Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[2011-2012] What really happened to Madeleine McCann?

Options
  • 26-06-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭

Thread in AH was closed, because posts were turning into conspiracy theories. So here we are in the right forum from Mods POV!

So anyway, this little kid disappeared in the Algarve 4 years ago. I'd say everyone knows about it by now.

But where is she?

Is she dead? If so, how?

Is she alive? If so, where?

Were her parents involved or not?

Was she abducted?

Did the aliens get her?

Come on, someone out there knows what happened. I hope she's found alive BTW, but I think she's dead. I think her father found her when he went back to check, and panicked, got rid of her, and went back to the party, as if nothing had happened.

So what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

scudzilla wrote: »

No harm in starting a new thread rather than bringing back a thread over 6 months old. Go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jellybee

surely its awful to speculate in such a way about a horrific event. poor little girl :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Barrington wrote: »
    No harm in starting a new thread rather than bringing back a thread over 6 months old. Go for it

Ok, let's go!

I know it's about a little girl, and the thread may not be to everyone's taste, but you don't have to contribute or read it all the same, it's up to you.

As long as it's in the right forum, it might be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

Speculation of this sort at least keeps this topic alive and increases awareness.
    I too think this little girl is dead but honestly dont think her parents had anything to do with her death. Would love if she was found alive but dont think that will happen somehow.

• Advertisement

katiebelle wrote: »
    Speculation of this sort at least keeps this topic alive and increases awareness.
    I too think this little girl is dead but honestly dont think her parents had anything to do with her death. Would love if she was found alive but dont think that will happen somehow.

If you don't believe her parents had anything to do with her disappearance, what do you think happened to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

I think she was abducted. It was pretty obvious that her parents left the kids alone each night when they went out to eat. That would not go unnoticed. I think she was abducted and probably killed shortly afterwards and is probably buried not too far from where she was abducted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

jellybee wrote: »
    surely its awful to speculate in such a way about a horrific event. poor little girl :(
    It's ok to speculate about 9/11 - thousands of deaths - but not this, one possible death?

People are gas sometimes. :)

katiebelle wrote: »
    I think she was abducted. It was pretty obvious that her parents left the kids alone each night when they went out to eat. That would not go unnoticed. I think she was abducted and probably killed shortly afterwards and is probably buried not too far from where she was abducted.

There is no evidence whatsoever of an abduction. The parents said that's what happened on the night.

They completely refuted suggestions that the child had woken and wandered off. Dismissed that one completely. In my mind that would be the first thing I would suspect. Given that they, according to themselves, were in a very safe resort, and so, left their children alone in the apartment because it was so safe.

I am not going to comment on their apparent neglect in leaving the children alone. Maybe they had a false sense of security. But if they did feel secure, why did they shout "abduction" straight away, and not at least explore the fact that the child might have woken up and got out the door somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Come on, someone out there knows what happened. I hope she's found alive BTW, but I think she's dead. I think her father found her when he went back to check, and panicked, got rid of her, and went back to the party, as if nothing had happened.
    My great difficulty with this scenario is that it requires a parent to completely suppress overwhelming anguish which is something I think only a tiny minority of people, if that, are capable of doing. Is it your view that Kate was not involved? And if so, do you consider her choice of words on finding Madeleine missing to be in any way relevant?

I think there is a reasonable possibility that the parents were covereing up an accidental death but IMO I think an abduction of some sort is more probable, But if it was the former, I don't believe it happened as the most popular accounts suggest.

• Advertisement

lugha wrote: »
    My great difficulty with this scenario is that it requires a parent to completely suppress overwhelming anguish which is something I think only a tiny minority of people, if that, are capable of doing. Is it your view that Kate was not involved? And if so, do you consider her choice of words on finding Madeleine missing to be in any way relevant?

I think there is a reasonable possibility that the parents were covereing up an accidental death but IMO I think an abduction of some sort is more probable, But if it was the former, I don't believe it happened as the most popular accounts suggest.

I don't know what happened. But I can posit certain probabilities.

Parents and all people are capable of many things in a crisis. Don't forget the party were drinking from an early stage and anguish may have been superseded by panic. When someone panics the usual behaviours are not always adhered to.

I don't think Kate was involved. But I think she knows what happened. As to her words on the night, who heard them? The rest of the party were in the bar, although she may have ran to them shouting this? I don't understand why she dismissed completely the possibility of the child having escaped somewhere. I think she said " don't insult my intelligence" when this theory was put to her.

As I said earlier, they left the kids alone because the place was safe. Now if that is the case, why did she shout abduction straight away?

There is the possibility that they all had lots to drink. Probable more like. So panic and the first thing to enter your head is.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Given Calpol or something simialr to make her sleepy. overdid the dosage, dead when they got back and they hid the body.

Given Calpol or something simialr to make her sleepy. overdid the dosage, dead when they got back and they hid the body.

No, when the father got back, and HE hid the child somewhere. I think he is capable of shutting down and doing what is necessary. Panic, drink taken, got to do something.

Kind of explains how some people cannot understand how they sat at the bar all night if they had hidden the child to cover up something. I think it happened when the father went to check, he saw what had happened and did what he felt he had to do in his inebriated and shocked state. There is no timeline to say how long he was away from the table AFAIK.

BTW I hope this did not happen. But maybe it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I could be wrong, but wasn't there traces of some form of mild drug in the kids systems that helped them sleep? As I said I can't remember so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they were doctors of some sort. It wouldn't surprise me that they had given the kids these drugs to prevent them waking up in the night, Madeleine received an overdose, and they tried to cover it up.

Behavioural psychology states that couples who have lost a child (be that to abduction, or anything) tend to isolate themselves from each other, shut each other out. The McCanns seem to be much too strong and "together", as a couple. This is a theory based on scientific research, but they could be the exception. However I just find it all a bit too strange tbh. I think they definitely have something to do with it, and always did from day one. There's just something about the mother I can't put my finger on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

No, when the father got back, and HE hid the child somewhere. I think he is capable of shutting down and doing what is necessary. Panic, drink taken, got to do something.

Kind of explains how some people cannot understand how they sat at the bar all night if they had hidden the child to cover up something. I think it happened when the father went to check, he saw what had happened and did what he felt he had to do in his inebriated and shocked state. There is no timeline to say how long he was away from the table AFAIK.

BTW I hope this did not happen. But maybe it did.

The body has not shown up to this day. So in that very short time frame, he did a very good job. I don't buy it.

The body has not shown up to this day. So in that very short time frame, he did a very good job. I don't buy it.

I love your user name. That will be me if I put my theory about what he did out there. I need to gather my thoughts before I post it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Would have had to have been a lot stronger than Calpol to kill a child, now who could get something stronger without too many questions being asked, Doctors maybe.........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »
    Would have had to have been a lot stronger than Calpol to kill a child, now who could get something stronger without too many questions being asked, Doctors maybe.........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, and the other two, the baby twins never woke up at all during all the commotion when M was discovered missing and everyone was tramping around.

This made KmcC say out of the blue.... "the abductor drugged them!" and refused to have them checked by another doctor... hmmmmm... Cover up of their own actions in case it was spotted?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Yeh i reckon an accidental overdose and they covered it up. If they they owned up they were goin to jail. Might make one think fast as a good place to bury a body. It would be harsh if its too but i think the most plausable scenario.

you would imagine with the media attention it got in europe it would have been hard to get the child out (alive) or at least much harder than burying her remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Don't know.. and to put it bluntly, don't care much either about what happened. What bugs me about the whole thing is that it's given so much attention, when similar and worse stuff is happening today.

Their performance on the Late Late Show recently was nothing but a platform for them to sell the book. Loads of questions were met with the 'that's in the book' answer.

It'll probably never be solved.. and the parents share at least some of the blame for that because they refused to answer some pertinent questions when the answers could have really helped the investigation.

The media are the real creeps in all of this. They know by keeping the story alive, that opinion will become more split, and ultimately appeal more and more people. The McCanns are extremely vulnerable regardless of how complicit they are in Maddie's disappearance.. and there's a lot of vultures out there who're ready to pick at that.

• Advertisement

Just an aside, but if this couple are innocent, and I hope they are, but don't THINK they are.. do they realise that a lot of people do not believe them. They seem to have hard necks, writing books and giving media appearances, when all the time there are some like us here saying they overdosed their children and much, much worse.

They don't seem to have admitted that leaving their kids alone was wrong, or that they did anything wrong. " It was within the boundaries of responsible parenting" is what the father said when challenged on leaving the babies alone all night every night. Huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Just an aside, but if this couple are innocent, and I hope they are, but don't THINK they are.. do they realise that a lot of people do not believe them. They seem to have hard necks, writing books and giving media appearances, when all the time there are some like us here saying they overdosed their children and much, much worse..
    I don't know all the details of the case. Just reading the thread so far has revealed a lot that I wasn't aware of. But I know if I had killed someone and had gotten away with it, that I wouldn't be writing books about it years later and appearing on every chat show possible to go over the details again. Would you? I'd be getting on with my life and hoping everyone would just forget.

coco_lola wrote: »
    I think they definitely have something to do with it, and always did from day one.
    I'm afraid I cannot see how they might have something, as oppose to everything, to do with Madeleine's diappearance. Either they were fully involved in covering up her death or they were not involved at all. They cannot really be partially involved,

GetWithIt wrote: »
    I don't know all the details of the case. Just reading the thread so far has revealed a lot that I wasn't aware of. But I know if I had killed someone and had gotten away with it, that I wouldn't be writing books about it years later and appearing on every chat show possible to go over the details again.

Some might say that is "Hiding in full view". It has been known to happen, the more guilty one is, the more they hide it by being full on in the media etc. just so no one could possible think anything bad about them....

Some might say that is "Hiding in full view". It has been known to happen, the more guilty one is, the more they hide it by being full on in the media etc. just so no one could possible think anything bad about them....
    The Joe O'Reilly strategy? Fair enough, but years later? At the time, sure, but years later I'd be hoping everyone would forget rather than continually rehashing it.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    The Joe O'Reilly strategy? Fair enough, but years later? At the time, sure, but years later I'd be hoping everyone would forget rather than continually rehashing it.

Follow the money honey..... Books, a film soon. The monster has eaten them.

They have litigated so much against anyone who says a negative word about them, they need the loot to pay their lawyers! Oh and they need it to find their child too, sorry.

they need the loot to pay their lawyers!
    Do they, or is that just a supposition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

There is no evidence whatsoever of an abduction. The parents said that's what happened on the night.

They completely refuted suggestions that the child had woken and wandered off. Dismissed that one completely. In my mind that would be the first thing I would suspect. Given that they, according to themselves, were in a very safe resort, and so, left their children alone in the apartment because it was so safe.

I am not going to comment on their apparent neglect in leaving the children alone. Maybe they had a false sense of security. But if they did feel secure, why did they shout "abduction" straight away, and not at least explore the fact that the child might have woken up and got out the door somehow?

How many kids do you know just wander off into the night in their pyjamas and never come back? Many a time growing up I was scolded by my parents and wanted to run away but never did. And that was when I was 9 or 10. The thought never crossed my mind when I was 4.

How many kids do you know just wander off into the night in their pyjamas and never come back? Many a time growing up I was scolded by my parents and wanted to run away but never did. And that was when I was 9 or 10. The thought never crossed my mind when I was 4.
    The real difficulty with the wandered off possibility is that no body has been found. If some one can offer a possible account of how the body disappeared then it might be worth considering.

Any in any case it is perfectly sensible that the McCanns would play down this possibility, even if it were more plausible. Any parent holding on to the slim hope that their abducted child might turn up safe would and should play down the possibility that the child might be dead. You need to have as many people as possible keeping their eyes open.

I have never heard the McCanns suggest that Madeleine may be dead, not because they think there is anything more than a small chance that she might be alive, but because it is the smart thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

If some one can offer a possible account of how the body disappeared then it might be worth considering.

Heres a link to an interesting theory on the case, it gives an account of how the body was moved -

http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.com/p/theory-english.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement