Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One Handed Shuffle Tutorial

• 03-04-2008 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought this might help a few of the inexperienced folk like me who might want to getting a bit more nimble with the hands:

I'm gonna spend a few minutes a day trying to get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm going to have to spend a hell of a lot more than a few minutes to get that right. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭rasoul

looks impressive, what a terrible song though !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

A few minutes a day ... for a lot of days!

Yeah, put the sound down, its pretty bad music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

That's some pretty advanced stuff :pac:

For a total beginner, I would start off with a one-handed 'Charlier cut' (cut means dividing the deck into just two parts)
    http://www.expertvillage.com/video/14768_charlier-cut.htm

It's not 'easy' but you'll have it quick enough, and it will definitely help with the dexterity. Once you've learned that, it's not too much more tricky to turn it into a 3 or 4 part shuffle. Then you could progress to the kind of stuff in the first video.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

^^ on the above moves, if you have small hands, perhaps start with a bridge sized deck of something like waddington cards, and then move up to bicycle poker sized decks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement