Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Does anyone do this course and want to tell me about it?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

:confused: Am hoping (i think) to do animation in Dun Laoighire, has any1 here done that or know any 1 who did??! Or software development in LIT. Is it very technical etc?? is there much difference between the game development and software development courses?? Would limerick be one of the better places to do these courses or would it be cork waterford dublin etc??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well I know its early days yet as we wont have to funny make our minds up for a few months but I hope to study commerce internation with chinese, 405 points in UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

My bfriend is going to 2nd year in Computer Science in NUIM as well. Apparently he finds lecturers not that good, especially for maths as i heard they have some guy teaching who speaks half german and half english :) Quite fun, but sometimes could be a bit dissapoining closer to the exams. :(

I my self is very interested in Economics and Finances in UCD, the course went up to 510 this year.. and the average is about 580... only top 35 students i think get in.. gosh.. i was hoping and planning to go to that course since 2nd year now :( and now unfortinatly starting to consider somethin esle.. would be happy to hear some suggestions.

aw and as well could somebody tell me about the Commerce in UCD ? heard its quite good, but dont have anybody that i know of who goes there :(

hm and another thing, is there any business courses that involve japanese as well ? From readin the forums there is one in DCU, is it worth doing?
    Again would be veeeryy happy to hear some opinions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maycie

does anyone have any information on civil, machanical or structual engineering?? all the advice possible would be great!

• Advertisement

Yuugib wrote: »
    My bfriend is going to 2nd year in Computer Science in NUIM as well. Apparently he finds lecturers not that good, especially for maths as i heard they have some guy teaching who speaks half german and half english :) Quite fun, but sometimes could be a bit dissapoining closer to the exams. :(

I my self is very interested in Economics and Finances in UCD, the course went up to 510 this year.. and the average is about 580... only top 35 students i think get in.. gosh.. i was hoping and planning to go to that course since 2nd year now :( and now unfortinatly starting to consider somethin esle.. would be happy to hear some suggestions.

aw and as well could somebody tell me about the Commerce in UCD ? heard its quite good, but dont have anybody that i know of who goes there :(

hm and another thing, is there any business courses that involve japanese as well ? From readin the forums there is one in DCU, is it worth doing?
    Again would be veeeryy happy to hear some opinions :)
    Ya i'm aiming for something in business aswell.

As for japanese theres a business course with japanese in UL for 450 points, know someone who is doing it actually there and they love it but its tough.

I hope to do commerce with chinese in UCC next year myself.
    Really want to do business with a language and chinese sounded appealing.

Mmm very nice, i hope u get in :) As for me.. still havent decided. There will be an open day in QSB in Ucd 2morow.. hope to get some advice :)

Btw is chinese course go with a year abroad as well in cork? sounds nice :)

Ya thats one of the main reasons it sounds so good, you spend your whole third year in shanghai, either at a university there or work experience, how class is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Anyone doing Electronic & Computer Engineering in NUIG?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I'll be doing Science in TCD I think.

Although I may change my mind to Theoretical Physics depending on how I find Maths for the leavin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I wouldnt worry about the leaving maths. Once you hit college its completely different. Of course it helps that you understand what you are doing. My maths course is only part of a science degree and its still really really hard but everyone is finding it like that simply because the leaving doesnt prepare you for college....at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 natrisioga

Went to the open days yesterday in St Pats, Froebel & Marino - Leaning towards the latter two at the minute:

Would appreciate any info (good or bad) on both of them if anyone has any

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

an bhfuil einne ag deanamh Gaeilge agus Iriseoireacht i DCU?? Ma ta, an dtabharfaidh sibh eolas ar bith faoin gcursa dom, GRMA.

eh, irish and um something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Anyone here have any info on Medicinal Chemistry in TCD, PCAM in TCD or European Studies in TCD?

Oh or Music in DIT?

Hey, could anybody tell me if Acturial studies in UCD and arts degree now? I ve reffered to couple of people and some of them agree .. and some not.. gezzz.. i m confused :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Hey, could anybody tell me if Acturial studies in UCD and arts degree now? I ve reffered to couple of people and some of them agree .. and some not.. gezzz.. i m confused :(

...What's your question?:confused::confused::confused:

Pardon me :)

I was asking if the Acturial course in UCD is actually comes under the Arts degree?
    Ems do i make sense?)

Under the general arts degree? It's a separate degree. You might end up with a BA but that's nothing to do with the Arts Degree.

Pardon me :)

I was asking if the Acturial course in UCD is actually comes under the Arts degree?
    Ems do i make sense?)

No it comes under a BAFS, ie Batchelor of Actuarial and Financial Studies

• Advertisement

Thank god :) thank you for clearing up the problem :) ppl been scaring me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Anyone know what the fees are for undergraduate medicine in the RCSI?
    I'm an Irish student but have been reading that the fees are up to €40000 per year.:eek: If anyone has any info or related sights with info, please reply.
    Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 raver22

Anyone know what the fees are for undergraduate medicine in the RCSI?
    I'm an Irish student but have been reading that the fees are up to €40000 per year.:eek: If anyone has any info or related sights with info, please reply.
    Thanks for the help.

There isn't any fees for undergrads, rcsi are covered under the free fees scheme. Good luck with getting med its a great course in my opinion anyway!!:D

Ems did u say free fees for eu students as well? hmm.. i m facing the fees next year i think.. tried to research on that topic, but nobody could really tell.. getting a bit worried now.. would be happy to know if anybody went though the whole payin fees system here :)

10 mb aren't available in this country yet, 6 is the max.

Not true, Irish universities are on the HEAnet which is directly on the INEX (the internet backbone in Ireland), so they wouln't be limited by the current DSL speeds available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

not sure if this is the right place but oh well.......

i want to become a pilot, preferably going through the air corps, but with that looking highly unlikley coming straight out of 6th year, im probably better off going to college first!

looking for advice from anyone who's arsed giving it on what type of courses i should take!? I'm thinkin something along the lines of engineerng might benefit me?

cheers in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'd say you'd get better answers posting here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=905

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

SRFC90 wrote: »
    not sure if this is the right place but oh well.......

i want to become a pilot, preferably going through the air corps, but with that looking highly unlikley coming straight out of 6th year, im probably better off going to college first!

looking for advice from anyone who's arsed giving it on what type of courses i should take!? I'm thinkin something along the lines of engineerng might benefit me?

cheers in advance :)

I looked into becoming a commercial pilot, did a lot of research. I thought it would be better to go to college first, despite the huge pilot shortage. I'll still have plenty of time when I graduate...

The Air Corps is a big commitment - 12/15yrs? You can go to college while training with them as far as I know, but you'll have a much better chance of being accepted after college. They sometimes specifically recruit engineering graduates, so it certainly is an advantage, but only do engineering if you'll enjoy it. They recruit all types of engineering grads (civ, elec chem, etc.) but mechanical/aeronautical would probably be preferred. I've heard of a few aero/mech guys from UL doing their work placement with the Air Corps. If you go to college you should join the Army or Navy Reserve as that will stand to you.

Have a look at www.flyinginireland.com/forum for a start. There's sections dedicated to student pilots, and the Air Corps. I've loads of other links, but most of them are more to do with commercial aviation - flights schools, forums, etc. Send me a PM if you want more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

ApeXaviour wrote: »

Doubt it...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

ApeXaviour wrote: »

nice one;)
    Pure Cork wrote: »
    I looked into becoming a commercial pilot, did a lot of research. I thought it would be better to go to college first, despite the huge pilot shortage. I'll still have plenty of time when I graduate...

The Air Corps is a big commitment - 12/15yrs? You can go to college while training with them as far as I know, but you'll have a much better chance of being accepted after college. They sometimes specifically recruit engineering graduates, so it certainly is an advantage, but only do engineering if you'll enjoy it. They recruit all types of engineering grads (civ, elec chem, etc.) but mechanical/aeronautical would probably be preferred. I've heard of a few aero/mech guys from UL doing their work placement with the Air Corps. If you go to college you should join the Army or Navy Reserve as that will stand to you.
    Have a look at www.flyinginireland.com/forum for a start. There's sections dedicated to student pilots, and the Air Corps. I've loads of other links, but most of them are more to do with commercial aviation - flights schools, forums, etc. Send me a PM if you want more info.

cheers for the info mate! the commitment thing is one of the downsides to going that route but can't see where i'm gonna produce €150,000 or whatever to do the full whack on my own!!

i'll admit to engineering not being my strong point but im sure knowing it will benefit me in the future will motivate me to get stuck into it n do well!

i met my guidance counsellor today and i've began looking into joining the defence forces as i've heard from a few people now that it'll benefit me greatly, but again not too sure which one is most appropriate?

i know ths is a bit off topic is his thread so head here if ya want!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54679994#post54679994

Advertisement