Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2012 Darts Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

buster180 wrote: »
    Great tribute to Jocky.

definitely was, nice to all the players including keith deller at the start. great win for the hammer, lewis cant any form in this years pl. i dont fancy his chances against barney either later on. wade is looking very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 81,074 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whitlock wiped out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Wade looks like a well fed TinTin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why do the players keep tapping the top of their heads at the crowd??

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Did anyone see the interview with Taylor at the end of the darts last nite. Dave Clark interviewed Taylor about Jocky. It was hilarious though because Taylor went off on a bit of a rant about Jocky's wife who once told him that 'she'd live in a caravan for Jocky'. Dave Clark didn't know what to say and there was a pause for a couple of seconds with nobody saying anything. Dave Clark then broke the silence by simply saying 'lovely'. I must have replayed it 4-5 times. It was like when somebody tells a sh*te joke and nobody gets it. Really hope there's a clip of it on youtube later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Taylor wasn't ranting, he was saying that Jocky's wife was in number 1 fan and loved him so much that after they lost their house in England that it didnt matter, she would have lived in a caravan for Jocky. Taylor might not be the most articulate of people, darts players are not to begin with, and on stage wasn't a time to highlight the money troubles Jocky had but that was the message he was trying to put across was his wife loved him dearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to make little of what Taylor said or I'm not laughing about Jocky and his wife falling on hard times. Far from it. I'm sure Jocky's wife loved him dearly and will miss him very much. I completely agree with what you've said with regard to it being the wrong place and time for him to bring up such matters. All I was saying is that in a way Taylor went off on a tangent to what Clark had asked him to discuss. What I did find funny was that Clark hadn't a clue how to respond when Taylor had finished speaking. He just wasn't prepared for what Taylor said.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to make little of what Taylor said or I'm not laughing about Jocky and his wife falling on hard times. Far from it. I'm sure Jocky's wife loved him dearly and will miss him very much. I completely agree with what you've said with regard to it being the wrong place and time for him to bring up such matters. All I was saying is that in a way Taylor went off on a tangent to what Clark had asked him to discuss. What I did find funny was that Clark hadn't a clue how to respond when Taylor had finished speaking. He just wasn't prepared for what Taylor said.

I think you're making more of it than it actually was. I think it was just Dave Clarke making sure that Taylor had finished what he had to say and then having a respectful pause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

any links to the tribute to jockey?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why do the players keep tapping the top of their heads at the crowd??

Its a Cardiff City thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,15618_7581262,00.html

You're gonna hear it at the P.L. final.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

H
    Gotya wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,15618_7581262,00.html

You're gonna hear it at the P.L. final.............
    That's a cringefest :D
    There's more charisma in a bucket of shìte than James Wade,he couldn't be any further out of his comfort zone doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭leoch

taylor always goes of on a rant after the game every week a brilliant player but a dose of sh1t to listen too its obviously the drink talking he is concentrating to hard on not sluring his words and trying to not sound drunk that he forgets what he is talking about simple as

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

leoch wrote: »
    taylor always goes of on a rant after the game every week a brilliant player but a dose of sh1t to listen too its obviously the drink talking he is concentrating to hard on not sluring his words and trying to not sound drunk that he forgets what he is talking about simple as
    Yea that's if you're lucky enough to drag him away from the bar to get a few words and he hasn't drunkenly assaulted you in the process or cracked you over the head with the whiskey hip flask he keeps on him while he's up on the oche :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭leoch

your probaly right but i mean his rant being interviewed after the games ,,like the week he went on about his personal trainer who was an ex england something bla bla bla in saying that he does seem to be losing weight alright unlkie lewis and wade they are like two round bales:D

Andy Hamilton's father passed away earlier on in the week, but he'll still be playing tonight in Nottingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Barney, Taylor, Whitlock and a Lewis/Wade draw for me tonight.

Painter +3.5
    Wade
    Whitlock(I think Gary could be a bit off with the recent passing, and I'd have it marginal apart from that)
    Taylor (Most 180s)

Started sticking in Taylor with the 180s since last week, you get nearly evens and if he can't outscore his opponent there chances are he's struggling(makes no sense that he's 1/9 to win, but 8/11 for the 180s when 3/4s of the game is 20s scoring)
    Id rather back him there than take the usually massive handicap which is still 2/5.

He's nearly had a 9 darter each night too which means two 180s straight off.

Painter +3.5
    Wade
    Whitlock(I think Gary could be a bit off with the recent passing, and I'd have it marginal apart from that)
    Taylor (Most 180s)

Started sticking in Taylor with the 180s since last week, you get nearly evens and if he can't outscore his opponent there chances are he's struggling(makes no sense that he's 1/9 to win, but 8/11 for the 180s when 3/4s of the game is 20s scoring)
    Id rather back him there than take the usually massive handicap which is still 2/5.
    He's nearly had a 9 darter each night too which means two 180s straight off.

Tayor often throws for 19's if he doesn't like the dart in the treble 20 (high in the bed)
    He doesn't need 180s for a 9 darter, 177s,174s,171s ect.. work too.

Raymond van Barneveld - win @4/6
    Adrian Lewis - Draw @9/2
    Simon Whitlock win- @13/10
    Phil Taylor win- @1/9

• Advertisement

Tayor often throws for 19's if he doesn't like the dart in the treble 20 (high in the bed)
    He doesn't need 180s for a 9 darter, 177s,174s,171s ect.. work too.

Thats the same for everyone, but it still represents significantly more value then backing him at 1/9 or 2/5 minus 3.5 legs.
    Its the only market(highest finishing can go anyway) where you get even enough value on Taylor.
    You'd have to imagine if he makes up the handicap that he's leading in the scoring too.

Thats the same for everyone, but it still represents significantly more value then backing him at 1/9 or 2/5 minus 3.5 legs.
    Its the only market(highest finishing can go anyway) where you get even enough value on Taylor.
    You'd have to imagine if he makes up the handicap that he's leading in the scoring too.

Maybe i didn''t make myself very clear, i was saying Taylor often leads on the scoring by hitting 177s ect, if you are betting on him to hit more 180s, he does go down for 19s alot.
    For finding value on Taylor, i don't think that their is any out there!. :(

R.V.B. just had his highest ever 3 dart average (on sky sports), i thought he was going fcuk up in the last leg.
    Good to see him back in form :D

Decent match that to start things off. Painter doing that duck walk was really funny, i thought!!

Lewis broke the floor!!:eek: :D

That was a terrific match! Fair play to Hamilton. Despite the week he's had, he's probably given Taylor the best match he's had in this Premier League!!

The Wizard Vs The Smiler has the makings of a great great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Lewis broke the floor!!:eek: :D

What ever would they do without Rod Harrington on there? At the world champs, he knew all about air conditioning units (when there was a breeze on stage) and last night he showed us that he knows all about stage floor boards too. They would be lost without him if he ever left :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

How do we all reckon Gary Anderson will do tomorrow night?
    He's up against Wade first and Hamilton last after 4 losses in a row in recent weeks.

Anderson is odds-on with the bookies tb Hamilton which is madness IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Tarzann wrote: »
    How do we all reckon Gary Anderson will do tomorrow night?
    He's up against Wade first and Hamilton last after 4 losses in a row in recent weeks.

Anderson is odds-on with the bookies tb Hamilton which is madness IMO.

yeah i agree. he's going through a tough time is ando. the hammer played well last week. i'll give ando a chance against wade , because you never know with wade as he can be really inconsistent at times. after last weeks bust up with lewis (again) he will probably play well. looking forward to phil and barney game tonight.

• Advertisement

11/2 about for R.V.B to beat "the man" tonight, i can't pass on it. Hope it a good game at least. So here's my bet for tonight.

James Wade v Gary Anderson - Draw @ 9/2
    Simon Whitlock v Kevin Painter - Whitlock Win @ 8/15
    Phil Taylor v Raymond van Barneveld - Barneveld Win @ 11/2
    Andy Hamilton v Gary Anderson - Anderson Win @ 4/5

€1 Accumulator - €98.67 (Paddypower).

Advertisement