Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laminate floor onto floorboards Question

• 24-01-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

am planning to do this in sis in laws house, once carpet is removed and if its a bit uneven do i fit out with a thin ply, place underlay and then laminate it?
    or
    just let it float on existing floor?
    ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

rje66 wrote: »
    am planning to do this in sis in laws house, once carpet is removed and if its a bit uneven do i fit out with a thin ply, place underlay and then laminate it?
    or
    just let it float on existing floor?
    ta

Did this for my fathers house . The underlay should dampen out the laminate and even it up . Not sure why you woukd be fitting a thin ply . Are you taking out the floor boards or uneven floor boards ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭rje66

thanks lenny,
    thin ply was only if floor boards were very uneven, as its an older house. but first option was under lay on floor boards then laminate. just didnt want bounce and movement on the new floor.

Advertisement