Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Two FABULOUS games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Got a 2nd hand Vita this morning on Adverts, i'm reasonably happy with it (the machine is in ok shape bar a few scratches on the rear touchpad) but whats up with the charger it won't plug into the wall its one of those two prong adapters. Do I just use the plug that I use with my shaver or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

GTR63 wrote: »
    Got a 2nd hand Vita this morning on Adverts, i'm reasonably happy with it (the machine is in ok shape bar a few scratches on the rear touchpad) but whats up with the charger it won't plug into the wall its one of those two prong adapters. Do I just use the plug that I use with my shaver or what?

Sounds like you got a US or EU version? Is the plug not just a USB adaptor? i.e. you can just plug the cable into one form a smartphone etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

penev10 wrote: »
    Sounds like you got a US or EU version? Is the plug not just a USB adaptor? i.e. you can just plug the cable into one form a smartphone etc?

You can do that but the smartphone plugs generally have a different voltage. You should just be able to put a standard plug onto the charger pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

You can do that but the smartphone plugs generally have a different voltage. You should just be able to put a standard plug onto the charger pack.

I have a Japanese Vita and plug the usb cable into a smartphone plug and it works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'd say it was bought off amazon.it or amazon.de, they had deals for Vita over the last few months. They're the exact same apart from the charger and packaging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Its this part thats the problem. The two prongs don't fit into my 4 plug extention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

You'll need a travel adaptor or just plug the USB connection into a USB port of a computer/smartphone plug.

Its this part thats the problem. The two prongs don't fit into my 4 plug extention.

My charger pack has a standard connection for a lead for the plug. Can you just change the lead with one that has a standard plug on it?

penev10 wrote: »
    I have a Japanese Vita and plug the usb cable into a smartphone plug and it works fine.

The original charger that came with my vita was faulty so I had to get it exchanged and I used the plug off my phone while waiting for it to come back. There was no problem with but I didn't really want to have it as a long term solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

The wall to ac adapter part is just a standard power cable with those figure 8 connections, should be able to pick them up anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So, probably going to get a Vita for my lad for an event in December people may not wish to discuss this early, I know lack of internal memory is an issue, any thing else I should be aware of. Have Playstation Plus on my PS3 so that will be a decent source of games for him.

So apart from a decent size (32 gb?) memory card, is there anything else I should buy as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So, probably going to get a Vita for my lad for an event in December people may not wish to discuss this early, I know lack of internal memory is an issue, any thing else I should be aware of. Have Playstation Plus on my PS3 so that will be a decent source of games for him.

So apart from a decent size (32 gb?) memory card, is there anything else I should buy as well?

He'll have to use your account but other than that nothing really, I don't think you need a 32GB a 16GB will be fine unless there's a big price drop in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    He'll have to use your account but other than that nothing really, I don't think you need a 32GB a 16GB will be fine unless there's a big price drop in them.

I got 16gb and it is nit enough. And that's with no ps+. I always had one tip for vita: buy the biggest memory card you can afford.

I got 16gb and it is nit enough. And that's with no ps+. I always had one tip for vita: buy the biggest memory card you can afford.

I've a 16GB and I think it's plenty big enough when I have the games saved on my external HD and I swap the games from the HD onto the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Finally finished Persona 4 after 60 hours of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only 60?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ye I fast forwarded a lot of the cut scenes and didn't grind much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I regret selecting hard difficulty on it as I have to grind now :(

While I think the game is great, I seem to always stop playing it. I've put in about 20 hours worth so far in about 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm about 45 hours in, have a feeling I'm at the last boss.

Haven't picked it up in weeks as he keeps destroying me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I must get back into persona,I got about 3 hrs in and just gave because it was just too slow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Malicious Rebirth confirmed (awhile ago) for western release:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

About to start Persona 4 Golden. I'm expecting greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Is everyday great at your Junes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Tomorrow...Rayman Origins...free on PS+.

Tomorrow...Rayman Origins...free on PS+.

Bit peed off I bought it a couple of months ago now. There doesn't seem to really anything else for the vita this month which is a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

any idea what time they usually put these games up at? really looking forward to playing rayman

EDIT: Out now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There is a PSP sale starting on the store. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/05/psp-sale-starts-today-killzone-lbp-gow-motorstorm-more-discounted/

Hope they add Syphon Filter to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Jak and Daxter - thrilled - and at 3.19 a steal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Is anyone else having a problem with Rayman Origins? I can't seem to get past the title screen. I tap the screen, and yet it crashes and boots me back to the UI.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement