Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beers - March 10th. Venue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

March 16th - Friday
    Let's do it! *Fake smiles and backs away slowly, shaking with nerves*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

March 16th - Friday
    What's the worst that could happen? You don't like people. So you have 1 drink and call it a day. I've met some really sound people at these things.

March 16th - Friday
    Nah, I'm deffo going. Enough is enough like. Well excited about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

March 16th - Friday
    Intouch9 wrote: »
    Should we combine the two? Have an official boards.ie bake off followed by celebratory beers? Or am I being an event management beast again?

It just wouldn't work - I think the best thing is drinks in February/March and then maybe a picnic in April/May

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

woah woah!, it;s actually going ahead!?

"I was bluffing!!!!! I hate meeting people"<runs away>

ah no. I feel I should say if you cant go then that's fine, but speaking as a person who's gone to these things before take my advice: PLEASE don't not go just because your worried.
    Once you get there and start chatting all your preconceptions go out the window in about 5 seconds, believe me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'd love to go, just need to know the place and time so I can arrange it. I'd actually be more nervous about going down and walking around Dublin on my own than anything else! :o

I'd say once I get there I'll be relaxed quite quickly with a drink in my hand. I dunno what that says about me exactly, but I'm sure to some it speaks volumes!

March 16th - Friday
    We were all like that at some stage. I was still printing Google Maps up until recently. I'm sure someone will meet you or something if you're unsure of your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

It may be blind leading the blind, but if I'm going I can meet you at one of the train stations or whatever.

I sorta know my way around the main parts of Dublin, I was there a fortnight ago! It's not getting lost that I'm worrying about, it's being on my lonesome in the big city where some unsavoury character might mug me or beat me up or something! :eek: <hyperventilates>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

March 17th - Saturday
    It may be blind leading the blind, but if I'm going I can meet you at one of the train stations or whatever.
    Ditto - I live near Heuston Station.
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I sorta know my way around the main parts of Dublin, I was there a fortnight ago! It's not getting lost that I'm worrying about, it's being on my lonesome in the big city where some unsavoury character might mug me or beat me up or something! :eek: <hyperventilates>
    I'll leave my mugging kit behind. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Feb 24th - Friday
    So last 2 weeks of feb and first 2 weeks of march to choose from?

If it's in March that would suit me better but if everyone else prefers the end of Feb then so be it. Just my two penneth worth. :)

Are we aiming for a weekend or is any day of the week an option? Working Mon - Fri 9-5, a Saturday would be much more suitable.

Only seeing this now, but yeah, if we both end up going, that would be grand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Paddy's Day meet up, anyone? :)

I'd be in Dublin anyway so that works for me. I'll be with other gays and some straights though, I suppose I could slip away from them for an hour to have a drink with all you's lot! :D

March 16th - Friday
    Thanks for putting the poll up

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

March 9th - Friday
    Any of the February dates suit me.
    Not Paddy's day though, as I'll most likely be gone home :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

March 10th - Saturday
    I'd have to try and wrangle the night off work for it, but I'd love to head up just to meet some other boardsies! Any weekend really barring the Paddy's Day weekend suits me, tbh. Just so I know so I can get the night off work, and Friday would probably suit me better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm underage...:rolleyes: Perhaps in May! :)

If you hadn't have said anything, no-one probably would have known and you could have joined in!

Well, you're 17, you can come and have a bag of crisps and some brown lemonade or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

If you hadn't have said anything, no-one probably would have known and you could have joined in!

Well, you're 17, you can come and have a bag of crisps and some brown lemonade or something!
    What the hell is brown lemonade? That sounds horrendous, I'll have some pork scratchings and a 220ml bottle of Pepsi that cost €2.50!

You don't know what brown lemonade is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_lemonade

I'm only 27, but you just made me feel about 60! I thought it was a whole Ireland thing, not just in the north. Or you're just too feckin' young! Kids today...! :D

March 16th - Friday
    I've never heard of Brown Lemonade... its a Nordie thing.
    Any1 heading to AMI on the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

March 16th - Friday
    You don't know what brown lemonade is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_lemonade

I'm only 27, but you just made me feel about 60! I thought it was a whole Ireland thing, not just in the north. Or you're just too feckin' young! Kids today...! :D

yeah, I'm 30 this year and never heard of it. I think though, from looking at it, it's similar to our red lemonade which is the drink of the (very hyper) gods. it's like footballers special. Now that's a drink. Scary stuff. Although up in Donegal I did buy a can of "Pussy" energy drink. I kid you not.

Oh I've seen "Pussy" energy drink on sale in a shop in Dublin... How did they get away with that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

March 17th - Saturday
    Oh I've seen "Pussy" energy drink on sale in a shop in Dublin... How did they gtet away with that?!
    Sure I've seen a special hello kitty edition Of roxana deodorant - the scent is 'pussy wind' no word of a lie! Not in Ireland but I've seen roxana. Perhaps it was Spain....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

March 17th - Saturday
    Feb 18 is the day of the boards.ie nocturnal forum (and Gentlemen's Club forum?) beers.

Feb 25 is the day of a major trans conference in Waterford.

Paddy's day might not be the best time to hold it, though it doesn't represent a problem for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Haven't voted in the poll yet cos peoples birthdays/leaving parties etc. tend to pop up sooner to the time. But I know Paddys Day def wouldn't suit me :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Feb 24th - Friday
    Anyone have any thoughts on letting the pole run for another while or settling on the two most popular dates for now. It's still only January, so we still have awhile yet.

• Advertisement

March 16th - Friday
    Anyone have any thoughts on letting the pole run for another while or settling on the two most popular dates for now. It's still only January, so we still have awhile yet.

maybe leave it open for another week

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement