Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

US/UK/IE: 4x21 - "Rate Of Exchange" AND 4x22 -"Killing Your Number" [SPOILERS WI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

How come Ethan was able to question Mahone and Sucre
    Didnt Charlie kill him :P

If they cut off the second part of the third season and the first half of the fourth I would say PB would have been one of the best shows of all time but I just think it was ruined by that dragging out the writers did. Dont get me wrong - its still top class 9/10 but it had scope to become legendary!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/prison-break-bo.html

here one of the writers oe whatever explains why they done things,

and also admits to squezeeing every drop of juice out of the show, so at least hes honest.

they should have had 4 seasons of 13 or 14 epsiodes, first 2 series should have been the breakout of fox river, and the second 2 on the run, and then wrap it up with them clearing there names, and that stupid president whore comeing clean, or just have michael die and eveything works out cause michael didnt screw it up.

i liked the ending it was well done, i gave it and 8, just the whole the general has sylla, then christina has it, then michael has it agian, then mahone has it, christina gets it again, she gets shot, michael gets it back again, then some dude, who has no proof of being from the un takes it,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Mr.S wrote: »
    (Also, who was that girl at the end who spat in his face?)
    Kellerman's partner from season 1, Danny Hale. His wife. Kellerman executed him after he agreed to help Veronica and rat out the conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

the ending was great. t-bag back in fox river, and the overhead shot was cool.
    mahone shacked up with his old fbi partner was :eek:
    the son getting a tattoo was a class touch.
    like the rest of ye, i'm presuming that michael died from whatever was causing the nose bleeds.
    linc and the oragami swan :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

JP Liz wrote: »
    The end is near :(

Thankfully! I'd gladly watch S1 again but wouldn't touch the rest of the series ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

For me, I think the proper end of Prison Break was the end of Season 2 where Micheal and Sara killed the chinese dude and were gonna start a new life together so I don't really see this as a proper ending but anyway...

Just don't get why they killed Micheal! :confused: I would have much preferred if they had killed Lincoln, as he was a bumbling idiot that deserved to die a lot more than Micheal! I know they didn't want a happy ending but surely killing his brother would have made more sense?:confused:

I liked all the throwbacks to Season 1, really glad to see T bag back where he belongs. Also good to see Mahone being happy, and the bit at the end with the paper swan was very well done.

IMO it should have ended sooner but all in all a good series finale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I haven't watched the first 3 seasons but got addicted to it when my housemates started watching season 4. Of course, I was confused by the appearances of old characters, but I must admit I had a tough time holding back the tears for the last few scenes. I felt bad for Self, but poor Michael :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

don ramo wrote: »
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/prison-break-bo.html

here one of the writers oe whatever explains why they done things,

and also admits to squezeeing every drop of juice out of the show, so at least hes honest.

they should have had 4 seasons of 13 or 14 epsiodes, first 2 series should have been the breakout of fox river, and the second 2 on the run, and then wrap it up with them clearing there names, and that stupid president whore comeing clean, or just have michael die and eveything works out cause michael didnt screw it up.

i liked the ending it was well done, i gave it and 8, just the whole the general has sylla, then christina has it, then michael has it agian, then mahone has it, christina gets it again, she gets shot, michael gets it back again, then some dude, who has no proof of being from the un takes it,

Yeah, this would have been better.
    In watching some HBO shows and the shorter seasons of lost I think the 22-24 episode model that US tv shows have causes a lot of problems. It's just too long for 1 hour drama/action based shows and it ends up meaning either lots of filler episodes or overdoing something and plain running out of creative ideas.
    I think it would be better if you just had a block of shows from September- December and then another block from January-May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Great ending, the "Four Years Later" segment was very well done, although killing off Michael was a bit of a sickener. He saved everyone else but he couldn't save himself.

Everyone else got what they deserved, although Self's fate was cruel. Good to see that the General didn't get away either.

Funny to see the return of T-Bag's pocket as well. Letting him go free would have been a let-down.

No sign of Gretchen in this or any clue to her fate. This could mean she'll be back for the next two episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

I loved the way they ended up opening the surf shop. Blast from the first season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought it was a fairly bland affair, all in all. In the first of the two episodes, the fake split between Michael and Mahone was as obvious as anything that's ever been done in PB. Why did Mahone go outside to make the call to Christine if he was working with Michael? This was obviously for the viewers benefit, which is just stupid.

The general leaving Sara all alone with Bagwell, not likely. The general not relocating when they were compromised, also not likely.

I thought when Michael's nose started to bleed, wouldn't it be cool if he just dropped dead on the beach? Then the 4 years later bit, and he was actually dead, was quite fitting. Why should it be fitting that Michael died? Well, how many innocent people died because of Michael's decision to go into Fox River? Dozens, all because of him. Michael dieing was pretty much a deserved fate.

Self becomes a vegetable, nice, the general in the chair, also nice, and Bagwell back in Fox River, not too bad, though I'd have preferred to see him being the bitch.

Kellerman back, silly. C-note back, pointless and silly.

Glad it's finally over, though it should have went out on a high at the end of season 2. The last two years were unnecessary, and killed what was a brilliant show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It was not a bad finish at all. I was not surprised at all at the death of Michael. Good to see everyone getting their just deserts including Self and the general.

Gretchen was killed ages ago.

How the heck did c note and Sucre got to Miami from Chicago in an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

I can't believe they killed off Michael :eek: - but in fairness, I did read an interview with him a while back, he stated he wasn't part-taking in anymore after SE4. And how can/will they replace him.

I enjoyed the two episodes, thought they were decent enough.
    However , I did think at points throughout SE4 , they were scraping the barrel, like it wasn't prison break, it was 'find cyilla!' lol

I heard they'll have another [but it'll be the FINAL] season, that'll come out in August , to fill in on the four years, which they skipped through on the very last episode. :D

lisaface wrote: »
    I heard they'll have another [but it'll be the FINAL] season, that'll come out in August , to fill in on the four years, which they skipped through on the very last episode. :D
    You are a bit behind the times. The movie is on Sky 1 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That episode is called The Final Break, Lisa. Its out in 2 weeks on Sky One.

Edit: Dang, Bond is too fast for me. :)

There is no need for spoiler tags folks the thread title says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭lukin

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It was not a bad finish at all. I was not surprised at all at the death of Michael. Good to see everyone getting their just deserts including Self and the general.

Gretchen was killed ages ago.

Don't think so, When she was shot the cop cars were on their way and the others left her to be picked up.
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    How the heck did c note and Sucre got to Miami from Chicago in an hour?

I was wondering the same thing. Sloppy writing and insulting to the audiences' intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what was the phrsae that the general said in the chair. something like "siempre berotus", but i'm not sure. was it latin? and what does it mean?

He says semper paratus which means always ready in latin. It is an army motto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Why cant RTE show the double episode finale like they are for Desperate Housewives :confused:

• Advertisement

Because they simply don't care at this stage. Maybe the ratings are down? Sky 1 stealing a march on them all the time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Good finish, I always thought ending a TV series must be 1 of the hardest things you can do and it why it always seems rushed, most series are rushed at the end (Seinfeld, Friends, Firefly), but just be glad they didn't do a Sopranos on us and just end :)

Actually, just thought of the worst ending possible, Sarah gets put into jail with Gretchin, they are in the same cell, they are getting on really well, they start to get down to business, cut to black "Don't stop, beleeeevin'"

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Great ending, sucked that Michael died though :(

I was expecting them all to turn up at the Generals execution!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

enjoyed the finale i have to say
    and too be honest i wasnt too suprised about michael dying...it seemed to picture perfect with the baby on the way and the new life and all that. and obviously on the beach when he got the nosebleed, it was easy to assume

although when they were all going away for a couple days, i thought maybe it was the the generals execution..that would have been cool too...the lot of them just staring at him

i screwed a little when kellerman was back simply cause he has always been on of my favourite characters.. like the wife spitting on him aswell...shows that he will never be able to forget what he has done. knew straight away when C-note mentioned "his name is Paul"..happy me :)

Self was a sad one in one way...his wife was in a home aswell wasnt she before the general gave the order?

all in all, gonna miss the show regardless of ratings etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Self was a sad one in one way...his wife was in a home aswell wasnt she before the general gave the order?

kind of felt sorry for Self at the end, but he earned major respect by buying Schofield more time.

wouldn't it have made more sense to hold off showing the four years later montage until the "final break" finale? have to wait and see I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

What was the name of the song playing over the 4 years later part? It was so sad, I must get a copy of it!

Can't believe it's all over... what will I watch now? TV is crap these days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thought it was a good enough ending, although got a tad confusing for me as I never seen series 1 (I know:eek:). Gave it a 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

I thought it was a super ending though. I actually shed a few tears when they were at the grave.

Interesting to see what will happen next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭lukin

fippy wrote: »
    I thought it was a super ending though. I actually shed a few tears when they were at the grave.

Interesting to see what will happen next week though.

I have bad news for you;that was the last ep, the series has been canceled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

Just found out the name of the song used at the end.

Lay It Down Slow by Spiritualized

Will be downloading that later on!

Advertisement