Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei G300 on Three - No Internet!?

• 23-09-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Recently bought a Huawei g300 on Vodafone. It is now unlocked, using an unlock code.

The phone number has been ported to Three and the phone accepts it no problem. Phone functions as before with the exception of no data connection. I have called three but customer service was not very helpful.

Has anybody been in a similar situation with an android phone on Three or any other network?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You need to set up the connection before you can just use the internet. Go into settings and find the APN settings change the APN to 3ireland.ie and make sure everything else is empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 freq modulated

I have tried that but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

I had the same issue, rang three customer service and they gave me the correct settings.
    Am useless with this stuff, so easiest to just ring them.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Recently bought a Huawei g300 on Vodafone. It is now unlocked, using an unlock code.

The phone number has been ported to Three and the phone accepts it no problem. Phone functions as before with the exception of no data connection. I have called three but customer service was not very helpful.

Has anybody been in a similar situation with an android phone on Three or any other network?

Any help appreciated.

Once you get mobile data sorted. Restart you phone and download app fro google play "network" by philipp magelow. Then scroll down and pick "wcdma only"

This should be always on.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shutterclick

I had the same problem with three uk. I thought it was just me. Tired everything but no joy. Customer support were beyond useless. Guy in shop couldn't help either.
    it works fine on both Vodafone and orange so I don't know what the issue is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I had the same problem with three uk. I thought it was just me. Tired everything but no joy. Customer support were beyond useless. Guy in shop couldn't help either.
    it works fine on both Vodafone and orange so I don't know what the issue is.

That is a different situation, to use the 3 network in the UK you have to have a 3G compatible phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Internet / MMS settings for Android devices
    Need settings for your device? These are generic settings that you can tailor to your particular handset!

Name: 3 Ireland
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/bb/HutchKey/
    MMSC: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    MMS Proxy: mms.3ireland.ie
    MMS Port: 8799
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 05
    APN Type: not set

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shutterclick

GarIT wrote: »
    That is a different situation, to use the 3 network in the UK you have to have a 3G compatible phone.

no, that wasn't the problem.
    i eventually got the right settings online and it works fine now on 3 in the north thankfully.

Advertisement