Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

getting a newspaper from Sep 2015

• 28-01-2016 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

We had a baby in Sep 2015 and I am filling our baby book. For one page I would like a newspaper clipping from that day. Is it possible to get my hands on a newspaper (really any main daily in Ireland) dated Sep 14 last year, if so, how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

sareer wrote: »
    We had a baby in Sep 2015 and I am filling our baby book. For one page I would like a newspaper clipping from that day. Is it possible to get my hands on a newspaper (really any main daily in Ireland) dated Sep 14 last year, if so, how?

What paper is it?
    I got my local paper to get an article from 2007 and reprint just that page for me, if you check their website or email one of the staff they should be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gavb

Most newspapers keep some physical copies of each edition. How many of each one varies. I think your chances are quite good of getting one as it's only a few months ago.

I would just ring them up and ask them. Failing that, they will be able to send you a digital copy (pdf) of the front page which you could get printed.

I know that the Irish Times charges for page reprints, (http://www.irishtimes.com/pagesales/) Not sure about the others. As I say, ring up and ask, they can only say no :)

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

Thank you! I only saw the replies today and will check.

Advertisement