Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John Murray Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

the_monkey wrote: »
    I just switched on
    what the f*ck is this shít ??
    "Big music week" at Connolly Station, or aka "Our presenters have to do even less work than usual for their pay."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Big music week" at Connolly Station, or aka "Our presenters have to do even less work than usual for their pay."

"Big Justify Spending 100 Million On The Orchestra, And Let Tubridy Dress Up As A Beatle Week"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There's a warrant out for Damien Dempsey. He murdered Molly Malone.

There's a warrant out for Damien Dempsey. He murdered Molly Malone.
    He's clearly trying (and failing) to channel Luke Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Nice chat with Marie Cassidy, Chief State Pathologist, this morning. But Miriam provided the highlight moment: " a corpse is almost an inanimate object".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,759 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I just can't listen to Miriam any more :mad:

No matter how interesting the guest - and today's seemed to be very interesting indeed.

When will JM be back?? Please come back soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Strange thing is when JM was doing the show, I hardly ever listened to it, but from when Mirriiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaammm has been doing it, I listen at least at the start of the show to at least find out if there is anyone half interesting on.

I dont know why Miriam has to keep saying "our" show.Would it hurt her to just say "the" show?

Just heard the show with Marie Cassidy when I was driving back from work last nite.. They started off the interview with Miriam asking how they met. Marie gave quite a long response which couldnt be heard by the audience because the mic didnt work. So when she'd finished responding (with quite a long and colourful response), Miriam says "They're telling me that there was a problem with your mic, could you answer that question again"... It really was amateur hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Derek Keating :rolleyes:

Derek Keating :rolleyes:

Why in God's name (if you excuse the pun) is he talking to Miriam about this. Why doesnt he ring the priest?? He'll be on to Joe Duffy next.

"Ted, the other priests are bullying me"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why in God's name (if you excuse the pun) is he talking to Miriam about this. Why doesnt he ring the priest?? He'll be on to Joe Duffy next.

media whore is all he is

So Nile Rodgers is not pressing charges then.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Firefighters. Joe will be raging he missed this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭serfboard

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I just can't listen to Miriam any more :mad:
    How, in the name of God, have you lasted this long? ;)

I gave up soon after she started, but what really nailed it for me was when she interviewed Glen Hansard and he said that the first words from "Falling Slowly" come from the sea area forecast.

Miriam's response? "So cool" (I kid you not).

That the radio survived being hopped off the wall that day is a testament to my temperament.

I switch between Ray Darcy and local radio now.

Also, now that her champion has left RTE, can we expect to see her star wane a bit?

serfboard wrote: »
    How, in the name of God, have you lasted this long? ;)

I gave up soon after she started, but what really nailed it for me was when she interviewed Glen Hansard and he said that the first words from "Falling Slowly" come from the sea area forecast.

Miriam's response? "So cool" (I kid you not).

That the radio survived being hopped off the wall that day is a testament to my temperament.

I switch between Ray Darcy and local radio now.

Also, now that her champion has left RTE, can we expect to see her star wane a bit?
    Woah woah woah, the RTE director of programmes is her husband? Explains a LOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

**Mod edit - Post removed**

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

folks,

why must we resort to abuse/name calling about presenters? absolutely no need for it. Keep it civil please

Splint

Ye Gods, Miriam sounds like she just ran from home all the way to the studio.... she's normally a bit breathless, but today she's positively gasping :eek:

I'm off to Lyric.

Ah, I've realised this programme should be called "sweeping generalisations about women/mothers". This is the third time in the last week that Miriam has had a mother on telling everyone what it is like being a mother in a general fashion. Strangely enough, NONE of what they said about being a mother relates to anything I've experienced as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Miriam asking P.J. all the hard questions.

• Advertisement

One of Miriam's most irritating traits (on telly as well as radio) is her insistence on inserting the interviewee's name (plus surname, if it's a particurlary "serious, testing" question) into every single question she asks them.

How many times did we hear "PJ (Mara)" during that interview? I lost count.

Was spectacularly obvious during that excruciating Prime Time interview with Gerry Adams a while back.

Time for Lyric again, methinks.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Miriam asking P.J. all the hard questions.

Awful Awful stuff... Talking about Tom Vaughan Lawlor playing him in the documentary. "Would you meet him if he asked?"

Given that it was Charlie who really ramped up the cronyism and corruption that has the country where it is, I dont know how she can treat this topic so trivially.. If PJ Mara wants to self indulge on the national airwaves, it should be in the company of Sean O'Rourke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭sudzs

This is the third time this week I've heard this Vicky one on the radio promoting her book under the guise of doing something to "improve society" :rolleyes:

sudzs wrote: »
    This is the third time this week I've heard this Vicky one on the radio promoting her book under the guise of doing something to "improve society" :rolleyes:
    Full marks for effort to Miriam for repeatedly asking the same or similar questions about her personal life which Vicky said at the beginning she wouldn't answer!

Full marks for effort to Miriam for repeatedly asking the same or similar questions about her personal life which Vicky said at the beginning she wouldn't answer!

Well that did make a difference to the BBC4 and World Service interviews!

Well that did make a difference to the BBC4 and World Service interviews!
    How do you mean?

On the BBC there were no repetitive questions about her personal life which she no doubt stipulated before the interviews.

On the BBC there were no repetitive questions about her personal life which she no doubt stipulated before the interviews.
    Well I thought that when Vicky said she wouldn't talk about it that Miriam would get the hint but she want to get all Jeremy Paxman on her! :p

Well I thought that when Vicky said she wouldn't talk about it that Miriam would get the hint but she want to get all Jeremy Paxman on her! :p

Unsuccessfully!

• Advertisement

And I think Miriam has ruined the end of the movie...

Advertisement