Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Bizzum wrote: »
    Does anyone else think them last few pics Redzer put up look like they were taken in the 70's?

I was sorta expecting a dude with long hair and a big shirt collar or tank-top to appear:D

:D:D

Those cows do look 'old fashioned' - would have been seen all over the country once upon a time. But hey they're doing the trick for Redz today and are well suited to their environent.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Muckit wrote: »

Those cows do look 'old fashioned' - would have been seen all over the country once upon a time. But hey they're doing the trick for Redz today and are well suited to their environent.;)

I have no doubt about it! I'm not for a second knocking it..........or the seventies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Does anyone else think them last few pics Redzer put up look like they were taken in the 70's?

I was sorta expecting a dude with long hair and a big shirt collar or tank-top to appear:D
    Maybe I have ;)

Spot on, Wouldnt like to let a blue off the for the winter, you need thick skin around here. Theres a bit of hereford or shorthorn in nearly everything here. A lot of Simmentals are out of them and only for that they wouldnt do in the winterage either.
    I have no doubt about it! I'm not for a second knocking it..........or the seventies:)

Twas a bit after the seventies when I was conceived, im witnessing my first recession :D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

Bodacious wrote: »
    Good man Red,

At least you confirmed the spray works

Nice cattle not out of the way at that money, great calf to left hand side standing up

Red,
    Were these cattle out wintered with the long hair?

Is that calf in the middle a touch of salers about it?

Thanks
    K

kboc wrote: »
    Red,
    Were these cattle out wintered with the long hair?

Is that calf in the middle a touch of salers about it?

Thanks
    K

Ya they were. No hes out of the old shorthorn cow on the last page. He had a good 30kg on the other 5 he was sold with!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

I'm happy with these as it's the first group where I feel my breeding strategy and use of AI since 2008 is starting to pay dividends. The plan is to sell them as weanlings. As the 3 blues in particular are suitable for export, when should I look at selling, what target weight etc?[/QUOTE]

Lovely calves there . When will you sell them ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

just do it wrote:
    I'm happy with these as it's the first group where I feel my breeding strategy and use of AI since 2008 is starting to pay dividends. The plan is to sell them as weanlings. As the 3 blues in particular are suitable for export, when should I look at selling, what target weight etc?
    Richk2012 wrote: »
    Lovely calves there . When will you sell them ???

That was the question I was asking, when is a good time or at what weight is it good to sell them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

just do it wrote: »
    That was the question I was asking, when is a good time or at what weight is it good to sell them?
    nice cattle ,i think you might find your bulls will stay at home witha irish finisher this year,as to sell, bring them out before anyone else does,the closer to 500kgs the more you are going to get out of them,i see that the kk club are telling guys not to buy bulls at 500 and over.

leg wax wrote: »
    nice cattle ,i think you might find your bulls will stay at home witha irish finisher this year,as to sell, bring them out before anyone else does,the closer to 500kgs the more you are going to get out of them,i see that the kk club are telling guys not to buy bulls at 500 and over.
    I was thinking of a month to six weeks time although they'll just be touching on 400 kg at that stage. you reckon hold right till 1st Aug at 440 kg?

if it was me i would stick to your plan 4-6 weeks,thats when i am going with mine as well:rolleyes:.what mart will you be bringing them too.:confused:

• Advertisement

if it was me i would stick to your plan 4-6 weeks,thats when i am going with mine as well:rolleyes:.what mart will you be bringing them too.:confused:
    Ennis is where they're heading :)

are tlt still buying there:confused:.

are tlt still buying there:confused:.
    I don't know leg wax. I'm new to this game and it's the first time I've export quality like this going to the mart. Fingers crossed:cool:

I don't know leg wax. I'm new to this game and it's the first time I've export quality like this going to the mart. Fingers crossed:cool:

What makes you so sure they are export quality? Don't set yourself up for a fall

What makes you so sure they are export quality? Don't set yourself up for a fall
    thats what i was trying to say in a nice way,i dont think by the photos that they are for the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

127.JPG
    my first picture, not farming related ,my daughter at the top of the slide on a bouncy castle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

whelan1 wrote: »
    127.JPG
    my first picture, not farming related ,my daughter at the top of the slide on a bouncy castle

Nice.
    Hope ye had a nice day!

bbam wrote: »
    Nice.
    Hope ye had a nice day!
    hurty head today:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

hurty head today:cool:[/Quote]

+1

my first picture

Hurray! Thanks for sharing Whelan1.
    Looking forward to some farm related ones ;)

• Advertisement

rally being held in our fields today

my husbands toy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I was expecting a picture of yourself when you mentioned his toy :D:D

Have ye spuds up lads :pac: :pac:

photo-114.jpg

Cabbage isint doing too great, ground is too dry and the slugs are going at it

photo-115.jpg
    photo-116.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

rally being held in our fields today
    That will leave worse poaching than even derrypatrick are suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

what spuds have you sat.? they look we on there way.

jerdee wrote: »
    what spuds have you sat.? they look we on there way.

They are queens, have records sown too but they are only after sticking their head up.

1chippy wrote: »
    That will leave worse poaching than even derrypatrick are suffering.
    had it last year aswell they come back ad harrow and sow grass seeds in it

dar31 wrote: »
    hurty head today:cool:

+1[/QUOTE]
    time for the cure, hair of the dog:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

my husbands toy :)

Without saying it.......we're all thinking!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.