Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

According to a worker in the post office they fled with nothing, spent more time arguing with each other over the whole thing than actually robbing the place, although still frightening for all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭horse7

Break in last week off auburn ave,castleknock, they got through the new composite hall door ,took the car keys (d132).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Was car found ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

horse7 wrote: »
    Break in last week off auburn ave,castleknock, they got through the new composite hall door ,took the car keys (d132).

Did they break it in or did they do the lock?

car was recovered with some damage( small suzuki) . the robber had some tool to open the hall door (it was not locked properly, handle not pushed up and key turned.

• Advertisement

Some car windows smashed and items taken in stockton area,friday night,gardai have caught the thieves.

any reports over the christmas?

horse7 wrote: »
    any reports over the christmas?

Yes a Guy was seen in a long red cost and white beard going from house too house in Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I went out the other day and left the dog in the kitchen because it was freezing out,

She must have set the alarm off because my phone rang me to let me know,

Anyway 5 minutes later,I arrived home to see a car in my Garden.

A silver mondeo...yes... you guessed it.. the police

Fair play to them,I checked my cameras back and they were driving past my house and seen the alarming blaring.

They pulled into my front drive and jumped straight out with flashlights.Straight up to the sidelane,looking in the windows.

My neighbors came out and let them into their back so the copper could look into mine.

Something they didn't need to do but I thought it was genuinely a good thing from them

Just though I'd post it in here as its mostly bad stuff that crops up in this thread...

Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Kev. wrote: »
    I went out the other day and left the dog in the kitchen because it was freezing out,

She must have set the alarm off because my phone rang me to let me know,

Anyway 5 minutes later,I arrived home to see a car in my Garden.

A silver mondeo...yes... you guessed it.. the police

Fair play to them,I checked my cameras back and they were driving past my house and seen the alarming blaring.

They pulled into my front drive and jumped straight out with flashlights.Straight up to the sidelane,looking in the windows.

My neighbors came out and let them into their back so the copper could look into mine.

Something they didn't need to do but I thought it was genuinely a good thing from them

Just though I'd post it in here as its mostly bad stuff that crops up in this thread...

Fair play to them.

Garda praised for performing duties they are paid to perform...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Garda praised for performing duties they are paid to perform...

Well the fact that there's 26 Thanks on the above post says that people are happy with how they dealt with it. People are praised and thanked for performing duties all the time. Do you not say thank you to a taxi driver or a waiter? A bit of positive news in an otherwise crime ridden thread is a great change of pace and it's nice to know there are members of the force who care about OUR community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

How many house alarms do you see going off and know that its just a dog or wind etc that set it off.

Gardai would be in every 10th house up in Littlepace if that was the case.:mad:

I was being sarcastic. I agree it was well played by the Garda!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

We noticed a smell of gas outside the house on Wednesday morning. called Bord Gais and when the guy came he showed us that a piece of copper pipe had been cut and stolen.
    Total pain, E200 for a plumber to fix it and plus no heating for 2 days.
    The Bord Gais guy said he had, had another similar call out that morning.

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    We noticed a smell of gas outside the house on Wednesday morning. called Bord Gais and when the guy came he showed us that a piece of copper pipe had been cut and stolen.
    Total pain, E200 for a plumber to fix it and plus no heating for 2 days.
    The Bord Gais guy said he had, had another similar call out that morning.

Are you saying someone cut a gas pipe ? Look forward to reading about this dumb ass in the paper !!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Are you saying someone cut a gas pipe ? Look forward to reading about this dumb ass in the paper !!

Yes, luckily for us there were no open windows nearby. Very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

So... 2 houses been done few nights ago on my street, near to my home.
    I've been done with the back garden so I think they said to give me a break.

Today got home and my neighbour told me that he saw a car parked for a minute in the front of houses and the driver took pictures of my house.
    Went and checked the CCTV and yes, the silver jeep driver (be careful you ... ) stopped for a minute, took a big DSLR camera, had few shots to my house and reversed with his back plate car on to my camera.
    Checked plates and the silver jeep had false plates, the ones been owned by a blue car.
    Called Garda in D15 and explained, left contact details and while giving car plates details the phone call cut off, never managed to call back ok and/or to get a call back from them.

So, my Saturday job:
    -clean-up all spider webs off the cameras
    -4 PIRs in all four corners of the house, doubled by lights and sound
    -called internal alarm supplier and asked if tomorrow can run a full diagnostic of the alarm.
    -Top-up my GSM alarm sim card account

...and not lastly...a nice big box of chocolates and nice red wine to my neighbour ! :)

Ba safe, be vigilant , be happy ! :)
    Let's kick the fcukers...

What did guard say ?

Murder in castleknock. Name to be released yet.

Not good at least they have someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Reports are suggesting the murder in Castleknock is due to an arguement over a game of chess. You couldn't make it up. RIP to the man in question and their family.

Saw this on Facebook yesterday -

"Hi Everyone. There was a break-in on Bramblefield Drive this afternoon. The house was empty at the time, the sitting room window was forced open and the house ransacked. This happened during the day on a very busy road. Anyone walking / driving towards The Park, The View, Archers Wood may have seen something. If you have any information that may be of use please contact Gardaí at Blanchardstown on (01)6667000."

Hi guys I have a friend who is looking at renting in fortlawn. I know it had a bad name what's it like now ? Would it be safe for her ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Hi guys I have a friend who is looking at renting in fortlawn. I know it had a bad name what's it like now ? Would it be safe for her ? Cheers

I don't want to sound smart here and I don't want to offend anybody but I would advise her against it. no reason in particular, just the fact that there is much nicer places around Blanchardstown..

Kev. wrote: »
    I don't want to sound smart here and I don't want to offend anybody but I would advise her against it. no reason in particular, just the fact that there is much nicer places around Blanchardstown..

Thanks keV. Just places to rent in the area are quiet limited

you'd have to pay me to live there. although it may be ok now. it wasnt for a long time.

That's my point what's it like now ?o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

its nowhere near as bad as it was years ago, none of the adjacent housing estates are either..

all area's go around in circles.. people living there are getting older, kids are growing up and moving out, most of them anyway.

yeah there are still kids growing up there i know that..

in a direct answer, if she's looking at living there, sure why not if she has only a certain budget to live within.

its nowhere near as bad as it was years ago, none of the adjacent housing estates are either..

all area's go around in circles.. people living there are getting older, kids are growing up and moving out, most of them anyway.

yeah there are still kids growing up there i know that..

in a direct answer, if she's looking at living there, sure why not if she has only a certain budget to live within.

Have you lived there long ? Mostly others are saying no way !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Fortlawn just like Sheepmoor, Whitestown and the like in that area arent as bad as they were years ago. Back then it wasnt unusual to see joyriders or a burned out car.

But being honest, even tho things arent 'as bad' now, I would avoid living in Fortlawn. Sure its great location wise. Right beside a lidl and right beside the shopping centre with a regular bus service (39a) But it's still a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This is all off-topic for this thread, maybe a new thread would have been better.
    Also, using bland statements such as 'it's a kip' are of no use to any discussion of a particular area, and tends only to antagonise people who live in that area. Perhaps an explanation of why it's a bad area with facts would be of more use to the person who asked the question

Advertisement