Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

06 black Volswagon Passat FSI stolen

• 18-08-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for information on a stolen car. The car was stolen from my house on Cherryfield Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12 on Thursday(15th August), at 4:30 in the morning. The car is an 06 black Volswagon Passat FSI. If anyone was in or arround the area before or after this time and saw anything or anyone suspicious, please contact me. The car was my fathers and it was his only means of transport. The car was stolen while we were all in bed and some scumbag(s) broke in through the front door and took the car keys, my brother who is 14 heard someone downstairs and woke my mother. Please, if anyone saw the car in the area or anywhere in surrounding the surrounding area please contact me, the police don't seem to have any clue which direction the car went, all information is appreciated, thanks very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Sorry to hear that. Some people really are pure scum.
    Ill keep my eyes out for it.
    Do you have any pictures of it.
    Any distinguishing features?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Put up the licence plate number. Fellas on here can then have a scout round for it.

Pictures would be good too like Scotho says. Hope you find it soon, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭emoore1223

Scortho wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Some people really are pure scum.
    Ill keep my eyes out for it.
    Do you have any pictures of it.
    Any distinguishing features?

Hi, sorry but I don't have any pictures, the car does have some distinguishing features though, it has a really badly rusted towbar on the back whic is bend badly out if shape and a fairly large chip on the windshield, it's just left of the tax disc as you look at the car from the outside. Also as common as black passats are the FSI models seem to be quite rare, so I suppose that could help, as I said all help and information is appreciated. To be honest I don't think after this long it's likely to be on the road, it's probably locked in a garage or something, but thanks very much for the reply. I just feel useless as I'm 17 and I see my father sitting on the sofa devistated, he loved the car. Thanks again for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Thats terrible, some scum was trying my Neighbor's car last night, he is on holidays so I had to call the Guards to keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

emoore1223 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry but I don't have any pictures, the car does have some distinguishing features though, it has a really badly rusted towbar on the back whic is bend badly out if shape and a fairly large chip on the windshield, it's just left of the tax disc as you look at the car from the outside. Also as common as black passats are the FSI models seem to be quite rare, so I suppose that could help, as I said all help and information is appreciated. To be honest I don't think after this long it's likely to be on the road, it's probably locked in a garage or something, but thanks very much for the reply. I just feel useless as I'm 17 and I see my father sitting on the sofa devistated, he loved the car. Thanks again for the reply

Ill keep my eyes peeled anyway.
    I'd be devastated if mine got stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pictures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The OP doesn't have any pictures. But the licence plate would be useful to help people look out for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

For a time it used to seem they only went after BMW's and so on, but seems they are targeting everything.

OP, Put up the full reg anyway, and maybe you can find a picture of the type of wheels it had, online.
    Check carzone or donedeal for similar photos if you don't have one of it.

Also there is a site called crime.ie, and also a facebook group for stolen cars.
    Could also consider BroadSheet.ie, I'm not sure if they would stretch to cars particularly if you don't have photos of the actual car, but they are a strong platform for stolen bicycles and maybe they could be encouraged to move into car theft. Its a slow news day over there today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

The reg and the exact spec will help a lot in spotting the car. Is it a base line, comfort line etc? What colour interior? What wheels? Is it a 1.6 or a 2.0 fsi? Any optional extras/ modifications that will make it stand out other than the chipped window and tow bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Sorry to hear OP and I would recommend a house alarm and maybe a cctv system for the property.

They are targeting any car especially ones that will blend in.
    (not flashy loads of spec cars)

I would not wish what happened on anyone but it can be an eye opener to make your home more secure.

Best of luck op hope the cops came and checked for prints.
    Was any local shops or homes with cctv checked to see if they may have caught a sight of the scum.

Also with so many street cameras popping up at traffic lights it may have picked up the car travelling with one in front or close behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

For a time it used to seem they only went after BMW's and so on, but seems they are targeting everything.

probably looking for something that wont stand out - every 5th car on the road is a black Passat

Hope u get it back OP --

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Scum. :mad::mad::mad::mad::( I'll keep an eye FWIW emoore. I'd echo what others have suggested. OK you may not have pics, but google pics of a similar car and put it up and put up the reg. More chance it might trigger someone's memory.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Hi, thanks very much for all the replies, I will get all the info tomorrow and post it up here, thanks for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Very Sorry to hear you were a victim of this OP.

Hope the car is returned.

For anybody else in the general area of Walkinstown/Templeogue/Terenure/Perrystown
    and surrounding areas. Whoever these guys are tried it on in out house during the summer.

They actively seek new type of PVC doors and have a tool to put through the letter box to
    engage the handle on the inside and literally walk into your house.

Best advice is to (put on alarm if you have one) lock the door from the inside before bed to ensure it cant be opened by the handle either inside or out!

They are determined ****ers too they came to our place twice so be very careful!

Hi, heres what I've been able to get. As I said I didnt have any pictures but I took your advice and took to google, I've found similar photos, some are left hand drives but I can assure you my dads was a right hand drive. I've circled the location of the dint on the boot and the chip of the windshield with red circles. The reg was 06-D-66091 but I even know how easy it is to change or remove a reg. The car was a manual drive.

NOTE: the picture "interior" was the closest I could find to my dads car however. In my dads car there was a few basic buttons on the steering wheel, nothing as fancy as in the picture. Also the seats were grey unlike the brown seats in the picture.

Overall as common as Passats are, I dont believe that there are many with the same features as my dads did. Just to make it clear, the interior was grey, and not leather and it had the half metal half wood finish on the dash.

Please if anyone saw this car, please please please let me know, thank you very much

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone has any information, please let me know, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Driving from Kerry to leixlip Thursday will keep an eye out for you.

My last car was stolen last year, I feel for your dad... It's one of the worst feelings, leaves a knot in your throat!

Hope it gets found safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

To help jog someones memory...

The car has; ABS Brakes, Air Conditioning, Airbag, CD Player, Central Locking, Centre Armrest, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Electric Seats, Electric Windows, Multiple Air Bags, Power Steering, Traction Control.

The NCT is out: July 2014
    The Tax is out: September 2013
    According to the 06-D-66091 reg, it's a Petrol "Volkswagen Passat PASSAT 1.6 FSI COMFORT", and probably looks like;

media?id=14734053&defaultImage

Which I got from http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Passat/PASSAT-1/201329216019781/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've amended the title, "car" was a bit general.

Please, any information appreciated, thanks

• Advertisement

Hi, its been a few months now, the car unfortunately wasn't found. Thanks for all the help from you guys. The thread can be closed, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Hi, its been a few months now, the car unfortunately wasn't found. Thanks for all the help from you guys. The thread can be closed, thanks

Shipped off to a foreign place probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Sorry to hear that :(

Did the insurance pay out properly at least?

Advertisement