Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Lounge Tapas and Cocktails - Market Bar 7PM - March 3rd, Dublin

• 19-02-2012 2:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Next dinner and drinks night out. Date decided in the private forum poll. We got 6 loungers out for the night out in January so it'd be nice to improve on that. Just in case I need to book a table can anyone interested post in the thread or pm me - I'll pm all those who voted in the poll over the next few days.

And of course boys and lurkers are welcome as well. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Stickied this so it won't slip off the front page RQ. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love tapas and cocktails, would love to go but the trip from Canada isn't really worth it :pac:

Probably moving to Dublin after college and don't know many people there so keep up the meet-ups please! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Cool I'm definitely on for this! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ill go and i promise not to get sick preventing me from going this time :pac:

have we decided on where? could keep an eye out for some vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I think I'm off work that week so could make it up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's my friend's 30th that night :( but if it's in Dublin City I may be able to make both... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Aw man I'm at a party in Dublin on the 2nd but have to come home the same night for work the next day, that sucks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

bluewolf wrote: »
    ill go and i promise not to get sick preventing me from going this time :pac:

have we decided on where? could keep an eye out for some vouchers?

No decision yet. Dolorus made a few suggestions - not a tapas eater myself so I'm useless for this one. :) No rush to decide on the venue yet anyway so the voucher idea will work out cheaper and leave more money for drink. :)
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Aw man I'm at a party in Dublin on the 2nd but have to come home the same night for work the next day, that sucks!

You and your busy social diary suck :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I think I might be able to make this! Sounds like fun, it'll be lovely to put faces to names :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

not a tapas eater myself so I'm useless for this one. :)
    I'm not even sure what tapas is!
    *Goes to google tapas*

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

I'd be willing to do some primary research on these mysterious tapas, provided it's followed by tasty cocktails :)

Right before I send out a bunch of pms we need a venue.

Dolorus suggested;
    Salmanca/Salmanca Fusion
    Market Bar
    Pinxtos

There's also;
    Havana
    Dada

I'm sure there's more but I don't think I've ever had tapas in Dublin so it's all the same to me. Anyone got any preferences? Hope to send out pms tonight so if there was a decision by the time I get home from swimming that would be awesome. :) Maybe somewhere with a versatile menu so the non-tapas eaters could also join in the fun? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I love tapas but they aren't everybodies cup of tea.

Market bar might be the best compromise, it does gorge tapas and less spainyish type food.

http://www.marketbar.ie/tapas

Whatever u pick will be perfect I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

I'd love to go, had a ball at the beers on Saturday. Would have to check with work before I commit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

assuming gents are allowed, I'll be there.

Never had tapas :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Hmmm, I feel a bit of a dick now as the third guy in a row offering to attend, but if I haven't pissed you all off too much with my occasional interuptions I'd be honoured to be invited.
    The recent TGC beers was a HUGE success, and tbh the gals who post there and attended make it what it is as much as the blokes.
    Having said that, this is your forum, and being swamped probably would take from the night for you/ye/youse- whatever :-)

Either way, I'm ok with it. Ickle, I promise to be reasonably well behaved:D

assuming gents are allowed, I'll be there.

Never had tapas :pac:
    johnr1 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I feel a bit of a dick now as the third guy in a row offering to attend, but if I haven't pissed you all off too much with my occasional interuptions I'd be honoured to be invited.
    The recent TGC beers was a HUGE success, and tbh the gals who post there and attended make it what it is as much as the blokes.
    Having said that, this is your forum, and being swamped probably would take from the night for you/ye/youse- whatever :-)

Either way, I'm ok with it. Ickle, I promise to be reasonably well behaved:D

And of course boys and lurkers are welcome as well. :)

I seem to have forgotten to add in the first post that the boys are paying the bill. :D

All are welcome of course.

Only thing that puts me off Market Bar is thinking it'd be very noisy(loud music?) Have never had a meal in there, is it possible to eat and have a proper chat with the rest? On the other hand, market bar is handy as anyone who can't make dinner will know where to find us if we stay there for post dinner drinks.

One positive response for the market bar and I'll make the executive decision to choose it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

I seem to have forgotten to add in the first post that the boys are paying the bill. :D

Is that in the charter too? :eek::eek:
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Market Bar doesn't have loud music afaik so it's great for chatting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Dolorous wrote: »
    The Market Bar doesn't have loud music afaik so it's great for chatting :)

I second that. The market bar is great for groups due to the bench tables and great for chattering

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Only thing that puts me off Market Bar is thinking it'd be very noisy(loud music?) Have never had a meal in there, is it possible to eat and have a proper chat with the rest? On the other hand, market bar is handy as anyone who can't make dinner will know where to find us if we stay there for post dinner drinks.

One positive response for the market bar and I'll make the executive decision to choose it. :)

The Market bar has no music afaik. Can't make it but enjoy, tapas are my favourite food!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'll pop along for a few :) But not for food as I am working that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i would be a maybe for this. especially after saturdays beers going so 'well'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Im off the sunday but working til 4.30 saturday, if i brought my stuff to work could just leave and be in dublin by 7, prob miss the dinner but make the drinks? hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

hdowney wrote: »
    i would be a maybe for this. especially after saturdays beers going so 'well'!!!

You should try, I asked about you on Saturday. I was looking forward to meeting you :) hope your feeling better ?

niamhx wrote: »
    You should try, I asked about you on Saturday. I was looking forward to meeting you :) hope your feeling better ?

feeling much better finally. Saturday went downhill fast after the 5k. Teach me to do a 5k then drink nothing all day and eat next to nothing, then start on the voddy!!! Ambulance for one!!!!

yes I hope to make this. sounds right up my street. however lacking in place to stay. No way in heck I am going back to that hostel, especially so soon!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

krudler wrote: »
    Im off the sunday but working til 4.30 saturday, if i brought my stuff to work could just leave and be in dublin by 7, prob miss the dinner but make the drinks? hmm...

Doo iittt... plus they serve tapas until 9:30 so you can still get fed :)

Dolorous wrote: »
    Doo iittt... plus they serve tapas until 9:30 so you can still get fed :)

10:30 on a saturday :D

• Advertisement

My friend's party is the night before and I'm not gonna do another one of these beers "on the dry" so if I feel like I'll be capable of drinking that night, I'll be there :)

Advertisement