Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Review of my site please

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Looks like a scam to me. Too many adds and the content ties in with the adds so you think pretty much everything is an add when first going on the site (even the content on the right hand side). I would check out the loading time of the site too, it takes pretty long to reload cams.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭bacon?

but43r wrote: »
    Looks like a scam to me. Too many adds and the content ties in with the adds so you think pretty much everything is an add when first going on the site (even the content on the right hand side). I would check out the loading time of the site too, it takes pretty long to reload cams.

I don't see how it's a scam? It's just an adsense site, like millions of others online. I put a lot of time and work into it, so, I've included adsense. There's also a privacy policy included that explains this.

http://www.nextrandomcam.com/privacy-policy/

Agree with the loading times, I would prefer if they cams loaded quicker, but I can't really help this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

I visited three pages - one had a 'Click here to unlock..' and the next two had some error message about Internet Explorer (I'm using Chrome), so I left. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭bacon?

cormee wrote: »
    I visited three pages - one had a 'Click here to unlock..' and the next two had some error message about Internet Explorer (I'm using Chrome), so I left. :confused:

Sorry about that.

The error message you saw has 2 different messages.

1) ie can't seem to display streaming cams, well at the moment anyway.

2) some of the cams go down... this is because i'm hot linking from other sites, and when they have trouble with their cams, so do I.

It aint perfect, but it generally works ok, if you have a decent browser that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

bacon? wrote: »
    Sorry about that.

The error message you saw has 2 different messages.

1) ie can't seem to display streaming cams, well at the moment anyway.

2) some of the cams go down... this is because i'm hot linking from other sites, and when they have trouble with their cams, so do I.

It aint perfect, but it generally works ok, if you have a decent browser that is.

I was using Chrome and getting those messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

I think it's terrible, mostly because of this:

"Unlock the content with a “like” or a “tweet”."

You expect people to like the content before they get to see it?

http://watchthiscam.com/ is so much better. Not littered with ads, can VIEW a web cam, can choose to like on fb AFTER having viewed some web cams, has some design.

FYI, when you copy something, you should try to improve on it, or at least try to match it. The simplest way to fix the problems with this site would be a re-direct to http://watchthiscam.com/. :pac:

Advertisement