Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walk of Shame Awards: Most Disappointing Film

• 27-12-2015 5:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate for the Most Disappointing Film of 2015
    • Up to 4 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2015
    • Note that while the above rule discounts some upcoming films (like The Hateful Eight), some very noteworthy films (such as Birdman, Whiplash, Inherent Vice) were released here in early 2015 so are very much eligible
    • This is the last batch of nominations. Voting will follow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Jupiter Ascending
    Chappie
    Terminator: Genisys
    The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Black Mass
    Jurassic World
    Spectre
    While We're Young

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    Fantastic Four
    Blackhat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Good Dinosaur
    Tomorrowland
    While We're Young
    Love 3D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RMUCKY

Entourage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Spectre

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jupiter Ascending; could have been a fantastic piece of Space Opera
    Tomorrowland; I did enjoy it, but it really dropped the ball in act 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

The green inferno - after all of the delays and hype it fell very flat
    The good dinosaur - story fell a little flat as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Spectre - Not awful but a step back after the brilliance of Skyfall into old Bond trope's. Daniel Craig is still brilliant as Bond but deserved a better film.

Jurassic World- Lacks the heart of the first film and so many wooden characters even the awesome last 10 minutes and Chris Pratt could not save this.

Black Mass- too safe and really boring, even Depp return to form was overrated.

While We're Young

Given the title of the thread these are not necessarily the worst films out there but they are the selection which disappointed me the most, as I expected more from them. While Fantastic Four, Termenator and Jurassic World are on other lists, I saw them with such low expectations that I actually enjoyed them.

Avengers: Age of Ultron. Just seemed flat and the same as previous. Against Guardians of the Galaxy it felt stale

Tomorrowland: This should have been a fast paced colourful scifi romp but everyone seemed bored making it.

Chappie: While the robot itself was good and would have worked every single human character was one dimensional and annoying

Ex Machina: People rave about this but I felt that it was cliché ridden, by the numbers formulaic and predictable. There were great performances in this but overall it felt like a feature length Outer Limits episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night - I expected much more from this. It was trying way too hard to be hip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Spectre
    Blackhat
    But mostly spectre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Spectre
    Jurassic World

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Spectre
    Jurassic World
    Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Inside Out
    Far From The Madding Crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Minions
    Spectre

Spectre
    The Revenant
    A Walk in the woods

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Spectre
    Love
    Blackhat
    Steve Jobs

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Blackhat
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (watched it about a month ago and can't remember a single thing about it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Star Wars The Force Awakens
    Avengers Age of Ultron
    Tomorrow land
    Jurassic World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

The hateful eight.rubbish.
    Mad max.awful, loud ,nonsense.
    The Martian.
    Birdman.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hateful Eight. Near three hour long racist borefest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jurassic World

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

The Gift
    Tomorrowland
    The Man from UNCLE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

The Lobster- over-hyped indie with wooden acting by Farrell and storyline that gets very lost, dunno what it was doing in the multiplexes , suppose money was involved.

The Martian - American looney stuff for the masses. Could and should of been so much better but gets lost in the great American ego

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Spectre

Chappie
    Jurassic World
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Run All Night

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Chappie
    Inside Out
    Jurassic world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Carol - slow,bland,forgettable.My most irritating film of the year.
    Black Mass - Just didn't live up to the expectation.
    Minons- It wasnt bad but I really enjoyed the Despicable Me films and it wasn't near as good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement