Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

US/UK/IE: 4x21 - "Rate Of Exchange" AND 4x22 -"Killing Your Number" [SPOILERS WI

• 13-05-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "RATE OF EXCHANGE" and "KILLING YOUR NUMBER".

These are the final 2 normal episodes of Season 4 of Prison Break and are being shown together as the series finale.
    Michael is not alone in his struggle to take down the Company once and for all, some familiar faces from the past are back to help him too...

These episodes shall air on:

(US) - FOX - Friday 15th May 2009
    (UK) - SKY 1 - Tuesday 19th May 2009

IN IRELAND, RTÉ TWO WILL BE SHOWING THE EPISODE "RATE OF EXCHANGE" ON THURSDAY 21ST MAY WITH THE EPISODE "KILLING YOUR NUMBER" THE FOLLOWING THURSDAY, 28TH MAY.

If you are sure you have seen these episodes as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episodes revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What Did You Think Of These 2 Episodes? 67 votes

0%
    46%
    Mr EOur man in HavanaLFCFanPlaceboDampsquidnavaCaked KarenMr. CooL ICEziedthspartacus93evil_seedEyespyRick_im...LOSTBFassassinNADAJelloProwetodNiall09Thor 31 votes
    19%
    Bounty HunterMossy MonkweemcdSherifuZiMZuMAgamemnonRob30888Gavin "shels"High&Low_JOE_Handsome BobMmcdlisaface 13 votes
    16%
    Diddy KongawhirMr. Ksiobhan.murphymurpho999darraghctok9titan18Mr Freezedon ramoBlindedByGInge 11 votes
    4%
    shinnyJ-blk1huge1 3 votes
    2%
    RAUL DUKEbrick tamland 2 votes
    4%
    micksDingDongjonnyfingers 3 votes
    2%
    jor elmuppetkiller 2 votes
    1%
    SimpleLogic 1 vote
    1%
    Steviemak 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The end is near :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

I know, it's so sad... the only programme I religiously watch every week is almost over forever. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Excellent. I don't need to watch the dvd episodes. That's wrapped up enough for me.

Obviously pretty surprised they killed Michael off. It came out of nowhere. They seemed to randomly bring back everyone from the old cast who was still alive, and some who aren't...
    Kellerman being a congressman is so hilarious on so many levels. C note, why?
    But yeah glad it's done now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

OMG Michael Dead :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ok well thats the end of that, I'm happy its over, haven't really been happy with the show for a good while...all the same it ended nicely.

Michael dead though don't know what that was about to be honest but it didn't really take anything away from the ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

A bit depressing with how Michael ended up, seemed just pointless in the end... Not a bad ending at the end of the day, but terribly rushed, with Kellerman acting as the "Deus ex machina" to neatly wrap everything up in the last episode - and a bit odd to have C-Note back... Best scene in the end was the aerial shot of Fox River, nice throwback to the glory days of season 1. WTF would the point of the 2 remaining (DVD?) episodes be now anyway? This was indeed good enough closure, no need for anything else to be shown...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wow.

Agree with a lot of the stuff posted above.

Left feeling like it was depressing & pointless in the end... Don't know what more than can do if there are 2 dvd eps *boggle*

As a finale it wasn't bad at all. It tied up a lot of things.

T-bag back to square one - delighted... Someone commented in the previous weeks thread that the quirky characters usually go free not matter how bad they are. Glad that didn't happen.

The baddies are gone, wiped from existance. No more threat from the general or psychotic Cristina Rose. Everyone can rest easy.

Even though I said it in last weeks thread I still can't believe they brought Kellerman back - LOL - even though I knew it was him when C-Note said he had help. His name is Paul and he has a special forces ring. Gee I wonder who it could be... Great to see him back, always liked the character. Congressman - didn't see that coming. Hale's widow is a nice throwback to have in there.

Don Self got rough justice but it's hard to feel too sorry for him.

And the biggest wtf of all with Michael. I'm still not sure about that. He lives on in the son but it's just so crappy after all he's been through. Nice to have a non standard ending. Hmmmm.

9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭shinny

I've read somewhere that his birthdate on the grave stone doesn't match up to what his birth date was in Fox River. Apparently it was 1978 in Fox River, but 1974 on the grave stone. But I'm not going to bother rechecking that one!!

Something doesn't add up for me in the way that last scene was shot. Maybe we'll find out the real story in the DVD's !

I didn't think it was a great Finale, ok, but not great.

7/10 for me.

Btw what happened to Gretchen?
    Will she be featured in the DVD or are you left assume to she just died?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Pretty surprised Michael died. I had a feeling they would bring kellerman back and that he actually didn't die. I was actually more surprised to see C-Note back.

But seriously,kellerman as a congressman?? If i remember correctly didn't he confess everything he did at the end of season 2 so Linc was cleared and Sara got off? Then apparantly he was killed while being transported away from the courthouse. So now that he is very much in the public eye,why has he not gone back to jail for everything he did,and how was a serial murderer elected to congress??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So many bloody shows ending:(..first scrubs now this:(...I was like no i cant be michael he'll just appear late or something..then when i seen the swan i was like nooo:(..Good final to episodes though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Kinda stupid he died of the ailment he was supposed to have been cured of, why didnt his mother die of it even after the surgery, thats if she ever had it at all, A good few holes in it really, the show was gone stupid but im still going to miss it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Brilliant ending! I'm delighted they finished it of strongly, a little rushed but hows ever.

EdK: I couldn't disagree with you more:D

Kinda sad Michael did everything for everyone and didnt life long enough to enjoy his own freedom but atleast it wasnt a fairytale ending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭lukin

The ending wasn't a huge surprise to me as I couldn't help myself and googled for spoilers during the week. Agree with those who said it was bit rushed, everyone got what they deserved in the end except for the one who deserved it most:Michael.
    I am little bit pissed off to be honest, after all the s**t he went through for others it seems callous of the writers to kill him off.
    They kind of signposted it when his nose started bleeding on the beach though.
    Anyways, I though the operation he had at the company fixed all that?
    Great to see Kellerman back, but his re-rehabilitation seemed a bit far-fetched.
    Nice touch when the wife of his partner (Danny Hale) from season one spat in his face.
    Lots of references to season one throughout, which was good, the bit where Linc put the origami duck on his headstone was class.

The overall verdict on Prison Break as a series?Terrific show in season one and two, poor enough on season three and four.
    Wonder where the cast will fetch up next?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I loved the ending. I may blaspheme and say its up there with 6 Feet Under as a classic series ending. The 4 years later segment was so well done, and the last scene was incredibly touching. Pretty much everyone (apart from Michael) got what they deserve.

I'll be interested to see what they do with the movie. I think there is more to Michael's death than meets the eye (just because we saw the nosebleed, and then the gravestone, I think its classic misdirection). We know he doesn't want to run any more, so he might have faked his death.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I loved the ending. I may blaspheme and say its up there with 6 Feet Under as a classic series ending. The 4 years later segment was so well done, and the last scene was incredibly touching. Pretty much everyone (apart from Michael) got what they deserve.

I'll be interested to see what they do with the movie. I think there is more to Michael's death than meets the eye (just because we saw the nosebleed, and then the gravestone, I think its classic misdirection). We know he doesn't want to run any more, so he might have faked his death.

They were all exonerated so he had no need to fake his own death, however more will become clear after the fill in episodes

The movie is called Prison Break: The Final Break (link), so its set in prison. If he had to escape again, who knows? We'll know in a few weeks, anyway.

In prison eh. T-bag could still escape? :(

Its set in the time between the guys getting exonorated, and the "4 years later" segment. T-Bag was still there 4 years later. :)

• Advertisement

Ya, I figured that out after I read your link. The dvd may be better than I first thought. First i'd heard of it. I'd rather not know too much about it anyway so i'll just wait to see it.

lukin wrote: »
    The overall verdict on Prison Break as a series?Terrific show in season one and two, poor enough on season three and four.
    Wonder where the cast will fetch up next?

I hope Mahone and T-Bag appear in something. They were by far the best actors on the show for me. The rest of the case were well limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

why kill of micheal ! the only good character in the whole show :( , i hate sad endings:mad:

oh well any intresting shows coming out soon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭shinny

I was thinking along these lines too. I'm not sure if the suggestions that the birth date on the stone is wrong, but maybe that's a hint? Who knows. We'll have to wait and see, but I really hope that he's a live. I kinda feel cheated that he went through all of that just to die!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

tvnutz wrote: »
    Pretty surprised Michael died. I had a feeling they would bring kellerman back and that he actually didn't die. I was actually more surprised to see C-Note back.

But seriously,kellerman as a congressman?? If i remember correctly didn't he confess everything he did at the end of season 2 so Linc was cleared and Sara got off? Then apparantly he was killed while being transported away from the courthouse. So now that he is very much in the public eye,why has he not gone back to jail for everything he did,and how was a serial murderer elected to congress??

haha yeah I thought that to.

The 2 episodes were full of plot holes, rushed, and characters brought back for the sake of it.

However I still enjoyed it, and loved the 4 years flashforward ending.

I'll always have fond memorys of Prison Break as a show. Not really something you'll watch again(maybe series 1) but still overall I enjoyed it and will miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Loved the ending. Those 4 years later bits are usually ****e when shows end (case in point, the OC) but in this case it was superb.

I do feel very sorry for Self though. I know he'd done loads of bad stuff, but his scene was quite the tearjerker.

shinny wrote: »
    I was thinking along these lines too. I'm not sure if the suggestions that the birth date on the stone is wrong, but maybe that's a hint? Who knows. We'll have to wait and see, but I really hope that he's a live. I kinda feel cheated that he went through all of that just to die!

If it was lost. I'd say there is something more to it but with Prison Break I'd just blame continuity. At times I honestly wondered have the writers even watched the previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭lukin

We know he doesn't want to run any more, so he might have faked his death.

I don't think so. As someone else said, he had no reason to fake his own death, unless something that happens in the movie causes him to fake his own death?
    But then why would Linc and Sarah and the others visit his grave?
    I liked the bit where Sarah cried when hugging him ion the beach after his nose bled. It was like she knew he was going to die.
    cooker3 wrote:
    I hope Mahone and T-Bag appear in something. They were by far the best actors on the show for me. The rest of the case were well limited.

Agreed, I have a feeling that the others will disappear into oblivion as they are too limited in their acting scope. William Fichtner (Mahone) was already a well-established before PB, Robert Knepper (T-Bag) has already been in a few (admittedly bad) movies.
    I think Wentworth Miller will never be in anything as successful again though.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Not really something you'll watch again(maybe series 1) but still overall I enjoyed it and will miss it.
    I'm planning to rewatch season 1 at some point. Wouldn't bother with the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

i watched it late late last night so i was kinda annoyed when the revel happned about michael.

However, now that i think about it that was class and i gave it a 10. Fair play to them for not having them all meetng up for christmass (i'm looking at you scrubs :))

Although i will go back to the classic pb saying in that noone is dead unless you see the body etc.

One or two points:
    1. Kellerman back even thougn i knew was class and the look of anger/remorse as the senator was great.

2. Cnote's return wasn't needed but i can live with it.

3 everyone got what they deserved and the 4 years later segment was top class.

Advertisement