Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Where could one go about ordering this from the Southern Hemisphere do people know?

I ordered mine off Mightyape. It says delivery takes 10-15 days but had it in 1 week! It's a great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Rugby Challenge release date for Europe has been announced: 14th October

http://rugbychallengegame.com/
    ANNOUNCEMENT: Tru Blu Entertainment wishes to announce the release date for Europe, U.K. and the rest of the world (excluding U.S./Canada). The release date for Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 is the 14th October 2011. Thank you for being so patient and I hope you enjoy the game. Further announcements will be made outlining details. Sebastian Giompaolo, MD

The game will come with the latest patch "built in". For those who imported, it appears the big patch will be released before the game releases in Europe. Possibly in the next week.

Can't wait for this game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Glad to hear of a confirmed date. I wonder if the release date will be broken like it was in N.Z. and Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barrybo

Guy in Gamestop told me today that their confirmed release date is the 7th not 14th of October. Dunno if he is wrong or not just passing on what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭clsmooth

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I ordered mine off Mightyape. It says delivery takes 10-15 days but had it in 1 week! It's a great game!

I agree-mine arrived today-is there any option files floating around? not sure how to transfer players onto the irish team :confused: have you played online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

clsmooth wrote: »
    I agree-mine arrived today-is there any option files floating around? not sure how to transfer players onto the irish team :confused: have you played online?

hey, did u get it for ps3 or xbox360?

there is a 'project novo' for ps3, ill pull out the link if ur on ps3?

go to edit teams to transfer the players manually - mess around with it, its always to best way to learn... if you have already done that and are still having trouble let me know and i'll give some details.

enjoy :)

mystic86 wrote: »
    hey, did u get it for ps3 or xbox360?

there is a 'project novo' for ps3, ill pull out the link if ur on ps3?

go to edit teams to transfer the players manually - mess around with it, its always to best way to learn... if you have already done that and are still having trouble let me know and i'll give some details.

enjoy :)

Yep on PS3-did the Irish team-took me about 30 mins! Link would be great

Yep on PS3-did the Irish team-took me about 30 mins! Link would be great

cool, whats your psn ill play a few games against ya if ya want

here is the link

http://projectnovo.freeforums.org/post272.html#p272

cool, whats your psn ill play a few games against ya if ya want

here is the link

http://projectnovo.freeforums.org/post272.html#p272

nice one man, going to d/l and install that now-my psn add is conor48 so add me and we'll get a few games in at some stage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Im on xbox myself and i've changed all the teams to the real ones. Its pretty sweet for the South african teams cause all of the players names are already in the commentary.

To change player teams you just go into the actual team and select to swap a player and find the one you want in the team. It takes a while to do all the international teams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone have a PS3 option file they can share? Or know where to find one online? Google [or rather me] was rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So is this worth getting when it comes out? My excitement for the game has died down a bit due to the late release date. Was gonna hold off on Fifa 12 and get this, but since i can only afford the one for now, would I be better off just getting Fifa or is it worth the wait??

Otacon wrote: »
    Anyone have a PS3 option file they can share? Or know where to find one online? Google [or rather me] was rubbish!

Check that project novo one out that mystic posted. If you're interested add me on psn and we can have a few games at some stage

Otacon wrote: »

i'd say its you man, considering you only needed to look at 3 posts above yours to get a solution :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Check that project novo one out that mystic posted. If you're interested add me on psn and we can have a few games at some stage

Sure. PSN = superfunhappydi. Will be away all next week though but if I see you online. We can have a game.
    i'd say its you man, considering you only needed to look at 3 posts above yours to get a solution :rolleyes:

:(

Cheers for the link. Now to go through the appearances of the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

has there been any further update on when this is actually being released? I read somewhere the 14th was confirmed but that gamestop were stating the 7th which is friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

budhabob wrote: »
    has there been any further update on when this is actually being released? I read somewhere the 14th was confirmed but that gamestop were stating the 7th which is friday.

Gamestop saying friday, Game and HMV in UK saying 7th. Wait and see tomorrow but wouldn't get the hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Is anyone else just not arsed anymore? They shot themselves in the foot with the release date f*ck ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Is anyone else just not arsed anymore? They shot themselves in the foot with the release date f*ck ups.

I'd rather get a game that was a good game released late than a cock-up released early/on-time. Of course, that's me assuming that the reason for the lateness is getting the game right, rather than anything else.

Or have they just cocked it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ccfcian

Anyone know if it is out today ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I'd rather get a game that was a good game released late than a cock-up released early/on-time. Of course, that's me assuming that the reason for the lateness is getting the game right, rather than anything else.

Or have they just cocked it up?

they cocked it up, sure the game has been out for ages elsewhere

anyway, it's not very good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Checked in Game today and they dont have it and dont know when they will be getting it in, its a disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Helix wrote: »
    they cocked it up, sure the game has been out for ages elsewhere

anyway, it's not very good imo

I got a copy off eBay. It's a pretty good game IMO. Way better than the RWC one (granted that wouldn't be hard). Easily a 8/10 if you are a rugby fan. Maybe deduct a point if you aren't. Game has a few bugs alright although the European release comes with the two patches released for it already on the disc.

Seriously considering picking up a copy of RWC. Beyond a joke how long they are taking to get it out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Seriously considering picking up a copy of RWC. Beyond a joke how long they are taking to get it out here.

RWC is ok, quite limited though. Good laugh with 2 players and a few cans though :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    RWC is ok, quite limited though. Good laugh with 2 players and a few cans though :D

Yeah been playing the demo a good bit today, no-one to play it with unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mc Love wrote: »
    Checked in Game today and they dont have it and dont know when they will be getting it in, its a disgrace!

They announced it a few weeks ago that it's out on the 14th October :rolleyes:

kensutz wrote: »
    They announced it a few weeks ago that it's out on the 14th October :rolleyes:

Said on the website 7th up until Friday, changed to 14th yesterday then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

No they didn't. They said 14th with patch to be released on the 7th
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74516617&postcount=93

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    No they didn't. They said 14th with patch to be released on the 14th.

I'm on about the Game website, I only saw the devs website when I went looking to see why it hadn't been released on the date Game had.

Advertisement