Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

US/UK/IE: 4x21 - "Rate Of Exchange" AND 4x22 -"Killing Your Number" [SPOILERS WI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 troy3:16

I really really like the ending. I thought it was good doing the 4 years later thing!!! People are complaining about not having the "happy ending" and all but we dont always want happy endings. We seen the general get what he deserves so taht was good but i had a feeling Michael might die......if its going to end forever then have the lead character die!

Then again he mightnt be dead, we have to wait and see!! Liked the way Linc had the paper swan thing, that was a class touch!

C-note return was completely pointless........................he wasnt much of a character to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭lukin

Mr.S wrote: »
    Double eppisode next week to fill in the 4 year later gap.

Yes but technically I am correct as the two remaining eps are not a continuation of the last ep, they are filling in the gap in the "four years later" bit in the last ep.
    Seems a bit pointless, why bother explaining how Michael died, they should leave it a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Paddy C wrote: »
    Just found out the name of the song used at the end.

Lay It Down Slow by Spiritualized

Will be downloading that later on!

Nice tune alright. Very suited to that final bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

I wonder where the picture of the wedding scene came from in that YouTube video? Unless of course it is featured in the 'movie'...

That version of the song sounds different though, I'd prefer the version they used in the actual show, I wonder where I could find it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Good question actually, didnt notice that earlier. I guess it must be in the movie. We really are gettin lucky being able to see the movie next wednesday on Sky1. DVD/BD only in the US and it isnt even released till the 15th of June!

Dont know where'd you'd find the version you're looking for(Didnt notice any difference myself). I guess you could try one of PB's dedicated forum sites, like here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

troy3:16 wrote: »
    C-note return was completely pointless........................

he never asked Kellerman about him when asking if Sucre and Mahone and the others would be exonerated. and he come back to help them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I quite enjoyed the ending, especially seeing the General getting what he deserved. So glad Alex survived, it would've annoying if they'd killed him off.

I spend most of the time hoping that someone would kill Christina, she was kinda pointless. Did the fact that she was Michael's mother really matter at any stage? Aside from her being able to see when he was lying, her role could've been filled by any of rogue Company operative.

Self had a nasty enough fate, but his betrayal earlier caused many problems, so I guess it was fitting. The two hour special seems unneccessary, but I'll watch it anyway. Fox are kinda shooting themselves in the foot in the US, no one will care by the time the DVD comes out!

A decent ending. I really enjoyed it.

I hope the special shows the gang (or some of them) visiting Bellick's mother and Michael finding Westmoreland's daughter, though she probably died already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭fletch

All I can say is THANK GOD its over!

fletch wrote: »
    All I can say is THANK GOD its over!

explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Clawfeld

For me, prison break will always be the first two series. They should have left it at that (the way it was intended) and then maybe done spin offs...but that's another debate.

As an ending, I was happy with it.
    T-bag got what he deserved... The general in the chair was clever. There was no sign of LJ though?? Lincon, Mahone, Fernando, and C-Note all were free which was good.

It was a bit convenient that Kellerman arrived in the last two eps...they could have started that storyline an ep or two beforehand and kept his identity hidden until these last two eps.

Glad it is over before they completely ruin the show. This series had its good and bad shows, at least it was better than the 3rd series.

Clawfeld wrote: »
    For me, prison break will always be the first two series. They should have left it at that (the way it was intended)

There was no sign of LJ though??

actually the creator only expected one season at the most, but I do agree that seasons 3 and 4 were not a patch on the first two

Linc did mention LJ in the final moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I loved the ending. I may blaspheme and say its up there with 6 Feet Under as a classic series ending. The 4 years later segment was so well done, and the last scene was incredibly touching. Pretty much everyone (apart from Michael) got what they deserve.

I'll be interested to see what they do with the movie. I think there is more to Michael's death than meets the eye (just because we saw the nosebleed, and then the gravestone, I think its classic misdirection). We know he doesn't want to run any more, so he might have faked his death.

i thought it was a superb ending aswell , while t-bag is back where he started , hes still in charge of his own little fiefedom in jail , hes a boss in there

i think it was really well done the way mahone while clearly in touch with his wife has had to make a new start with someone else , his former fbi colleague

the general getting fried was poetic justice , btw , what did he say before the switich was hit , was it something in latin
    kellerman becoming a congressman , well i think that makes sense too , most politicians are dirty and many have a past , hes a good guy now but hes still a bad guy at heart so he belongs in washington
    i knew they were going to michaels grave at the end and i think its fitting that such a selfless hero to all died

however , i am disgusted that they would now show another two eppsiodes so as to explain what happend in the 4 year intrim period , i realise this is FOX but do they not know when a cow is over milked , have they no comprehension of the word nuanched , why couldnt they just leave well enough alone , sometimes its better to let the audience fill in the gaps

all in all a great ending ( if you pretend thier is no more to come ) to a series which in its early days was a classic and which ended up a very good tv show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I'm looking forward to the remake in 20 years time :D

What was the story with the book the prisoner was reading in the end? Why was T-Bag so offended by it? I didn't get a chance to see the name of it, so just wondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

gscully wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the remake in 20 years time :D

What was the story with the book the prisoner was reading in the end? Why was T-Bag so offended by it? I didn't get a chance to see the name of it, so just wondering...

It was a GATE book. Ignoring the fact that it was ridiculous that a fox river inmate would be reading a GATE book in the 1st place, it was still a nice scene as we all saw how T-Bag loved his job in there, and quite happily would of lived his life like that getting a second chance at life. He got annoyed cause he didn't want to be reminded of what he once had.

As for the person who asked for what the general said. he said "semper paratus" which is Latin. In English it means "always ready". He was ready to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

explain

I'm guessing he's referring to the fact that it should have ended 3 years ago, or to be fair, 2 years ago, since season 2 was actually still quite good (Holly Vallance aside).
    actually the creator only expected one season at the most,

It was a stop gap for Fox before 24 started in the new year, and had only 13 episodes scheduled. When it became a huge success, they added to it. I think it was originally supposed to end at what became the mid-season break, when they all got to the pipe under the medical lab, only to find that it had been replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

jor el wrote: »
    I'm guessing he's referring to the fact that it should have ended 3 years ago, or to be fair, 2 years ago, since season 2 was actually still quite good (Holly Vallance aside).

I take exception to that!

33247_H_Valance_PrisonBreak02hd_DL_122_197lo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭lukin

A decent ending. I really enjoyed it.

I hope the special shows the gang (or some of them) visiting Bellick's mother and Michael finding Westmoreland's daughter, though she probably died already

I hope the special shows the gang getting back the 5 million!It always irked me that
    Mr. Kim kicked it in the river like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

Unearthly wrote: »
    It was a GATE book. Ignoring the fact that it was ridiculous that a fox river inmate would be reading a GATE book in the 1st place, it was still a nice scene as we all saw how T-Bag loved his job in there, and quite happily would of lived his life like that getting a second chance at life. He got annoyed cause he didn't want to be reminded of what he once had.

it wasn't just that it was a gate book, teh quote that guy read out was T-Bags words. he had used them when he had to give some presentation to the boss at gate. so apart from it cutting close to the bone because he was free and respected it being his own words from teh time must have just rubbed salt into it.

kinda fitting to see hoim back in fox river. but it would have been nice to see him being teh bitch this time.

I thought it very strange that Michael died. but then they gave it away with teh nose bleed. Maybe he searches for a cure in the 4 year period. what was teh significance of teh swan again through teh show, was it freedom? maybe that's why linc put it there. he tried to be free of his illness and it killed him or something.

also when sarah was in teh market getting flowers the camera seemed to zoom in on a scar on her back. was that always there? maybe it a link into the 4 years, how she got it may be covered.

thought kellerman was a waste, great character to start with but it just tied things up too nice, and c-note was a waste. but maybe they brought him in because sucre wouldn't have teh guts to beat down on someone.

also just coz teh general is dead it doesn't mean teh company is not still going. likewise michaels mother being dead, i find it hard to believe that she only had a few goons and left no one at home holding teh fort for them. maybe that's the theme of teh last show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

dade wrote: »
    I thought it very strange that Michael died. but then they gave it away with teh nose bleed. Maybe he searches for a cure in the 4 year period.
    Remember, Michael died in November 2005, 8 months after being put into Fox River. The entire show (seasons 1-4) all take place over an 8 month period.
    also when sarah was in teh market getting flowers the camera seemed to zoom in on a scar on her back. was that always there? maybe it a link into the 4 years, how she got it may be covered.
    Didn't Gretchen do this to her earlier in the season? Or it was one of the scars she got from The Company holding her and beating her along with LJ in Season 3?

• Advertisement

Remember, Michael died in November 2005, 8 months after being put into Fox River. The entire show (seasons 1-4) all take place over an 8 month period.
    not sure i follow you. i thought they mentioned being on the run for years in some of the last episodes.
    Didn't Gretchen do this to her earlier in the season? Or it was one of the scars she got from The Company holding her and beating her along with LJ in Season 3?
    not sure about scars from gretchen. were they not smaller ones from being whipped etc?
    this one was on her right shoulder and the camera seemed to zoom in on it a bit when she was buying flowers in the last scenes whith Michael Jr. I don't recall it before that's why i mention it. or maybe it's teh whole "some wounds do not heal" symbolism.

Unearthly wrote: »
    It was a GATE book. Ignoring the fact that it was ridiculous that a fox river inmate would be reading a GATE book in the 1st place....

wasn't GATE in the motivation business - personal and commercial?

I think the others are corrrect - it was a scar given to her by Gretchen.

that mean's he doesn't get to see Michael Jnr.:(
    not sure i follow you. i thought they mentioned being on the run for years in some of the last episodes.

no, it was over the course of of a few months.
    Michael committed his "crime" on the 9th of March 2005 and began his sentence on the 11th of April (one month before Linc's execution on May 11th aka season 1's mid season break or there abouts).
    the rest of the series takes place over the next few weeks or months and the tombstone does indeed have November 4th 2005 on it.

no, it was over the course of of a few months.
    Michael committed his "crime" on the 9th of March 2005 and began his sentence on the 11th of April (one month before Linc's execution on May 11th aka season 1's mid season break or there abouts).
    the rest of the series takes place over the next few weeks or months and the tombstone does indeed have November 4th 2005 on it.

ok can't for teh life of me remeber where i got 5 years from.

it is unfortunite if he does die after all he did for everyone else. still it does end it all there. course there's always room for the gap between panama and LA where they link up with self if they wanted to bring out a new season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Crow71

I thought it was a fantastic final episode for a fantastic show. I was kinda pissed with michael dying as he did so much to save everyone and then died himself. Also i thought it was nice to see c-note back for old times sake

I think the others are corrrect - it was a scar given to her by Gretchen.

i guess we know where that scar came from after all LOL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clareman wrote: »
    Good finish, I always thought ending a TV series must be 1 of the hardest things you can do and it why it always seems rushed, most series are rushed at the end (Seinfeld, Friends, Firefly), but just be glad they didn't do a Sopranos on us and just end :)

Actually, just thought of the worst ending possible, Sarah gets put into jail with Gretchin, they are in the same cell, they are getting on really well, they start to get down to business, cut to black "Don't stop, beleeeevin'"

I thought we were getting close to it in the special (using Bond's pic :))
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    Indeed. It was all really pointless. Michael died the hero sacrificing himself so that Sara and his son could escape.

The only redeeming aspect of it:
    2sae4nt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I enjoyed these episodes, and I am glad that they finished the series off on a high. As already mentioned I felt PB was Season 1 and 2, whereas 3 and 4 were just Fox milking something special for everything that it is worth. I stayed loyal to the show throughout S3 but by the first few epsiodes of S4, I gave up on the ridiculousness of it all. However, the writers can give themselves a pat on the back for the series finale. The only thing I didn't like was that when they showed Michael's video recording, they didn't ask too much of Dominic Purcell. I think if he had breaken down during the video that would have made the last scene perfect and all the more powerful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I enjoyed these episodes, and I am glad that they finished the series off on a high. As already mentioned I felt PB was Season 1 and 2, whereas 3 and 4 were just Fox milking something special for everything that it is worth. I stayed loyal to the show throughout S3 but by the first few epsiodes of S4, I gave up on the ridiculousness of it all. However, the writers can give themselves a pat on the back for the series finale. The only thing I didn't like was that when they showed Michael's video recording, they didn't ask too much of Dominic Purcell. I think if he had breaken down during the video that would have made the last scene perfect and all the more powerful.

that would have required something called acting ability from dominic purcell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

irish_bob wrote: »
    that would have required something called acting ability from dominic purcell

:pac:

I knew it was too much to ask.

Advertisement