Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What brand to go for?

Options
  • 29-12-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a new laptop very soon and I'm really not sure what brand would be best to go for. At the moment I have an Asus laptop which is 5 years old and performs really poorly, started to deteriorate after about a year. I'm mainly looking for a decent brand that will be likely to last me well. I'll mainly be using it for college work and general internet browsing, as well as things like netflix and spotify.

Two laptops that I've been looking at are this Dell and also the Acer Aspire series, with this one seeming like good value.

Of the two, which would be better to go for? The Acer model is slightly more expensive but has more RAM and storage, other than that they seem to be pretty much the same in terms of specs. I've heard bad things about Acer though. On the other hand, I don't actually know much about Dell. If neither are a good option, what would you recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Lenovo are a solid brand

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Thanks. In that case, would you recommend I go for something like this model? Similar specs to the 2 I was looking at.

Advertisement