Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Prison Break: The Final Break Movie on SKY 1

• 15-05-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Sky1 has secured the world premiere of two special Prison Break episodes billed as a movie.

The channel will air the two-hour series finale on Tuesday, May 19, during which a major character is said to be killed off. The final scenes will flash forward four years into the future, revealing which character meets their maker.

The following week, Sky1 will air the exclusive world premiere of another two-hour special, Prison Break: The Final Break, which will fill in the gap between the present day and the four-year flash forward.

The series finale of Prison Break airs on Sky1 on Tuesday, May 19 at 10pm. Prison Break: The Final Break can be seen on Sky1 on Wednesday, May 27 at 10pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

JP Liz wrote: »
    Sky1 has secured the world premiere of two special Prison Break episodes billed as a movie.

The channel will air the two-hour series finale on Tuesday, May 19, during which a major character is said to be killed off. The final scenes will flash forward four years into the future, revealing which character meets their maker.

The following week, Sky1 will air the exclusive world premiere of another two-hour special, Prison Break: The Final Break, which will fill in the gap between the present day and the four-year flash forward.

The series finale of Prison Break airs on Sky1 on Tuesday, May 19 at 10pm. Prison Break: The Final Break can be seen on Sky1 on Wednesday, May 27 at 10pm

Interesting news for sure but tbh, i would question Skys decision to air it on that particular date. Thats the same day as the champions league final for gods sake and the final will only just have ended!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

And you can bet your life they will advertise the **** out of Prison Break during the Champions League ad breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

I wonder why it has moved from it's regular Tuesday night slot to Wednesday for this one off showing? Are Sky 1 starting a new series of something for Tuesday nights right after PB finishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Prison Break is a guilty pleasure of mine these days. Its completely f%^&ing ridiculous, far fetched, and nothing to do with prisons any more, but I can't get enough of it. I'll miss it when its finished.

Didn't realise the Final Break was on in May (I had heard June). Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Mr E wrote: »
    Prison Break is a guilty pleasure of mine these days. Its completely f%^&ing ridiculous, far fetched, and nothing to do with prisons any more, but I can't get enough of it. I'll miss it when its finished.

Didn't realise the Final Break was on in May (I had heard June). Great news.

Well, it's always been ridiculous and far-fetched, with the original premise having a man tatoo escape plans onto his body in code to break his brother out of prison who was framed for murdering the brother of the vice-president.

It's just that it was so tight and compelling in those first two years. Personally I thought season 3 was a good series, if anything helped by the fact the writers didn't have to draw it out for a complete season.

The season 4 premiere, with its complete and unelegant re-arranging of the deck chairs will remain an afront to the series and it's only in these last few episodes that the series has started to fully get over the aftershocks of that trainwreck for me. But again, like you, I've still found this season entertaining and one of the few shows I watched end-to-end this season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Oh F...k, I will be away on the 27th, hope I can watch it after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Mr.S wrote: »
    Whats the point of a standalone movie?

Why coundn't they just include the 2 epps into the normal show?

Money.

It is a add-on to the series that would not have exsisted had the series not been ending this season, and it's premsie is very much seperated from the series proper, so you can make that case if you want.
    And if this is true we're getting it almost like a normal episode anyway so it doesn't really matter.

http://sky1.sky.com/prison-break-sneak-peek-pics-from-the-new-episode
    THE FINAL BREAK: 2 HOUR MOVIE AIRS TUESDAY AT 10PM

I'm genuinely confused at this stage! Which is it next tuesday or next wednesday? I do hope its next tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wednesday. Predator 2 is on Tuesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

have theese people never heard of less being more , weve seen how things ended for all concerned , why not leave well enough alone , sometimes we dont need to be hit in the face with details , sometimes we perfer a more nuanced approach where you fill in the gaps yourself

this being FOX of course , they over milk every cow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Heat mag says tues 10pm with predator on wed. Why wud they change the day of it anyway. Sorry to see its finished. Was hooked

Zonda999 wrote: »
    http://sky1.sky.com/prison-break-sneak-peek-pics-from-the-new-episode

I'm genuinely confused at this stage! Which is it next tuesday or next wednesday? I do hope its next tuesday

They're after fixing it, it is Wednesday night at 10PM after all.

Meh, better than having to buy it on DVD i guess:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

greenman09 wrote: »
    Sorry to see its finished. Was hooked

I was hooked on the blasted thing too. Completely ridiculous, far fetched, annoying, stupid rubbish that it was.

I'll miss it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

taken from imbd http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1131748/plotsummary
    woman, framed by a secretive government agency known as the Company, is sent to a Panamanian prison to serve a life sentence. Once behind bars, the same organization contacts her with personal information that causes her to hatch an escape plan

or another synopsis http://videoeta.com/movie/115047
    The federal government can’t touch Michael Scofield, so they’re going after the woman he loves. When Sara is arrested for murder, only Michael can rescue her — and their unborn child — from an impenetrable women’s prison. With a price on Sara’s head and time running out, Michael must rely on his deadliest enemies to help attempt the most daring breakout ever. Combining white-knuckle intensity with jaw-dropping action and suspense, this is Prison Break like it’s never been seen before.

this seems a little too much to me, i mean
    didn't sara not get a full pardon too at that meeting, so would sh enot have been pardoned for the murder.
    it doesn't make that much sense to me, but sure we'll find out next week i guess

other spoilers here http://www.prisonbreakbuff.com/2009/04/13/prison-break-the-final-break-movie/
    in the series finale they did not bring down the company. they simply stole scylla and killed the general

in the final break dvd, a lot of things happen. you find out that the company did not actually treat his tumor, rather they simply removed a part of it to remove symptoms and then they would cure him later depending if he worked for them or not. scofield gets help from his “enemies” whomever they may be to break sara out of prison and in return he has to help those same people bring down the company. they also get the doctors from the company to perform surgery on him to cure him. scofield has to “fake” his death so that his loved ones are protected from any sort of revenge. thus when all the characters go to his grave they’re not really mourning his death rather they are celebrating the day that the company finally toppled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭lukin

From the last bit of dade's spoiler it looks like
    the grave scene in the last ep was just put in to make people watch the two hour special to see if Michael really is dead.
    Btw, I think Israeli TV has the world premiere of the movie tonight so I'd better get on to the cousins in Tel Aviv to tape it for me.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Make sure they get the subtitled version. :D

The cousins in Tel Aviv came through for me. I shall watch it later. :D

Discussion is now here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement