Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just setup a blog

Options
  • 23-06-2015 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

And i'm stuck for what to write, what would you as a reader like to know about in the Linux world?

How to guides
    reviews
    programming
    servers
    networking

Can you please give me feedback as it will help me with the site.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Anyway on another note fedora 22 is looking really nice had a play around with it since it came out and so far i'm impressed, anyone give it a go yet? It's probably the first release i'll actually use as a daily driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Anyway on another note fedora 22 is looking really nice had a play around with it since it came out and so far i'm impressed, anyone give it a go yet? It's probably the first release i'll actually use as a daily driver.

So now you have the subject for your first blog piece ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

How about the new Linux 4.1 release or the humorous Terminator running Linux 4.1 Thread on Reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yep, Fedora 22 is my pen testing VM on my work laptop. Been a Fedora fan for nearly 5 years now, ever since I joined Red Hat basically.

In terms of blog subjects, first off, you could review Fedora 22, and include any fixes or issues you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

syklops wrote: »
    Yep, Fedora 22 is my pen testing VM on my work laptop. Been a Fedora fan for nearly 5 years now, ever since I joined Red Hat basically.

In terms of blog subjects, first off, you could review Fedora 22, and include any fixes or issues you have.

well heres the blog if you're interested: http://www.sudozen.org/

Very little content yet but i'll work on a fedora22 review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

syklops wrote: »

Currently F21 is the default I'm putting on PC's for people's desks, will probably move to 22 on my own PC in July sometime & if it behaves itself for a few weeks make it the default. Hopefully the kickstart install hasn't changed to keep my life simple!

We've everything from F10 onwards in work as some people just don't want to move as things "just work" for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Research and blog about the availability of Linux through the big-name PC vendors.
    I always thought that they could work harder to push the likes of Ubuntu into the low-end market to establish a base. At the end of the day, people just want Chrome, gmail, facebook and twitface on a laptop, so Linux fits the bill, no?

Advertisement