Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bubble tea?

• 25-08-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was pondering whether I should post this in the "Coffee & Tea" section of the board but it's not the regular tea so I'll just do away with it here.

So I recently got back from a trip to the west and I have been craving bubble/boba tea badly. Does anyone know if there is anywhere where I can find bubble tea? And if not sold in places, how to make one?

Here's a picture:
    675121807_f046997ef1.jpg

With tapioca and everything!

Pleeeease let there be bubble tea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

If you want to make your own there's a recipe here: (you have to scroll down) http://www.americancupcakeinlondon.com/2011/04/bubble-tea-fever-hits-london.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I know this is a stupid question but, are you supposed to ingest the bubbles?!

I got a bubble tea in NYC this summer and while the flavour was nice, I got totally freaked when one of the bubbles traveled up the straw!

The fruity ones with the multi coloured bubbles look great, I think I may even make some myself!!

Lol, yes! They're just like eating jellies (though perhaps not quite as tasty). I do find it a bit odd having to chew a drink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Harami

ah so there's nowhere that makes them here at all? :/ so depressing haha

i will try the tips in that link though. thank you, emeralstar.

There could be somewhere in Dublin, I don't know. Did you Google it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

You can get the `bubbles` for it in the Asian stores. I got some when I got back from Taiwan and made my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Love Bubble Tea :p

You can buy the ingredients on Amazon and then just make your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Apparently Harvey Nichols in Dundrum will be doing these...sounds awful, sorry!
    /http://www.dundrum.ie/events/bubble-tea-is-coming-to-harvey-nichols/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

For 2 days only :( BOO. I love this stuff, even the chewy tapioca balls! Never been able to get it in Ireland though.

But it's just cold (usually), flavoured tea. Make some, buy some tapioca balls, throw 'em in, et voila!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Oh, I've been planning to alright, I eye up the pretty tapioca pearls every time I go to the Asian supermarket! The silly thing is I can't find the massive straws which of course are mandatory for the full bubble tea experience :D maybe they're in the Asian supermarket too, must take a closer look next time I'm there.

You could hunt for them online, I guess. Found the below on the Amazon US site but you may well find another source.

http://www.amazon.com/Bubble-Tea-Fat-Straw-pcs/dp/B0001N7RJS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Harvey Nics doing bubble tea, heres the link:
    http://www.anygivenfood.com/bubbleology-pops-up-at-harvey-nichols/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dollylolly

in Georges Street Arcade in Dublin! FINALLY someone spotted a gap in the market! :DInterested to see what flavour combinations they do as I've really had a hankering for a tarro milk tea..mmm I've been watching progress on the shop for the past week and it looks really slick. Let the Irish Bubble Tea revolution begin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Harami

Oh wow FINALLY. Thanks so much, definitely going to have a gander there sometime soon. :) I love taro tea too so I hope they make that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I'll be interested to see what this place is like, hopefully reasonably priced.. I've only had bubble tea a couple of times, including once when I made it myself.. I can't help but be freaked out by the bubbles, I don't like the texture one bit!!

No doubt I will go and try it out again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lt. Palumbo

grand opening tonight in George's Arcade, I may have to check it out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

dafuq is bubble tea

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dollylolly

saw Amy Humberman and Brian O Driscoll in Bubblicity today in Georges Street Arcade! I also had a taro boba tea and it was just like at home!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Seriously?! As soon as I move out of Dublin they open up a bubble tea cafe? I guess Yogism has shown that quirky food stuffs have a niche in the George's St arcade.

Advertisement