Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Next Three Days

• 17-06-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

I watched this movie last night and couldn't believe how much they ripped off Prison Break; two notable ones were
    Russell Crowe's character put the escape plan drawings and notes on the wall of his house (just like Michael Scofield did in PB) and his wife needed insulin shots just like Scofield in PB as as an excuse to leave his cell.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

lukin wrote: »
    I watched this movie last night and couldn't believe how much they ripped off Prison Break; two notable ones were
    Russell Crowe's character put the escape plan drawings and notes on the wall of his house (just like Michael Scofield did in PB) and his wife needed insulin shots just like Scofield in PB as as an excuse to leave his cell.

still a good film though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

lukin wrote: »

To be honest if your gonna break someone out of prison obviously it's a lot of planning so a wall is a big area to use. Millions of films use walls to plan stuff, prison break wasnt the first.

When i first read your post i read as far as when you said it was so like prison break then logged off and rented the film, just watched it and didnt think it was that like prison break and i was a huge PB fan.

I thought it was a great film.9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Actually to be accurate the film "Next Three days" is based on the french Film "Anything for Her" (2008) which you could say ripped off Prison Break, since they had both had those two scenarios you mentioned. Would recommednd the french one over the americna one, but I found them both to be enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭lukin

I know it was a remake of the French one, I haven't seen it though. I just thought it was a bit of a cheek the way to rob stuff from it so blatantly.

Advertisement