Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

kindle downloads to samsung

• 04-10-2012 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi all

Have books on kindle that I want to download to my Samsung Galaxy Ace. Have done this previously with books that I have bought direct from amazon, but these are books that I downloaded from a flash drive onto my computer and then over to my kindle. The books are prefect on my kindle, but when i synch for new items on my phone which is what I normally do, nothing happens.:confused:
    Am not very techno savvy so any help in laymans terms would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

If you used Calibre to put the books on your Kindle and they are still in your Calibre Library, you can e-mail them to your Kindle account email (eg joebloggs@kindle.com) using the Connect/Share options and then they should show up in your official kindle library when you go into Manage Your Kindle. If you then plug in your Samsung and sync again they should be added. Just worked for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Didn't use calibre,just plugged in my kindle to my computer and dragged and dropped the files from the flash drive directory to my kindle. Tried the email thing anyway,but didn't work, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

The reason books you bought from Amazon are showing up on the kindle and your phone is because they are stored in your Amazon Cloud. The books you physically copied to your kindle from your Flash drive are not in the cloud so your phone cant see them.

Emailing them to your kindle email address (which can be seen in your amazon account information page) will add them to your cloud.

Advertisement