Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning Sickness

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I'm 9 weeks on Tuesday and for the last 2 weeks i feel like crap, whoever came up with the term morning sickness should be shot :p

I have it all day everyday, dry toast,crackers and ginger don't work, i'm just constantly nauseous. Even if i eat something small every 2 hours or so i just can't get rid of this crappy feeling. I'm now trying those sea bands on my wrist and i have been sick since putting them on today :(

So i need a bit of advice now, i'm in the States at the moment and i'm heading back home to Galway on Thursday and i'm really not looking forward to the flight, i know i have to keep hydrated but even drinking water makes me ill.
    I'll be grateful for any hints and tips :D

Put in a request to be seated next to a working bathroom as you're pregnant and very ill. Or slyly ask on the day if theres any freebie upgrades to first class?

I had the full 9 months morning sickess and couldn't go anywhere without a few sealable bags to get sick into, water and mouthwash and a ton of tissues. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

LolaDub wrote: »
    Put in a request to be seated next to a working bathroom as you're pregnant and very ill. Or slyly ask on the day if theres any freebie upgrades to first class?

I had the full 9 months morning sickess and couldn't go anywhere without a few sealable bags to get sick into, water and mouthwash and a ton of tissues. Good luck!

Ya i'm thinking of asking to upgrade, whats the worst they can say. If they do say no i think i'll just cry and make them very embarrased, then they'll have to put a crazy pregnant woman up to first class :D

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Ya i'm thinking of asking to upgrade, whats the worst they can say. If they do say no i think i'll just cry and make them very embarrased, then they'll have to put a crazy pregnant woman up to first class :D

Cheers

Yeah the worst will be they'll agree to stick you next to the toilets. They wouldn't want a crying pregnant woman getting sick in the most crowded area of the cabin, i'd say they'd prefer to put you in a quieter area ie first class. No harm in asking.

I was in morocco a few years ago and got food poisoning, was insanely sick on the way home. Asked could i have an upgrade or bathroom seat, Business was sold out so they put me at the front of the cabin next to a bathroom....which turned out to be out of order and half of the plane also had food poisoning. Had to run 40 aisles to get sick with a load of other people-fun times

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm 9 weeks on Tuesday and for the last 2 weeks i feel like crap, whoever came up with the term morning sickness should be shot :p

I have it all day everyday, dry toast,crackers and ginger don't work, i'm just constantly nauseous. Even if i eat something small every 2 hours or so i just can't get rid of this crappy feeling. I'm now trying those sea bands on my wrist and i have been sick since putting them on today :(
    I remember at that point in my first pregnancy thinking 'what in gods name made me think this would be a good idea??' Its awful to feel that sick, all day long. But morning sickness is a signal that your body is doing everything it should be. I know thats little help right now, but it is a good thing, really! :) Keep going with the little and often food thing, dont ever rush your food, and eat whatever it is you feel like having.

Thanks for the advice, found these things called "Preggie Pops" over here in the States and they're brilliant, they're just glassy sweets or lollipops with natural fruits in them.
    When i feel sick i have one or two and they work wonders, does anyone know if there is something similar at home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Hey Grawns, sounds like you have a fine hairy little baba there! Although my little woman was born with a head of hair so big it prompted us to name her Molly (as in Hairy Molly!), and I never had even so much as a burp. It should ease when things get a little further on as baba drops a little it'll take the pressure off your upper stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

Hello all, i am half way through my tenth week now, and aside from complete exhaustion its been plain sailing all the way...until now! I just got back from the toilet, for the first time, as my body obviously rejected my morning tea. :(

I think its revenge, because we informed the close family members last night, and having told them all that i´ve had no morning sickness my body seems to want to break the rules. I really hope it doesnt keep it up, I was so pleased to have skipped this part of pregnancy. Anyway, I suppose I´m just ranting and rooting for sympathy.

Stupid symptoms...mutter mutter...

Popel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Popel wrote: »
    Stupid symptoms...mutter mutter...

Hee hee.. gripe... moan...:D

My doctor is thinking of doing acupuncture on me to see if it helps with my sickness.
    Going to put it off for a while though because i went for my first scan on Monday and my doctor couldn't find a heartbeat, he didn't seem too concerned, he thinks i'm more like 8 weeks rather than 10 and he also told me he wasn't great at reading ultra sounds.

I'm trying not to worry, i am trying to keep positive but if the inevitable happens i know i've done nothing wrong and it's natures way of 'pressing the reset button'. I'll inform all of you on Monday of the result, wish me luck.

Best of luck hairyfairy. I waited to go for my scan at 9 1/2 weeks and I was 100% about the dates so if you're off there's a good chance all is okay. Fingers and toes crossed for you. Best Wishes Gráinne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭VeryBerry

Is anyone else ok during the day, but really sick in the evenings and at night?

I'm 10weeks gone, and I've no sickeness in the morning or afternoon. But I'm so ill on my way home from work in the evenings in the car, after dinner, and when I go to bed at night.

Feeling sick at night is the worst, because if I'm not awake having to pee, I'm awake because I think I'm going to puke. Any suggestions? :(

Went for the scan today and the little blighter was kicking and punching like Bruce Lee, the weight that has been lifted off my shoulder is something else.

VerryBerry i was sick only at night for a while but now it's 24/7, today being pretty bad :( but it's still worse at night and thats when my heartburn starts also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Went for the scan today and the little blighter was kicking and punching like Bruce Lee, the weight that has been lifted off my shoulder is something else.

Phew :) No matter how much the doctor and everyone else tells you not to worry, you will til you've seen baby with your own two eyes! So happy to hear it, just wait til you can feel them - My little Jackie Chan has my ribs bruised so badly it hurts to laugh :) Luckily, nothing is funny when you're insanely tired!!

I am so pleased for you hairyfairy :D Hope everything will be uneventful from now on.

Advertisement