Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best deal for unlimited calls and texts

Options
  • 10-08-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Im coming out of contract this month. I own my phone. I had a quick look at the websites but it looks like a maze. Can anyone give me a steer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

Take a look at 48 or Tesco Mobiles deals.
    Both use o2 coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Im coming out of contract this month. I own my phone. I had a quick look at the websites but it looks like a maze. Can anyone give me a steer?

Hi jcon1913
    I'm with tesco mobile, 30 day sim only plan.
    For €30 pm I get 10k text messages, 10k any network minutes, and 15gb data.
    YES...10k. 10,000 minutes and txt. It's their "unlimited" I suppose. And they are on the O2 network so never had a problem with coverage.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you don't quite need unlimited, you can go pay as you go with tesco, and get add ons. Top up by €15, and you get free calls to all irish mobiles and landlines. You can use a add on for 10 of that 15 that will give you unlimited texts.

As long as your o2 coverage is good, I would recommend it. You can also use clubcard vouchers, if you use 5 from a voucher, you get 15 call credit in a boost. Can't remember is that in a shop or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jcon1913

doggystyle wrote: »
    Hi jcon1913
    YES...10k. 10,000 minutes and txt. It's their "unlimited" I suppose. And they are on the O2 network so never had a problem with coverage.
    Sounds like the one to go with TBH. Cheers for that. I just had a quick look at it there, it seems to have dropped to €25 per month, there is mention of changing number - do you have to get a new number or can they port your existing number to Tesco?

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Im with these ... 48months.ie/

The Don
    The ultimate deal for €20 monthly
    All calls* to any mobile network
    All texts* to any mobile network
    5 GB internet
    +60 landline minutes

Best offer going.

• Advertisement

If you have an eircom accout or know someone with one who will let you link to it then you can get

Unlimited calls to all networks and landlines
    unlimited texts
    5Gb of data (incl 4G)

for 24 euro a month with emobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

The Meteor PAYG unlimited offers are not bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

3 PAYG is €20 per month which gives you free unlimited data, 3,000 texts and 3,000 minutes. You get to keep your €20 top-up also which you can use on the play store (if Android) or naughty telephone lines if not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Simona1986 wrote: »
    3 PAYG is €20 per month which gives you free unlimited data, 3,000 texts and 3,000 minutes. You get to keep your €20 top-up also which you can use on the play store (if Android) or naughty telephone lines if not!

Link? Best I can see is unlimited texts and data, and unlimited weekend calls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Apologies, you are correct. It is free 3 to 3 calls but midweek calls to other networks aren't free. You can still use your €20 top up to cover the cost of those calls though so if you dont make many it is a very good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

doggystyle wrote: »
    Hi jcon1913

Hi. Does it cover calls to landlines? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Meteor Mega 4G simo plan has Unlimited calls text to everyone and 15GB of 4G data for 30 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

any good deals with fone included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Bif wrote: »
    Hi. Does it cover calls to landlines? Thanks.

Yes

Advertisement