Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photo Thread.

Options

Comments

And another (which being a well-known tourist attraction should narrow down the location of the previous picture).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Budapest...everyone knows that :rolleyes:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some rules added in the first post. Feel free to comment or add.

i dont know what a tra hyperlink is:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

corktina wrote: »
    i dont know what a tra hyperlink is:confused:
    Victor wrote: »
    Some rules added in the first post. Feel free to comment or add.

Victor - could you please give examples of a hyperlink and what might be considered a 'security' issue regarding posted photos ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Victor - could you please give examples of a hyperlink and what might be considered a 'security' issue regarding posted photos ?

1157231_4f3ff3fa.jpg

associated hyperlink: http://www.geograph.ie/photo/1157231

security in relation to railways? Don't really see that being much of an issue unless you're taking photos of IE documents or some such

yeah i know what they look like, just dont know HOW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I think that security might refer to photos taken inside depots or other places skangers and metal thieves might find interesting?

1157231_4f3ff3fa.jpg
    This image is "hotlinked". Use the [noparse][img][/img][/noparse] tags for this.
    Thats a hyperlink. Use the [noparse][url][/url][/noparse] tags for this.

This is a URL [noparse]http://www.geograph.ie/photo/1157231[/noparse] use the [noparse][noparse][/noparse][/noparse] tags for this (unlikely to be needed)
    security in relation to railways? Don't really see that being much of an issue unless you're taking photos of IE documents or some such
    I'm mostly thinking about trespass / access, but I'm not going to go into detail.

i'll try to do it the way you want. Feel free to tell me if I get it wrong...

• Advertisement

I'm mostly thinking about trespass / access, but I'm not going to go into detail.

ok, but I thought you already covered that in the previous line :)

Imagine some station has the security code for the door posted in the ticket office. Don't post a pic of the code. :)

Imagine some station has the security code for the door posted in the ticket office. Don't post a pic of the code. :)

they don't honestly do that, do they :pac:

they don't honestly do that, do they :pac:

I strongly suspect not. I was merely giving it as an example.

Some pics from a road bridge near Hazelhatch today (6/10). First the 14.00 dep Hueston-Cork Intercity. Prior to that, at approx 14.00 an up freight train passed - the IWT Ballina-North Wall liner. Both locos 201's! Drivers sounding their horns again - thanks guys :D

picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10775
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10776
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10777

They have have had trials with same over the last year on Irish Rail tracks and by and large they have been successful enough to warrant a serious consideration. The access isn't a massive issue as fire crews can access the EGV from track side or by old fashioned axe work through the dummy doors :D Our friends in NIR have not yet conducted their own trials and checks which I understand is holding the project up; until they get moving they won't see the light of day. Given that they have new DMU sets to commission and their track record with the Gatwick DVT, I ain't holdiing my breath anytime soon :rolleyes:

According to a post on IRN, 208 brought one of the vans to York Road today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Recently posted by Albert Bridge on Geograph.ie

Kinscourt ore train heading through Gibbstown.
    Not a sight you'll see again, I imagine.

2630976_3688898f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

What's was this then? :D

roundwood006.jpg

roundwood007.jpg

interesting, they look like they might be BNaM hopper chassis...they have flanged wheels but could have a LOT of axle free play and that centre wheel is a baffling...

Ex Colliery stuff perhaps !!!

• Advertisement

Ex Colliery stuff perhaps !!!

they do have the look of that OK but they are Irish trucks I think and where was or is there a colliery on this island that would use them?

they do have the look of that OK but they are Irish trucks I think and where was or is there a colliery on this island that would use them?

It's only a guess - pic of the entrance and track at Arigna.
    http://www.arignaminingexperience.ie/images/miner.jpg
    miner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Around a wood somewhere. Coillte rail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

What ever they are the "HINO" lorry is well rateable !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Just a couple that I've transferred to my personal PC - I'll try and dig out some with the more exciting engineering trains during the week - HOBC, tilting wagons (S&C Modular) etc...

What's was this then? :D

are you telling or what?

are you telling or what?

Sorry about the delay - I was in the Sin Bin (Prison Forum) for a few days.

The pics were taken by Joe St.Leger back in 1989 during the recovery of the Filter Beds rail system from Roundwood Reservoir, County Wicklow, by the Irish Narrow Gauge Trust. Most of the equipment which include masses of trackwork, hopper wagons etc. went straight from Roundwood to Hammond Lane but a few items survive at Dromod today. Several rather pleasant 'poached salmon dinners' were had on the proceeds in the nearby Roundwood Inn, if memory serves me right. :D

Another one to tax your brains. Where and what was this structure? :D

SHED.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Waiting room for Broombridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Eiretrains

It wouldn't be Dingle by any chance JD?

Advertisement