Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you listen to music?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I felt compelled to vote No. If I listen to music I have to stop what im doing and set up a playlist or something - then I end up listening to the same crap and get bored. Then I click on a youtube video and stop it, and never bother to press continue. And its distracting when I'm trying to type up something. So No...

But do I have a crap ton of music? Yes. If I still had an Xbox I would do nothing but plug tunes into Burnout all day and takedown traffic. But these days its all about CSS and TF2 and I need to keep the channel clear for Team Voice Chat and footsteps or my brain will melt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes. If I still had an Xbox I would do nothing but plug tunes into Burnout all day and takedown traffic. But these days its all about CSS and TF2 and I need to keep the channel clear for Team Voice Chat and footsteps or my brain will melt.

rofl am i supposed to know what that means?

Am I supposed to know what that means? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Overheal wrote: »
    Am I supposed to know what that means? ;)
    Lives in a 2007 film?

Lives in a 2007 film?
    Wait, I know this one.... "John Travolta's Self-Respect"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Music >>>>>>>>>>> TV :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

you're thinking of Leben der Anderen

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    rofl am i supposed to know what that means?
    Although in hindsight the passage you quote has an obscure gamer reference in it every 3rd word, so its understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I don't think it's possible to vote no. Music is everywhere. TV, Radios, Shops, etc.

I voted "no", I have the radio on live streaming Red FM, but it's just for background noise, I don't pay any attention to what's playing, I couldn't name any current bands/singers, I don't buy CDs ... in short I don't "listen" to music, I hear it all the time, but -like someone else said-, that's not listening to it ...

Advertisement