Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I see, well more power to you for following your favorite band all over Europe :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Reiketsu wrote: »
    How is everyone? :)

Good! San Fran is cool. I bought a hat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Afternoon-age!

How is everyone? Good weekends had? Good weeks and weekends to come? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hey Zwill :D.

I'm just up, heading to the airport now shortly. I'd be more excited if it wasn't 6am :P

Enjoy every moment Reik :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Last day in work today for 3 weeks! 5pm absolutely cannot come soon enough!

I'm in Berlin! :). Just sitting having a drink in my hostel. Might have another one and then off to bed, I'm wrecked! Dir en grey tomorrow, ahhh :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I'm in Berlin! :). Just sitting having a drink in my hostel. Might have another one and then off to bed, I'm wrecked! Dir en grey tomorrow, ahhh :D.

Nice! Aught planned for Berlin besides the gig?

Passenger wrote: »
    Nice! Aught planned for Berlin besides the gig?

I'm going to take a walk to the East Side Gallery as I'm about 10 minutes away from it. After that I'm not sure yet - will play it by ear :D

What a show! The imagery is just amazing. The band were great too. This was my 13th live and I FINALLLLY caught one of Shinya's drumsticks :D. They also played Fukai, couldn't believe it. In pain now, will be worse in the morning I guess haha.

• Advertisement

I'm jelly. Seattle is nice though. But it's really hot here right now and I can't quite deal with the heat, I'm seriously drained.

I can't stand the heat. It's about 18 degrees but it was so humid on Tuesday when I arrived. That and lugging around a suitcase wasn't pleasant! Getting ready to head to Dortmund now...oh for another hour in bed!

We are currently in a karaoke bar! I sang Ghosts by Japan, and forced my girlfriend to sing Amerika by Rammstein! :D

^^^

>.<

I'm in work! Feck yiz :pac::pac:
    Nah have a wonderful time ladies! :)
    We'll wanna hear more stories.

My Dad is doing a reading this evening in DCU of one of his stories, so am popping along to that.

Getting excited for Slane and Download now :D:D

I'm in Limerick, waiting for a bridal makeup trial. Bit less glamorous! :pac:

I sang Life on Mars! :D

Signed herself up for Never Gonna give you up but the bar closed :(

The bottom of my neck is in frigging agony lol. Getting ready to go and make it a lot worse. I'll be glad of the wee break tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Harsh news from the Prog world today: Chris Squire of Yes is ill with leukemia and is getting treatment. He'll be sitting out the tour with Toto this year, with Billy Sherwood filling in, and I hope that gives Chris time to get better. :(

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

On the bus (lol) to Paris. The second London show last night is definitely my favourite of the tour so far. Two more shows left and then home :(

So, all settled in at home :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hope you had a great trip :) Is your girlfriend still abroad or did you come home together?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

We came home together :)

I may have managed to get her into SPG also. She loves the song Fire Fire :D

Deadly, you must be delighted :)

I've been listening to them a fair bit the last while :o I find them very hit or miss, but really enjoy the songs I like.

I am a bit alright :D

Ah it was a good trip, had a lot of fun, spent too much money (and thankfully not quite as much as I thought I'd spend), but I honestly had the worst culture shock I've ever had after arriving in San Fran. You could be somewhere that was incredibly opulent, turn a corner and see abject poverty. How they treat homeless people was shocking, I've never seen anything like it and it was extremely disturbing. It was somewhere that I'm glad I visited, but no way would I live there.

Seattle was much nicer by far.

I've heard that from a good few people who've been in San Fran, sounds pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    So, all settled in at home :)

Welcome back, Links. ;)
    Links234 wrote: »
    Seattle was much nicer by far.

Was there a lot to do there?

There was some great parts, I enjoyed the cable car ride, had some pretty amazing Japanese food and there was a lot to like, but it was just more than a little jarring to see the sheer amount of homeless people, many of who were mentally ill and needed help and quite a lot of them in need of medical attention, and they're just treated like rats.

Oh and I know what you mean about SPG being hit or miss, I think it's just down to them being so genre-hopping and doing so many different styles.

Passenger wrote: »
    Welcome back, Links. ;)

Was there a lot to do there?

Thanks! ;)

Yeah, loads. In fact, we barely got to do even half of what we had planned. We met up with friends we had there, and went to a couple of karaoke bars, first time singing karaoke for me! :pac: Visited the Pike Place market, which is pretty much an American Camden market, and the Pike Brewery. Rode the monorail and went up the Space Needle, which was fun. I liked visiting chinatown/international district, the big ass Kinokuniya books was great, I spent ages there.

Met with some different friends and went out to a place called Ballard for tea and then went to a gaming bar called Cafe Mox, which had a huge ass game store attached, we may have been tempted into buying a few board games and card games while waiting for a table :p then had food and some drinks while playing Gloom.

Didn't get to do the underground tour or visit the EMP and Sci-Fi museum though :(
    Seriously wish we had more time there.

Oh and I had the most American meal of my life one morning when herself took me to a rock bar that served only greasy fried stuff, and I had a gigantic plate of corned beef hash. I was scared when this thing came and was plonked down infront of me. I think I had enough fried food on that one plate to do me for a freakin' month :eek:

Oh and it was also microbrew country! :D I enjoyed quite a few different beers while over there, a few decent nights were had. Deschutes Black Butte Porter was awesome ;)

• Advertisement

*takes note*

*sips IPA in O'Hare*

Advertisement