Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

what do you do if you are expected to organise a catholic funeral?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Look, I've been honest here. If that gets me into trouble or results in a ban, then fair enough. I'm not up to anything sinister. I stopped using my first account because the posts I had previously submitted didn't reflect where I then was in my life. I stopped using my second account because I encountered a bit too much of the type of attitude thrown at me by ColmDawson. I don't think there's anything wrong with breaking from old accounts/opinions. I've never used two accounts at the same time.
    I/we in A&A don't really give a darn about your accounts. Would just prefer if people didn't make unexplained remarks about the forum. If the forum isn't to your liking, leave, or stick around and make it better. I'd hope you choose the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Dades wrote: »
    Would just prefer if people didn't make unexplained remarks

I offered the primary reason why I said what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I offered the primary reason why I said what I did.
    He was just explaining his initial reaction (before your explanation) and general position as a moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

silverharp,
    With all due respect, are you an atheist? If so, fair enough. If you have a morale problem with the "circus," then recuse yourself. Exit stage right. I would prefer to have my funeral overseen by someone a little more respectful than yourself.

If you are an atheist, then aren't you neutral on Religion? If so, then take a neutral stance.

It sounds as if you are anti-Religious from your post.

IMHO, the wishes of the parent(s) should be respected. If you cannot do so, then man/woman up and recuse yourself.

I am sure that Mom or Dad never once had to swallow their pride or beliefs when it came to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

If you havent already, for Good practical advice check out http://www.rip.ie/

A friend of mine (agnostic) whose mum recently passed away said that he found the structure / proceduralisation of Catholic funerals to be a helpful relief. i.e. There was 10 steps that needed to happen and you know what each steps is... (funeral directors play a big part too). There was no running around wondering "WTF do I do now?!?". I believe Dawkins himself said he didnt mind being buried and he didnt have any issues with funerals as it gives an opprotunity to grieve, reflect and move on.

Take Care
    Muppet Man.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    icon4.gif

MOD EDIT

-- Completely disproportionate abusive reaction snipped --

RoverJames taking a ban.

I am very surprised to see the entire post was edited, what was deemed abusive I have no issue with being removed but removing the body of the post is a tad strange. Perhaps the facts that disagreed with the rubbish posted earlier in the thread isn't what ye wanted to read in here. I will be posting no longer in this forum as there is no point. I would like the body of my post to be put back though, no doubt it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Bernard Manning's son asked him that when he died would he like to be buried or cremated....Bernard Manning replied..."I don't know son surprise me":rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,920 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've said it before, and i'll say it again; when i die, i want my body to be dropped from 20,000ft, naked and smeared in lard, onto kevin myers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I am very surprised to see the entire post was edited, what was deemed abusive I have no issue with being removed but removing the body of the post is a tad strange.
    Dades may not have found anything worth keeping in your original post.
    Perhaps the facts that disagreed with the rubbish posted earlier in the thread isn't what ye wanted to read in here.
    In case you didn't realize, you were banned for referring, within the space of three sentences, to another post as "utter bollocks" and another poster as "narrow-minded", "bigotted" (sp) and a fucktard.
    I will be posting no longer in this forum [...]
    Can't imagine anybody will be too worried.

The best of luck elsewhere.

robindch wrote: »
    In case you didn't realize, you were banned for referring, within the space of three sentences, to another post as "utter bollocks" and another poster as "narrow-minded", "bigotted" (sp) and a fucktard.Can't imagine anybody will be too worried.

The best of luck elsewhere.

Remove the three points above and the narrow minded, bigotted f tard may have learnt something ;) The fact the rest of the post must of bothered ye so much puts a wry grin on my face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The fact the rest of the post must of bothered ye so much puts a wry grin on my face.
    It bothered nobody, since quite a few few other posters said exactly the same thing, but without insulting anybody.

As above, I imagine that Dades simply couldn't be bothered to spend the time to rewrite your post for you so that it didn't contain any offensive language.

Advertisement