Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Clothes

• 29-08-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hello ladies,

Just a quick question, where do you buy your maternity clothes???

Have been managing well in just the size bigger than I normally wear, but now things are getting a bit tight down around the tummy area! (There's a bump there now hallelujah, I look pregnant not just fat now!)

I went looking today and Dorothy Perkins had no jeans or trousers in my size, Topshop was the same and finally settled on a nice pair of jeans from marks and spencers.

But, I'll have to buy work trousers soon enough, anywhere I could even get elasticated trousers (non maternity like) that are a 31/32 inch leg????

Thanks,
    Adrieanne :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I found mothercare and m&s(henry st) have nice stuff and do a range of sizes,
    Mothercare have some or their end of sale stuff on sale for 5 and 10 euro too so if you are passing it is worth a look.
    Topshop in Jervis have some nice things too.

I forgot to mention if you are a size 12 you are lucky as it seems to be the most common size followed by 16 and 20,I have no idea why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Pfft, I'm a 14/16 usually depending on the shop, so have been going for 16's in the materntiy clothes!!

I can't find size 16 anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Pfft, I'm a 14/16 usually depending on the shop, so have been going for 16's in the materntiy clothes!!

I can't find size 16 anywhere!

Next directory online have some lovely stuff.. Nice jeans! They'll do free delivery to your nearest next shop, and you can return the items through the same shop if the size isn't right. Our next doesn't have the same seletion, but maybe the bigger ones do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hey,
    New look have a nice maternity range.. there is one in the omni.

I am still in all my hipster jeans, The ones that are a little tight i leave the button open and just wear long vests to cover anything hanging out!!

Next do nice maternity work wear, But dont go spending a fortune. I bought a few nice plain t shirts in M and S in larger sizes for owrk anything with a swing or bit of room works!!

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Mamas and Papas and next were where i found most of my maternity clothes. Jelly bean online had some pretty stuff and i sized up in pennys for the round the house stuff. For jeans i would definitely say next, the ones i got there were so comfortable i still wear them with a belt and my daughter is nearly two!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Ive had the pleasure of accompanying the better half to many stores for the same reason, she always goes back to Mothercare and Benetton so I presume these are good.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

You could try www.bumpbasics.com
    It is the first online Irish maternity clothes shop. It is very resonable priced and quick delivery. My Wife is pregnant and we get a lot of stuff there especially from the "Moma Lucious" range.

*Disclaimer: This is my big sisters site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Quality wrote: »
    Hey,
    New look have a nice maternity range.. there is one in the omni.

I am still in all my hipster jeans, The ones that are a little tight i leave the button open and just wear long vests to cover anything hanging out!!

Next do nice maternity work wear, But dont go spending a fortune. I bought a few nice plain t shirts in M and S in larger sizes for owrk anything with a swing or bit of room works!!

Best of luck!

I never wore hipsters (too big!) but was toying with the idea of buyin a few pairs, cos my bump looks a little squashed when I'm wearin normal jeans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

I got some great stuff in New Look for work earlier this year & keenly priced. Got a lot of tops from USA on ebay also last time I was pregnant & a funky print belly band which was great with a white shirt/black pants & can be used to bridge the gap between normal tops & pants for a while before the bump gets too big. It's also good for keeping your tummy warm:).
    I got some stuff off Blomming Marvellous Uk, in their sale it was ok for price & good quality, especially little string vests to wear layered under maternity tops for a bit extra warmth in the colder months......god I'm such a old mammy with my vests..ha...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Lillyella

God, I'm hating the under the bump stuff, its so uncomfortable.

I've gotten jeans in Next and Dorothy Perkins. Got a few tops in New Look.

There is a lovely shop in Omni just up from New Look called Premaman and it has really good quality maternity wear, its a bit pricey though, but I got great reductions in the sale, trousers at 70% off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Best thing I ever got was two pair of maternity combats.
    the pockets on the legs were great cos you can't have regualr pockets in maternity trouses and they were over the bump with a soft jersy bump add on and an adjustable waist line.
    They did me from about 5 months up until the last two weeks when getting trousers on was difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 feecreg

try www.eloramaternity.com. They have a lovely selection of jeans, work trousers, casual stuff & more dressy stuff too. I got a lovely dress for a wedding on their site too. They are irish & delivery is quick.

I also like www.seraphine.com. They have nice classy stuff. Again, nice jeans, workwear etc.

I also like Next.

I find online shopping great. I love clothes but find trapsing around shops not as much fun when your pregnant, particularly since there isnt that much in the shops for us pregnant women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tallullabug

Hi all,

I just hired a maternity dress with accessories for my brothers wedding this Christmas. Got it in Klassy Dress Hire just outside Bunclody, Wexford. She had loads of really nice dresses to hire and it was a fraction of the price of buying. No traipsing around loads of shops with this massive bump either. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

asos.com have lovely maternity dresses.

I think I got all my maternity clothes in mother care and m&s sales.

Advertisement