Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viber Megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

@Yenwod-

Hi,

That is indeed an odd issue, We never came across this before.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to specify the link to this page in the approapriate place in the form, for monitoring purposes). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Cheers, will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

Hi, since updating to iOS 7 on an iPhone 5 I get the notifications saying I've a new message but when I go to the inbox there is nothing there.

I can see the content, or the start of it in the notifications but the message won't display in the inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Hi, since updating to iOS 7 on an iPhone 5 I get the notifications saying I've a new message but when I go to the inbox there is nothing there.

I can see the content, or the start of it in the notifications but the message won't display in the inbox

Are you sure it's from Viber ? Did you check all recent threads ? The top most thread ? Viber doesn't itself have an 'inbox'.

Yep, it was definitely viber.

It appears to only happen when I'm on the wifi connection in the canteen as there is no coverage in there.

• Advertisement

It is known that sometimes (see earlier in this thread) an alert shows and when you go to Viber it can take up to 5 seconds for the message to appear in the conversation thread. Have you gone back and checked if it arrived 'late' ?

Yeah that has happened me before.

This was not like that, I closed the app and re-opened and it still didn't show. It's working away on the network ok, may have been a glitch on the Wifi side of things..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

As far as I know, the delayed appearance of the message is a persistent issue with Viber and had been highlighted before without any real solution. In your case, might reinstalling Viber solve the issue?

...and a hard restart..

My nephew wants to download Viber to his old iPhone 3G, running iOS 4.2.1

Apple says he can now download earlier versions of apps.

Is Viber going to offer this service ? We tried to download an older version but were not given an option to do so :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Will someone receive a Viber message, if they dont have my number, but I have theirs?

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Will someone receive a Viber message, if they dont have my number, but I have theirs?

So you are not on their contact list ? Get them to add your number to their Phone contact list first. Then Viber will alert them you have arrived on Viber and you can message.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 emmaryan17

Meteor have an APP called ChatR that let's you send free messages to anyone even if they are not in your contacts list. It's free to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone else having Viber issues?

I'm having trouble sending messages for the last days or so. Few others said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

There was a problem with servers over the last few days but yesterday they posted on Facebook saying it should return to normal over the coming days.

Viber help people used to offer help on this thread but they seems to have pulled out. Nothing for > month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Does anyone know if there's a way to stop photos sent to me on Viber getting saved into my photos?

Synode wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a way to stop photos sent to me on Viber getting saved into my photos?

Did you try looking at the settings ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yes nothing there

Synode wrote: »
    Yes nothing there

There is. Look again. The very FIRST item in the settings is "Save to Gallery ... ON/OFF" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Fantastic job, yet again Viber! Congratulations with v4.0!

You guys are crossing things off my Viber wishlist with every update!
    - Images received get auto saved to library, not sure whether this is a good thing or bad, IMO would've preferred if they were not auto saved and there was an option instead to "Save to Library" in the "Send by Email", "Share on Facebook", etc... menu. But this might be done to save space on the server and keep pictures locally, I guess? Peer-to-Peer instead of the cloud.

- Also images are sent in lower resolution with no EXIF data, they need to be original(give a choice like when sending a picture though email iOS) and containt EXIF data(again, choice) and there is no pinch zooming images when you view them in Viber.

- Would've been nice if we could share not only our location but any location and address, much like with sending pictures... should be embedded into that menu. Maybe I want to send a person the location of the shop I was in yesterday.

- Video calls.

- Call recording.

- Cheap/competitive VoIP calls to mobiles/landlines service, with top ups, balance check, call history, etc... This would be great, forfone does it, I hope Viber will too cause, I'd love to use one application for all VoIP stuff.

- Audio notes in messages would be great, if a person is not picking up, send an audio clip like in WhatsApp.

- PC Application(and don't make it look like an iPhone like Tango did, it looks stupid! Use the native Windows UI).

- The PC and mobile apps need sync. If I delete a message on the phone, it should be deleted on the PC as well, and visa-versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

can you disable viber sending notifications to your contacts that you have viber installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

Viber keeps disconnecting on me for some reason?? not during calls, i just use it for texting... what's going on?? it happened a few days ago and then stopped and now it's happening again, i reinstalled it and updated my phone!

at the top of the screen it says: Disconnected, calls and messages are unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Same here i gave up using it as my main messaging app as its always saying connecting or disconnected and it only happens for messages , I tried everything to get it working and its still the same some days its fine others it impossible to send messages seems to be only happening since the new update a while back. Seems fine on my Sony phone though only my iOS devices seem to be having this problem

Viber did have some kind of outage a few weeks ago ... I wonder if it is a repeat. No problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

maybe it's just to do with ios then cos my friends aren't having trouble as far as i know!! so annoying tho! was always a great app for messages!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

True it seems to be a issue with iOS devices and vibers server works fine on my Android and my familys Androids too hope they fix it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

jay93 wrote: »
    Same here i gave up using it as my main messaging app as its always saying connecting or disconnected and it only happens for messages , I tried everything to get it working and its still the same some days its fine others it impossible to send messages seems to be only happening since the new update a while back. Seems fine on my Sony phone though only my iOS devices seem to be having this problem

I have had that with my galaxy s4 so it has happened with some Android as well as ios. Get the same errors. Unistalled and reinstalled. I also have error that says none of my contacts have Viber. Only way I can get Viber to recognise my Viber contacts is if they send me a message. Even then they don't appear in my phone book.

True it seems to be a issue with iOS devices and vibers server works fine on my Android and my familys Androids too hope they fix it soon.

Did you do a hard reset ? you didn't mention if you did.

• Advertisement

I use it fifty times a day and apart from a day or two I have never encountered anything like that in 15 months usage. Did you do a hard reset ?

Advertisement