any tips would be helpful and much appreciated. Thanks folks.
08-07-2015, 23:02   #1249
wmpdd3

The patterns are lovely and quite simple but the results are great. There's usual a diagram which love. Any problems, let us know! Do you have the pattern number? I have the catalogue here.
Thanks from:
09-07-2015, 11:42   #1250
janmaree

Thanks for coming back to me, it's reassuring to hear what you think. I'm used to written patterns and haven't used charts much other than knitting with different colours so you will be more than sick to death of me before long!!!
I can't think where to look for the pattern number so here's a link to the pattern on Deramores. What do you think?

http://ie.deramores.com/crossover-sh...e-sport-429-04
Advertisement
09-07-2015, 17:11   #1251
wmpdd3

This is very simple, all the decreases are outside of the pattern, like in the ditch!

The hardest bit will be getting into the swing of the pattern. DO a swatch!!! Honestly its a great time to get the pattern well planted in your head.

So when you get your pattern, knit a 40 row x 40 st swatch in the pattern. Or 10 sts and rows more than the tension guide.

You can always rip this piece back ad reuse if you run out of wool, like I always do. Make sure your needles are very comfy, you'll know them inimitably by the end of it!

You can get a bergere de france catalogue for free here, loads of inspiration.

http://www.bergeredefrance.co.uk/cus...ce=homebuttons

Last edited by wmpdd3; 09-07-2015 at 17:17.
09-07-2015, 21:04   #1252
janmaree

Thanks so much for the advice, I'm really looking forward to it now, rather than that butterfly feeling! I actually bought everything from their UK site so I've been there already but didn't think of a catalogue. I think I'll get this one under my belt and then take a closer look afterwards, although I've promised myself a project from Brooklyn Tweed next, love their patterns, especially their mens collection. Anyway, fingers xd and wish me luck! Thanks again, you're a star.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion